Round 14 - Raiders vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex Glenn offers nothing out there on the field, not a single thing. He must give a good speech in the huddle because if we are talking about footy, I can't remember the last time he did something that made me get up and cheer.
How else will the players know there’s one more set before they get the ball back?

I'd say he's looking over his shoulder at who will be taking his spot next year.

When the Hynes talk started his form started dropping... once his confidence is gone he's next to useless on the footy field.

Send him back to qcup as a winger / centre and see if he can find a new role, because he's too fragile to handle anything that has a bit of pressure or any sort of competition for places.

He didn't have to look too far last night, we all thought Cobbo would be a bit too small and under developed to be able to do enough to hold his own.

I would say of the 3 outside backs he looked the most threatening in regards to busting a tackle.

He didn't have to look too far last night, we all thought Cobbo would be a bit too small and under developed to be able to do enough to hold his own.

I would say of the 3 outside backs he looked the most threatening in regards to busting a tackle.
I was happy with his hit ups in the get out sets... he also caught a bomb early on inside the dragons 20m and threw someone off Latrell style.

He's definitely got a bit about him and in a couple years when he fills out he will be seriously damaging.

Also I only watched the first half... apparently he started derping it up in the second.

The honeymoon is over for kevie and there has been some serious head dropping from the players things are going to get even worse from here.

Guess the option is to try Cobbo at FB and bring Coates back in on the wing although personally I would leave Coates out and put Herbie at FB. As to who replaces Herbie in the centres I would give Oates a go as opposed to Isaako who needs a break after last night. Kennedy can replace Flegler if Haas can't back up after origin. Also someone needs to replace Glenn.

Forgot about Staggs. He goes to centre and Oates to replace Glenn as far more go fwd.

This whole "let's drop Coates because he is leaving the club" is probably the most annoying shit I read on this forum on a day to day basis.
I would’ve dropped Coates a few times and not because he’s leaving but because he’s been terrible at times. In fact, the only reason I would’ve kept him in the team this long is to stop him leaving but now that’s no longer an issue.

Isaako can stay in the team in the centres, Arthars had an absolute shocker defensively tonight.

1. Mead
2. Oates
3. Isaako
4. Herbie
5. Cobbo/Coates
6. Kelly
7. Gamble

Literally anyone to play fullback ahead of the useless **** we have used all year. I don't care if we have Lodge at 1, it just can't be Isucko.
Tough one for Kevvie.

I wouldn't be dropping Jamayne for making those boo-boos. That's not really something you fix by dropping. But I would be relocating him and trying out other fullbacks. He knows that's been on the cards anyway. Maybe it's been affecting his game. Who knows? He's not a lazy trainer. We can see that. But he consistently makes costly mistakes at fullback.

Centre, I don't think so. Other than his often ineffective defence - which plagues most fullbacks, including his opposite number last night - his biggest deficiency is lack of passing game. He really doesn't have one.

But he has freakish hands and footwork that we don't get to see nearly enough. I'd move him back to the wing and see what happens from there. As long as Walters doesn't bring Niu back because he's worse. Worse on every level. And given he was the second reserve last night, he must be in that queue.

The obvious candidates are Karmichael Hunt, Cobbo and Farnworth. Hunt has pretty much dismissed that, saying he's not fast enough anymore. Maybe he isn't. Cobbo is green and is guaranteed to make mistakes, but might be where we're headed next year. Farnworth is something of an unknown entity. He has a massive fanclub on here, but to be brutal hasn't quite lived up to it. He's scored only 1 try from 10 starts since moving infield this year, and that's not good enough for a strike centre. He's also been dropped by England.

I think it's reasonable to say we've already pissed the season up against the wall so we might as well start sifting through these rookies to see who to keep.

Tough one for Kevvie.

I wouldn't be dropping Jamayne for making those boo-boos. That's not really something you fix by dropping. But I would be relocating him and trying out other fullbacks. He knows that's been on the cards anyway. Maybe it's been affecting his game. Who knows? He's not a lazy trainer. We can see that. But he consistently makes costly mistakes at fullback.

Centre, I don't think so. Other than his often ineffective defence - which plagues most fullbacks, including his opposite number last night - his biggest deficiency is lack of passing game. He really doesn't have one.

But he has freakish hands and footwork that we don't get to see nearly enough. I'd move him back to the wing and see what happens from there. As long as Walters doesn't bring Niu back because he's worse. Worse on every level. And given he was the second reserve last night, he must be in that queue.

The obvious candidates are Karmichael Hunt, Cobbo and Farnworth. Hunt has pretty much dismissed that, saying he's not fast enough anymore. Maybe he isn't. Cobbo is green and is guaranteed to make mistakes, but might be where we're headed next year. Farnworth is something of an unknown entity. He has a massive fanclub on here, but to be brutal hasn't quite lived up to it. He's scored only 1 try from 10 starts since moving infield this year, and that's not good enough for a strike centre. He's also been dropped by England.

I think it's reasonable to say we've already pissed the season up against the wall so we might as well start sifting through these rookies to see who to keep.

To me there’s 2 train of thoughts regarding fullback options, damage control - Mead, or trialling options next year - Farnworth.

I’d probably try

1. Farnworth
2. Mead
3. ?? (Hunt, Arthurs, Coates?, Cobbo?))
4. Arthurs/Staggs
5. Isaako

Probably Hunt and Arthurs in the centres or Arthurs / Staggs if he’s back.

I'd say he's looking over his shoulder at who will be taking his spot next year.

When the Hynes talk started his form started dropping... once his confidence is gone he's next to useless on the footy field.

Send him back to qcup as a winger / centre and see if he can find a new role, because he's too fragile to handle anything that has a bit of pressure or any sort of competition for places.
Nope, he was never "in form". His kick returns were good sometimes but he's always had one good play every few weeks/months in him.

I'd be interested to see how Isaako goes in the centres. Maybe a straight swap for Herbie if Staggs is still out. It's not like we've got a lot of depth there.

But he can't play at fullback, he's shit the bed too often to be an option in such a crucial position.

Alex Glenn offers nothing out there on the field, not a single thing. He must give a good speech in the huddle because if we are talking about footy, I can't remember the last time he did something that made me get up and cheer.
Who’s going to do the “one set, boys” finger if Alex goes?

This whole "let's drop Coates because he is leaving the club" is probably the most annoying shit I read on this forum on a day to day basis.
You must have many people on ignore, then

I’m going to this game because I f**king love a bit of public humiliation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Tim K
  • Broncorob
  • Fatboy
  • Santa
  • broncsgoat
  • Bish
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • Pablo
  • broncos4life
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • Tmac
  • Waynesaurus
  • mieko
  • lynx000
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.