Round 14 - Roosters vs Broncos - Post Match Discussion

i reckon macca isnt far off realising that he could be a great hooker. once he takes that next step there will be no looking back

I'd like to point out that we have scored 90 points in two weeks. Average opposition but nonetheless that's 90 points in two weeks.

We are only just behind Melbourne in points scored this season but we're 7th in defence which needs to improve.
Proud of the boys to come away with a victory and keep us in second spot on the ladder

I think it's fair to say the Broncos still haven't put an 80 minute performance together yet. Assuming they do at some stage, that's promising!

Surely that was close to an 80 performance? Wasn't perfect, but I don't think they actually went asleep at any point.

Surely that was close to an 80 performance? Wasn't perfect, but I don't think they actually went asleep at any point.

True, still some flat periods where they gave away silly penalties and silly errors though.

Greta win, no bad player for us, refs were just so bad but as others have said it didn't affect the result.

I was very impressed by Copleys contribution today he looks like he's starting to believe he belongs there. I am really looking forward to what he produces in the back half of the season, I still maintain he will be very good for us and Qld in the future.

i reckon macca isnt far off realising that he could be a great hooker. once he takes that next step there will be no looking back

The problem with him is that there has been plenty of times where he has shown this kind of form, and then became average again later on. He just keeps shifting between the two, probably the most inconsistent player in our side. Hopefully this time he goes on with it though.

This is the most proud I have been of the team in a long time. Sure near the end it looked like we were going to let such a great effort slip with a few silly errors, but we really pulled through. What impressed me more than anything was our commitment in defence. IF we can continue like we did today then we will go a long way in this comp. Norman is improving with each game and Macca is better now, more constant than before, very happy.

Well played, horribly refereed, great to win. Powerhouse performance by McGuire too - that's what you get when you give him more than the 30 minutes a week he's been getting. Very impressed also by the McGuire lookalike.

Wallace was excellent too which was good to see after a bit of a lull in his performances.

Teo played excellently, and quite frankly I think we'd be better with him and thaiday switching roles and minutes.

Last edited:
Well played, horribly refereed, great to win. Powerhouse performance by McGuire too - that's what you get when you give him more than the 30 minutes a week he's been getting.

Pretty certain McGuire has been getting 50 odd mins per game for most of this season..

Pretty certain McGuire has been getting 50 odd mins per game for most of this season..

nah, I've got him in fantasy league so trust me when I say he's been getting less than 40 for a fair few games lol

I don't like to bag the refs, but they were terrible.

First 2 Roosters trys were not trys
The strip play that led up to Glenn's try
The penalty against McGuire (the Rooster player put a cheapie in that's why he grabbed him)
The 1m forward pass from Minichello out of dummy about mid-way through the 1st half
The lifting tackle where they let it go then a couple of seconds later pulled it up.

Apart from that rubbish, I'm glad the senior players stood up and got the team over the line. The Roosters forwards are a pack of thugs...

What a fantastic win that was! It rained for the whole match and was ridiculously cold, but everyone stayed focused and committed and we got the result. :rockon:

There were some areas of our game I was disappointed with, but I'm not even going to bother mentioning them as I'm so chuffed with the effort put in by everyone and of course, the victory.

Wallace was outstanding, and it was great to see some of our forwards step up in the absence of our Origin players. The stats haven't been updated yet, but as it stands, McGuire made 20 runs for 176 metres, as well as 42 tackles. That is huge.

Agree with rod78 about Te'o offering more out wide than Thaiday. Sammy just hasn't been the same this season in terms of running lines and busting tackles - I don't know if it's because we're purposely using him differently or whatever - but Te'o has been a massive threat out there on the fringes. Love it.

nah, I've got him in fantasy league so trust me when I say he's been getting less than 40 for a fair few games lol

He has had a few games with big minutes. Certainly needs to have more then 30mins. Hard to juggle it with such a good pack though.

Fantastic result given we had to contend with the chooks and the refs!
That was a shocking display by the latter, although the first chooks try was correct, if you watch the replay from the front on camera, you see that Friend gets the ball down quickly before being held up. On the other hand, the last chooks try should have been called held before Nu'usala offloaded. The Broncos players had him locked up and were droppng off the tackle when he offloaded. Anyway, enough about the idiots in pink.

Wallace and Macca stood tall and guided that young forward pack around perfectly. Glenn, McGuire and Te'o had very strong performances as well, and I can't really find fault with any of our players tonight, even though I agree that Hoffman is very inefficient close to the opposition's line at the moment. He seems to die with the ball a lot...

Locky called it as I was pointing out to my son how that try to Norman suddenly gave him the confidence to go on with his game and that beauty of a pass to a Reed in full flight was the try of the night for mine!

It does fill me with confidence to see the kids play so well under the circumstances (missing 7 starters, horrible weather and refs calls). I hope Hook gives them a big wrap.

Fantastic result given we had to contend with the chooks and the refs!
That was a shocking display by the latter, although the first chooks try was correct, if you watch the replay from the front on camera, you see that Friend gets the ball down quickly before being held up.
I don't know about that, I thought he was short when the ball was on the ground, at least it should have gone upstairs for review. It appeared that whenever a Rooster player was over the line it had to be a try!

Josh McGuire was EPIC!
I got so angry after the Roosters 2nd try I had to look up the Score (geeze I hate delayed games) so I knew we weren't outright robbed by the refs.
Can't believe the chooks were carrying on the victims. The refs were bad BOTH ways, the chooks just couldn't hold the ball and had a few lazy tacklers!!

Active Now

• Big Del
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skathen
  • Battler
  • Ondi
  • Culhwch
  • Fitzy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Financeguy
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.