Status
Not open for further replies.
Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Drop Oates for Karapani,
Start Goeski & put Piakura on the bench.
Not sure what needs to be done but the bench should turn up and compliment our starting middle very well.
I dont know why people are calling to drop oates for Karapani.. What makes anybody think that Karapani can catch a high ball better than Oates.

I would prefer the devil I know personally.

Cavalo

Cavalo

NYC Player
Sep 20, 2019
I dont know why people are calling to drop oates for Karapani.. What makes anybody think that Karapani can catch a high ball better than Oates.

Still think he should get a shot on the wing. We know what we'll get from Oates. I don't mind the call to start Gos and use Piaks for impact, but I think Kevie is giving the preferred starters another chance to step up.
Hold the ball, kick to corners, make your tackles. There should be points up against the Souths centres.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Did Fletcher Baker pick up an injury against Sharks? He's out for Magpies according to the QRL.com.

Also noticed Jaiyden Hunt isn't anywhere to be seen.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I want to see Madden putting up torps.

He did it against the Raiders but I don't think he's done it since. Even if it doesn't lead to errors, it gives the chasers more time to chase the kick.
He wasn't getting enough air in his kicks against the Sharks.

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022

Since replacing Arthurs on the left,
1. Oates has dropped more balls than he caught.
2. one asset that he possesses is making meters with his strong carries no longer exist.
3. His defense is horrendous.
4. Every time the opponents targets our left corner, they’re walking away with scoring or repeat sets

Agree that Karpani is a terrible passer and don’t have that experience but he would surely make some meters, carry the ball with intent & is strong in defense.

Mind you that I’m a fan of Oates too but his errors & lack of energy is contributing to our L’s & that has to change. With the experience he has got, he can’t be contributing to our L’s but should be contributing to our W’s.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

I’m sick of watching a bloke slower than most props on the wing so I’m happy for another devil.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Got a real bad feeling about this one.
I was feeling the same just after the Sharks game, but I think everyone is forgetting just how crap Souths are.

Our forwards should be rested and ready to go. We get field position and no one is stopping us from scoring. Our defence hasn't been too bad too (for all the pressure we keep putting on it).

Souths are gonna be brought back down to earth. The main story from this game will be NSW fans back to doubting if they should pick Latrell again.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Would it be cruel to pull Leota out of U19s camp for Friday? At least it's his native position.

I always think so, I think that could be your only Queensland jumper and to take that away is hard.

Leota wouldn't solve the problem, anyway, hasn't mastered a run out of his end and doesn't catch kicks and take ground off yet.

He pretty much stays out on the sideline and hops the ball comes to him.

Five games in that's alright.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Give Leota another full pre-season and he could make some real progress. Plenty of raw talent but he still has much to learn. Don't wanna rush kids in when they have pretty obvious deficiencies and they still haven't physically developed.

kman

kman

QCup Player
Aug 8, 2021
I'll be going to this game this weekend. Definitely hoping for alot more from our players this week and a massive turn around.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Easy Karipani replacement, i think bar a shocker this will probably have Oates behind him in the pecking order.

I would say he could've played his last game but we have an Origin effected Dragons game later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bish
  • Pablo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Santa
  • Big Del
  • lynx000
  • johnyE
  • FACTHUNT
  • Old Mate
  • Financeguy
  • Morkel
  • Manofoneway
  • mystico
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.