Round 14 - Raiders vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must have many people on ignore, then

I haven't ignored anyone, I just find it a bit humorous. He is the best option we have on the wing, if we put in someone else and they have a shocker, no doubt that player will cop it from all angles by the same people who suggested we drop Coates.

Whether people like it or not, us Brisbane fans are an entitled bunch.

I haven't ignored anyone, I just find it a bit humorous. He is the best option we have on the wing, if we put in someone else and they have a shocker, no doubt that player will cop it from all angles by the same people who suggested we drop Coates.

Whether people like it or not, us Brisbane fans are an entitled bunch.
I thought Cobbo raised question marks last night on if Coates actually is the best option there, but personally feel he should stay in ISC purely because he can play fullback it will be better for him long term then being on the wing even if its 1st grade

I thought Cobbo raised question marks last night on if Coates actually is the best option there, but personally feel he should stay in ISC purely because he can play fullback it will be better for him long term then being on the wing even if its 1st grade

Agree Cobbo was really strong for us, not sure you could conclusively say he is a better option than Coates right now but it was a good start to his NRL career.

I would’ve dropped Coates a few times and not because he’s leaving but because he’s been terrible at times. In fact, the only reason I would’ve kept him in the team this long is to stop him leaving but now that’s no longer an issue.
Can't be that bad he's playing origin

Can't be that bad he's playing origin
He won't be playing origin for long if his defence or catching is anything like it is for the Bronx.

He was lucky last year the whole series was weird and he didn't stuff up. I reckon they'll have a plan to target him this time.

Guess the option is to try Cobbo at FB and bring Coates back in on the wing although personally I would leave Coates out and put Herbie at FB. As to who replaces Herbie in the centres I would give Oates a go as opposed to Isaako who needs a break after last night. Kennedy can replace Flegler if Haas can't back up after origin. Also someone needs to replace Glenn.
If we really need someone at left centre then it has to be either dale copleh or Karmichael hunt.

Is it completely insane to run Bullemore out at centre! Ack - you’re required to make a lot of defensive decisions at centre... but can’t be worse on an edge than what is being dished up. And gets him game time (which he’s not getting a lot of). Copley and Bull - centre pairing... desperate times...

I think Cobbo's debut was fairly ordinary to be truthful. But we have sank so low that so long as he never dropped too many balls and came off his wing too often we're more than happy to put it down as a good game. let's face it he was quite shite to be honest. But I fully concede he has the opportunity to grow and have a great future. The Cyclone on the other hand was a bit of rare good news on an otherwise shitfest of a night.

Alex Glenn offers nothing out there on the field, not a single thing. He must give a good speech in the huddle because if we are talking about footy, I can't remember the last time he did something that made me get up and cheer.
GIF by lilcozynostril

We're a chance of the spoon next weekend thanks to the bye.

Here's how our end of the ladder will look by the end of the round:

Sharks: 10, PD -47
Tigers: 10, PD -54
Raiders: 10, PD -86
Broncos: 6, PD -182
Bulldogs: 4, PD -226

Above the Sharks, the Knights and Titans are also on 10 but have yet to play games against the Eels and Storm respectively. That will leave us 2 wins (1 win + 1 bye) shy of the next lowest placed team, with a points differential of over 100.

Next round we face Canberra while the Bulldogs meet the Dragons. If we're down for another drubbing and the Bulldogs pull off an overdue win, the bottom isn't out of our reach.

Above the Sharks, the Knights and Titans are also on 10 but have yet to play games against the Eels and Storm respectively. That will leave us 2 wins (1 win + 1 bye) shy of the next lowest placed team, with a points differential of over 100.

Next round we face Canberra while the Bulldogs meet the Dragons. If we're down for another drubbing and the Bulldogs pull off an overdue win, the bottom isn't out of our reach.
Underestimating just how bad the bulldogs are.

But hey, last year they actually pulled it together enough to give it to us so who knows.

Underestimating just how bad the bulldogs are.

But hey, last year they actually pulled it together enough to give it to us so who knows.
I don't think we'll be bottom of the table next week, I'm just pointing out we've arrived at the point where it's mathematically possible, and not entirely implausible.

I'm tipping us to roll Canberra next weekend. The Bulldogs, fucked if I know. Or care. If we keep winning, the rest will look after itself.

We can hopefully avoid the spoon but it looks like the best we can do is 15th which isn't much of an improvement on last year.
The pressure will definitely be on next year.

Because it's sad being a broncos fan right now let's take a look at the run home for the battle of the spoon

RoundBroncosDogs
Rd 14Raiders (A) - LDragons (H) - L
Rd 15Rabbits (H) - LParra (A) - L
Rd 16Sharks (H) - 50/50Manly (H) - L
Rd 17ByeRoosters (H) - Origin - 50/50
Rd 18Tigers (H) - 50/50Rabbits (A) - L
Rd 19Panthers (A) - LSharks (H) - 50/50
Rd 20Cows (H) - 50/50Titans (H) - 50/50
Rd 21Knights (A) - 50/50Tigers (H) - 50/50
Rd 22Roosters (H) - 50/50Warriors (A) - L
Rd 23Warriors (H) - 50/50Knights (H) - 50/50
Rd 24Sharks (A) - 50/50Manly (A) - L
Rd 25Knights (H) - 50/50Tigers (A) - 50/50
Top 6 teams35
Bottom 8 teams76
50/50 Games86

Putting Manly in the top 6 rather than Dragons

So I think we have a better run home... going in dogs favour is they are only leaving Shitney once more this year against warriors and that's only to central coast

Anything 50/50 I would class as winnable games pending form, reffing, injuries, etc. leading into them.

Unfortunately to me the real issue we have at the moment is what is actually left in this squad after getting beaten down for 13 rounds due to the bullshit horrendous draw that was forced upon us.

The last 8 games of the year after the bye looks reasonable for us and is mostly at home... so if the team can somehow be mentally strong at that point then we should have some sort of chance in most of them.

The game against Sharks in a couple weeks is pretty massive for the squad and may be able to reset their form and attitude leading into a bye, which is then followed by a very winnable game against tigers at suncorp

Riki & Piakura both grabbed tries this arvo for Norths.

Might be time to just throw this season out the door and play all of the kids, see what we've got.

It's already paying dividends with Robati.

Riki & Piakura both grabbed tries this arvo for Norths.

Might be time to just throw this season out the door and play all of the kids, see what we've got.

It's already paying dividends with Robati.
Good tries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • IceWorks
  • Matheos
  • KateBroncos1812
  • winslow_wong
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • Gaz
  • Tmac
  • TimWhatley
  • Bish
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.