PRE-GAME [Round 15, 2024] Broncos vs Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way to beat the bunnies is to ensure we're winning the middle so we can kick on the 4th when it's only 5 minute Trell at the back to force him to run around. The guy is only capable or running at full pace for 5-10 minutes a game, then he leans on his wingers to do all the work. Make him tired by kicking to the corners on tackle 4 (from good field position so they are not starting their sets on the 30m).

Next, stir up Walker, once he has a brain explosion he can't play footy any more. When he goes feral he starts dropping balls, throwing wild passes and his defence turns to shit.

That and markers need to be on point all night. Cookie is good for one try a game just beating sloppy markers.

The Courier Mail is reporting that Cobbo will shift to the wing with Karapani playing centre
I don’t get this……I thought Cobbo is a natural left center while Karapani suits left wing than Center. Wonder what Kev’s plans are.

On a different note, why the heck all these details come out in the press way in advance? As Karapani is 18th player, we don’t need to finalize our 17 until 1 hour before kickoff I would imagine. That surprise element to opponents is gone if this kind of news comes out in advance.

I don’t get this……I thought Cobbo is a natural left center while Karapani suits left wing than Center. Wonder what Kev’s plans are.

On a different note, why the heck all these details come out in the press way in advance? As Karapani is 18th player, we don’t need to finalize our 17 until 1 hour before kickoff I would imagine. That surprise element to opponents is gone if this kind of news comes out in advance.
There's no leaks on that... journos just go to training and see how the players are lining up... especially when Kevvie is lined up for the presser because it was captain's run today.

I think someone mentioned before that Cobbo and Karapani were swapping in attack and defence.

Cobbo on the wing, because they may be concerned about Karapani catching bombs, etc. Karapani has also only played two games so far, with both at left centre. Pretty sure he came through the grades as a right centre... so left wing and left centre is new to him anyway, but at least he's had some defensive reps at left centre with both Mam and Piakura.

If they swap between attack and defence, then we're still getting Cobbo at left centre in attack, which is what we want anyway

There's no leaks on that... journos just go to training and see how the players are lining up... especially when Kevvie is lined up for the presser because it was captain's run today.

I think someone mentioned before that Cobbo and Karapani were swapping in attack and defence.

Cobbo on the wing, because they may be concerned about Karapani catching bombs, etc. Karapani has also only played two games so far, with both at left centre. Pretty sure he came through the grades as a right centre... so left wing and left centre is new to him anyway, but at least he's had some defensive reps at left centre with both Mam and Piakura.

If they swap between attack and defence, then we're still getting Cobbo at left centre in attack, which is what we want anyway

Our formline is horrendous, I don't get our favouritism.

Big Pete, what do you reckon? I think we are specials to lose this. We can't defend errors and set restarts, of which there have been plenty against us.

That's stupid, Keep Cobbo at left centre in both scenarios.

Our formline is horrendous, I don't get our favouritism.

Big Pete, what do you reckon? I think we are specials to lose this. We can't defend errors and set restarts, of which there have been plenty against us.
They're a tough team to pick Brisbane because even when they get outplayed they find ways to win. However, if the Broncos play like they have the past few weeks I just think Souths have too many points in them with Latrell, Walker, Cook and Murray.

That Broncos left edge in particular...I'm getting flashbacks to THAT Tony De Las Haras game.

They're a tough team to pick Brisbane because even when they get outplayed they find ways to win. However, if the Broncos play like they have the past few weeks I just think Souths have too many points in them with Latrell, Walker, Cook and Murray.

That Broncos left edge in particular...I'm getting flashbacks to THAT Tony De Las Haras game.
At least we had TC to teach that Ref who's boss, not sure our team has that in them :P

I like the idea of Cobbo defending on the wing and attacking at centre just quietly.
Yeah his confidence defending at centre seems to be shot at the moment. Not sure how it happened because he seemed fine not too long ago.

I like the idea of Cobbo defending on the wing and attacking at centre just quietly.
It has some upside to it.
Saves one of our biggest attacks weapons from making more tackles.
Kick returns or being back for the second run of set. Selwyn can skittle defenders which makes metres for the next bloke Mariner or Sailor easier.

It just doesn’t make sense to have Karapani defending at left centre when Cobbo is a stronger defender.

They could easily switch around on 4th tackle so Cobbo is the one taking the kicks.

Just feel that Latrell is going to tear us apart. Feels like he wants to prove himself for that SOO spot. Our left edge line-up is horrible and will 100% be exploited.

We need to make him tired and keep the ball down their end but our ability to stop the opposition from just rolling down the field has been laughably bad.

Praying for a miracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • Dreaglor
  • Financeguy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Hurrijo
  • Manofoneway
  • Harry Sack
  • DrGee
  • Kenny powers
  • Scdeac
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • Nightwatchman
  • thenry
  • LGH
  • bert_lifts
  • lynx000
  • Broncosgirl
  • jarro65
  • Bucking Beads
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.