Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Riki has been treading water for a while now. Not that this scenario ever happens, but I floated a month or two ago whether people would swap Riki for Fifita, I wonder if people are reconsidering their total support of RIki at the very least? He's never really broken out for mine, just little bits of promise here and then to keep you on the hook.
Riki has been really poor this season. His hands let him down every week and is way too passive in all aspects.
Piakura, given more time, will take his spot.

Multiple tries off forward passes.
The Munster catch and then step over the dead ball line. Not called, not overturned.
Riki pulled off the ball when playing it. Called against us, should have been a penalty.
Hughes and Munster hanging onto the ball for bloody ages and not letting us play it, no six again - multiple occasions.
Not checking Melbourne's first try properly - was a knock on at first look.
Etc.

We should expect a few things going against us, but that was a travesty.
That was the one that really got me. Luckily it had no impact on the outcome but deadset that was just made up on the spot.
Week after week you see things like that (deadball, set restarts) overturned by the bunker while the replay is being shown. But here they say, oh no we can see it is wrong, but the captain didn't challenge so play on.
Seriously, what more evidence do people need the NRL is incompetent?

Riki has been really poor this season. His hands let him down every week and is way too passive in all aspects.

Piakura is warming nicely, last week was his best ISC game. Excellent runs and a huge hit under the posts one on one. Try running off Ahearn.

Could have easily had two or three tries, he just got pulled down short. There was a run and offload for a disallowed try where he stepped his way through and then off-loaded in traffic- apart from the forward pass it was great.

His offloading the last month has been sensational. Two against the Tigers and Falcons kept his arms up to offload for a try in the corner.

Bad miss on the line not coming up for a Little try and a few misses in general in defence.

80 minutes 2/3 weeks so getting there.

I expected us to lose and we did so I'm not disappointed. Yeah we were up 16-6 but you're never comfortable against Melbourne whatever the score - a couple of mistakes bang bang and it was 16 all at HT.

Some quick thoughts:

Roberts short kicking game was excellent, played like a little general in some parts of the game. Was pleasantly surprised as I don't really rate him/never did, but he stepped up superbly. That cutout to Cobbo was mint.

Cobbo came back to earth last night, but will be a good learning experience for him.

TMM's shortcomings defensively at FB are slowly coming to the fore each week. He's performed admirably there but I think we will struggle to take the next step (genuine premiership threat) with him at the back. Good teams will exploit his lack of positioning and Melbourne did it perfectly last night - it's not the first time this has happened this season either.

Riki has been treading water for a while now. Not that this scenario ever happens, but I floated a month or two ago whether people would swap Riki for Fifita, I wonder if people are reconsidering their total support of RIki at the very least? He's never really broken out for mine, just little bits of promise here and then to keep you on the hook.

Carrigan stood up again. Fantastic player.

Haas has regressed since the contract debacle. Perhaps he's just doing enough now instead of really giving it his all. Not that he's playing badly, but he's not the player he was even 6 weeks ago.

I think the criticism for Turpin is harsh - he didn't really do anything wrong in his time out there. Funny tho that his first set on the field resulted in a knock on (nothing to do with him though). Even when he's not involved our attack breaks down with him on the field.

Goatesy with the double - I wonder if he'll resign for 350? Good value if so.

Palasia got 4mins? What's the point?

Staggs and Olam had a great battle out there, was fun to watch them go back and forth in a mostly good spirited contest.

That flick pass from Meaney was fantastic, even if it was questionable.

Melbourne are a team in decline.

We aren't far away.
I agree with everything except Fifita. Don’t have a single second to give to that man. TC and Piakura can fight for Riki’s spot. I actually think TC is in immense form right now and probably should be snagging that second row spot soon. Piakura has been playing really well as well.

i think robati has looked better on the left than the right maybe has to do with the hand he favors for offloads?

He's right with Wynnum. Scored a good hole running try yesterday on the right off Scarlett.

Haven't seen much of Piakura, heard a lot though... proof is in the pudding.

Edit: Him and Willison are on at 2pm today, will tune in.

The only thing he’s offered this season is defence but he has big lapses in attention - especially poor work at marker. He hasn’t offered anything in attack this season.

I would be happy to have him share minutes with Robati or Piakura if Kev is only going to use Palasia for 4 minutes.

I never said the Storm didn't get away with any "forward passes" only that once the game is over, I move on, accept the result, and refuse to carry on like a baby about it. I've never seen anyone here complain that we got away with forward passes, and as a TV viewer, I've thought we've got away with plenty.

It's called being a good sport. You dust off and get back up.

I get none of us like it when refs make mistakes, and it's hard to grin and bear it. But when a club's fans en-masse starting cocking up conspiracy theories that our team are victims of a corrupt establishment, that's just pissing the bed. It's the bottom rung of bad sportsmanship. I don't care that I cop shit for not going along with it. I'm not stooping to that level.

If there's a wider fundamental issue with adjudication, and I don't mean human errors, that's a discussion at a higher level than stirring up the fans' indignation.

For what it's worth, of course I thought the Storm got a way with a bit. I also thought we did. Did the Storm get away with more around the rucks? Yes, they always do. They're coached that way. If you want to beat the Storm at that game, you have to be as smart as them. That's easier said than done.

We have at least two crafty players: Adam Reynolds and Patty Carrigan. Reynolds is by my reckoning the craftiest in the competition. But the Storm, as a team, are crafty. That's part of their drill. We're not at that stage of maturity. Yet.

I rarely see the refs get it wrong .
For the amount of decisions they have to make I think they do an outstanding job .
And now dayz with the Captains challenge we get the correct call even more often .

I do scratch my head when I read about anti Broncos bias and NSWRL conspiracies though.

How of these conspiracy theorists have actually tried refereeing a game ? I have and I can tell you it`s bloody hard .

i think robati has looked better on the left than the right maybe has to do with the hand he favors for offloads?

I have seen him offload on the right .
Flick pass style .
Looks more natural on the left . The offload to Herbie was gold .

The only thing he’s offered this season is defence but he has big lapses in attention - especially poor work at marker. He hasn’t offered anything in attack this season.

I would be happy to have him share minutes with Robati or Piakura if Kev is only going to use Palasia for 4 minutes.

Did subbing Tyrone Roberts upset the rotation ?
Palasia usually plays much bigger minutes .

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.