PRE-GAME Round 14 - Storm vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

He scored a try in ISC, why isn't he in first grade?!

https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2018/06/01/alex-ticking-the-right-boxes/

ALEX Glenn is 'ticking the boxes' as he aims for an early return to the field against the Storm in Melbourne next week.
Glenn was ruled out for four to six weeks with a media ligament injury in his knee after the loss to the Sea Eagles on May 12.
And the bye this weekend has helped, with him set to return against the Storm a week from Sunday after missing just two games.
Glenn has run strongly twice now this week under the watchful eyes of medical staff.
This morning he completed a set of change of direction drills, showing his joint is gaining in strength.
The Kiwi international would be a welcome return for the Broncos, who have been going through an injury crisis in the forwards without Matt Gillett, Josh McGuire, Korbin Sims and youngster Payne Haas.
"Today is the second time he has run this week and Alex is ticking all the boxes," said Broncos' High Performance Manager Jeremy Hickmans.
"He will be back to skills with the main group next week with the aim of getting ready to play against Melbourne."
However the outcome for teenage prop Haas is not nearly as good after it was confirmed he will miss the rest of the season following shoulder surgery.
Haas had a complete shoulder reconstruction last week after dislocating the joint last month.
"That is a six-month recovery but he will be back in time for the start of the pre-season," said Hickmans.

Bird still looking huge

33696471_257775624963347_5014631384757567488_n.jpg

Bird still looking huge

33696471_257775624963347_5014631384757567488_n.jpg
Seriously, I was all for giving the bloke time to recover and get fit, but this is just ridiculous now.

You don’t run on your sternum. You don’t do laps of a pool with your sternum. You don’t cycle with your sternum.

FFS, pull your finger out big-boy and get fit!

Seriously, I was all for giving the bloke time to recover and get fit, but this is just ridiculous now.

You don’t run on your sternum. You don’t do laps of a pool with your sternum. You don’t cycle with your sternum.

I would seriously love to see him get some Q cup time before returning

If you look at his instagram you'll see he wasn't even shredded when playing for the sharks.

What makes you so sure he isn't wearing anything underneath? Players with injuries regularly have things strapped to their body while training.

There is another photo that suggests that is the case.

It's not so much the spare tyre he's got that worries me, it's his chicken arms and legs, that's where all the power comes from when busting tackles

It's not so much the spare tyre he's got that worries me, it's his chicken arms and legs, that's where all the power comes from when busting tackles

Was going to mention the same thing. I’m nearly 40 with 4 kids and spend about 3 hrs a week max training with a kettle bell and body weight. It doesn’t take a lot to appear much fitter than Bird looks. I know appearance is not to the whole story in actual fitness but geez it does translate. The guys full time job is to keep his body in top shape. I wouldn’t pick on a guys physique normally but I’m comfortable expecting a lot from a professional athlete.

From what I recall of his better performances of a couple of years ago was that he was a competitor who muscled his way into a game rather than having silky skills or great footwork. I don’t think he has a lot to offer other than his physicality. He’s phoning it in at this point.

I don't know about all the fat shaming on here. Some people just have a different body shape. Fifita for example.

I don't know about all the fat shaming on here. Some people just have a different body shape. Fifita for example.

I don’t think Bird is bulking up so he can play front row though.

I don’t think Bird is bulking up so he can play front row though.
No , but people are intimating that he's fat because he doesn't do any work. Is that what you think.? I think he's been playing injured and if his form was better this wouldn't be an issue.

Not the best example as Fifita is the form prop of the comp...
Why, it's a perfect example. Bromwich and Fifita couldn't look more different yet they're both effective. My point is fafita will look like a ft **** no matter how much work he does.

Active Now

• LGH
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncos4life
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • Galah
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Johnny92
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mr Fourex
  • peter09
  • Aldo
  • Manofoneway
  • Skathen
  • Alec
  • ivanhungryjak
  • KateBroncos1812
  • heartly87
  • leon.bott
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.