Status
Not open for further replies.
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Has he been ordinary?

TBF, I haven't watched him either ... But @Big Pete said in the Baker thread that "He's regressed the past couple of weeks and has been sloppy without making too much of an impact."

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
NRL2024BHQTeamListRound15

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Souths bench is worrying.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I want to see Madden putting up torps.

He did it against the Raiders but I don't think he's done it since. Even if it doesn't lead to errors, it gives the chasers more time to chase the kick.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Souths bench is worrying.
There will be some chopping and changing surely.

Can see Murray coming into the starting side and KK back to the edge or maybe prop, because Keppie and Moale could be in for a rough day against Jensen, Haas and Patty.

No Havili is a big out for them... he scored a try and setup another in the first meeting this year... and him and Sele dominated in last year's games as well. Robust small middles are nightmare fuel to our forward pack because of the roll on and quick ptbs they get.

Duncan is small, but he's not the same style as Havili... if we can handle Burgess off the bench then that's the biggest forward they've got, but Willison is back.

The biggest issue to me is that we have to travel to Sydney.

We havent been there much this year and you just dont know which Broncos will turn up when they have to travel.

If they turn up and just go through the motions instead of actually taking it to the Souths lineup with some line speed and energy, then they'll get flogged... but that is the case with literally any team. If the attitude is shit then you're going to get flogged.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Milne being in the team is another pain in the ass player for Broncos... he's basically a Havili style prop that plays on the wing... this time he'll be in the centres but we absolutely have to attack his side of the field.

Richie Kennar in the other centre spot... that is the spot to attack right there... didnt we destroy him in the first meeting this year?? (his speed looked shot in the early parts of this year... they must have no one left if he's been given a recall)

I want to see us play a bit expansive inside our own half (pending conditions) and get our strike centres 1v1 with those two match ups. We dont need to do anything fancy just give them early ball with space and let them go... I think we go a little overboard with how far we go into the line and it allows the defence to get up and shut down Ezra, Walsh and Sailor.

When Reynolds is there he will exploit any early calls from the defence (kicks in behind for Staggs/Riki, kicks over the top for Mariner, dummy and passing behind the defence, etc.)... but if we're not going to do that then we can keep it simple to ensure we can at least exploit the match ups.

Staggs and Cobbo dont need acres of space to take on Kennar and Milne, but they cant do it if those guys are given time to get up in their face

We definitely have the class across the two teams to win this... our pack and outside backs are far better than theirs.

Latrell is their main threat... if we get beaten we will have basically been beaten by one player which is not good enough.

Keep the ball in play and kick early to make Latrell run with no wing support around him. Have Ezra kicking from short sides to box him into corners, etc.

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
Need a big game from our bench and our halves. Mam in particular needs to step up this game in defence with Piakura. Also want to see him take some ownership of our attack given he's the money man at the moment. If mam is hungry for the ball and supporting the play there's no reason we can't put a score on them

M

maximus84

Jun 10, 2024
I just can't see this side beating souths, and if not then then run in from here is not to good with Warriors away after origin into Penrith. I just can't help but feel out recruitment has been awful, not helped with injuries, but man that bench is weak.

I understand Kevie and Reynolds saying Madden is the goods but his stats just don't back that up, 7 games this year, only 4 try assists and 4 line break assists, 1 forced line drop out, just not the stats you want from a half.

While our defense has been poor I am equally as worried about where the points come from.

Emanon

Emanon

QCup Player
Apr 26, 2021
Mam needs to just focus on making his tackles and running the ball. Been disappointing the last few games. Need him to step up during this period and demand the ball
That's kind of what I mean. I think the added responsibility may actually make him step up and do it.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I just can't see this side beating souths, and if not then then run in from here is not to good with Warriors away after origin into Penrith. I just can't help but feel out recruitment has been awful, not helped with injuries, but man that bench is weak.

I understand Kevie and Reynolds saying Madden is the goods but his stats just don't back that up, 7 games this year, only 4 try assists and 4 line break assists, 1 forced line drop out, just not the stats you want from a half.

While our defense has been poor I am equally as worried about where the points come from.
I feel for madden, it’s been a steep learning curve. Every time he plays the team plays like trash. Dropped balls galore leading to mountains of defence, forwards getting dominated. He hasn’t had much chance to play along side Reynolds either to get some guidance. Hopefully he comes good.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I want to see Madden putting up torps.

He did it against the Raiders but I don't think he's done it since. Even if it doesn't lead to errors, it gives the chasers more time to chase the kick.
The play is kicking to corners and making Latrell run. He’s pretty decent under the highball.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016

You've ignored the 2 tries he's scored as well.

He's 4 wins from 7 this year, which is not bad considering he rarely gets to play with the full strength team.

I think he outplayed Ezra last week, which is just not good enough from Ezra.

I think Ezra is the one we need to see stepping up considering he's just been given the massive contract... he needs to evolve beyond just being a support player.

He was doing it a bit earlier in the year when others were out (Storm game, etc.), but I was super disappointed with what he showed after being in origin camp for the week. He was pretty invisible throughout the entirety of the sharks game.

I want to see him getting involved and wanting the ball... get into first receiver or even run out of dummy half (he's always back there for get out sets).

Cant just park on his edge and wait for the ball to come to him, because way too often he's getting monstered by up and in defence... if that's happening to him then he should get in closer to the ball and keep the defence honest or demand that he gets the ball earlier.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Te Kura's injury is tragic timing because I am beyond convinced he would be getting a regular bench spot by now at the expense of Gosiewski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • Spike
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Midean
  • Alec
  • Pablo
  • Bronco bob
  • Manofoneway
  • Harry Sack
  • Galah
  • broncos4life
  • Old Mate
  • Morkel
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • Rambstien
  • Battler
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.