Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I really enjoyed the 1999 outside of the drama over Alfie retiring and initial dread of the possible spoon. The boys showed a lot of guts and determination to turn it around(by the time we got to the final against Cronulla though we were out of gas, it did however set us up right for 2000), a lot of the youngsters stepped up, Ben Walker especially who I thought was really going to have a future at the club, shame that never really turned out. i have a habit of crapping on about the past don't I?

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
We need a different bench that contributes a lot. If we’re after experience, Tapau can do a 2*10 min stints either side of the half & I’m sure he would provide some mongrel which we’re lacking.

During trails, there’s a guy Josh Patson/Pattison who played 2nd row I believe. Wonder where he’s at now?
Don't we have anyone knocking on the door from our affiliates? It’s a shame if we don’t.

Perhaps we could play Karapani on our left wing and see how he goes there.

Whatever the changes get made 1-17, if we don't turn up with energy and massive change in attitude, we’re in big trouble.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
We need a different bench that contributes a lot. If we’re after experience, Tapau can do a 2*10 min stints either side of the half & I’m sure he would provide some mongrel which we’re lacking.

During trails, there’s a guy Josh Patson/Pattison who played 2nd row I believe. Wonder where he’s at now?
Don't we have anyone knocking on the door from our affiliates? It’s a shame if we don’t.

Perhaps we could play Karapani on our left wing and see how he goes there.

Whatever the changes get made 1-17, if we don't turn up with energy and massive change in attitude, we’re in big trouble.
I'd consider bringing Karapani off the bench into the middle for a stint. He can tackle, he's got spark with his running game and abit of mongrel about him.

kat00

kat00

NYC Player
Apr 25, 2014
The panic in this thread, dear god. Are you all new supporters or something? Not even close to the '99 slump boys, calm the fk down.
Comparing this roster to the 99 roster is like comparing Dame Edna Everage to Paige Spiranac.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Last week was a tough assignment for Sailor, probably forced back from injury too soon. Regardless, he's failed to live up to early expectations on his appearances in the season proper. I'm not sure how many more auditions he'll get.

Totally Unr3al

Totally Unr3al

BRL Player
May 3, 2024
I really don’t know how we are gonna win this game
Our bench is just awful

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
I hope Walters is considering having one of haas, jensen or carrigan on the bench. I don't want it permanently obviously but I just think it's what we need at the moment. Our bench is so shit that teams know if they keep their noses in it for the 1st 2o mins they know they'll get on top once the bench is on. It's an 80 minute game. I know willison is back (although he has only had 2 weeks off with his kids now) but we the our rotation should not be completely reliant on a sub 20 game prop. Heyhrington needs to be told very clearly that if he can't cover 2nd row and even centre them there just isn't a spot for him. He's twice the player of gojetski but ATLEAST he covers so more injuries.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I hope Walters is considering having one of haas, jensen or carrigan on the bench. I don't want it permanently obviously but I just think it's what we need at the moment. Our bench is so shit that teams know if they keep their noses in it for the 1st 2o mins they know they'll get on top once the bench is on. It's an 80 minute game. I know willison is back (although he has only had 2 weeks off with his kids now) but we the our rotation should not be completely reliant on a sub 20 game prop. Heyhrington needs to be told very clearly that if he can't cover 2nd row and even centre them there just isn't a spot for him. He's twice the player of gojetski but ATLEAST he covers so more injuries.

this along with other similar posts is an over reaction ... our bench works well when Willison is on it. he keeps the momentum going when we rest Payno / Jensen.

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
I really enjoyed the 1999 outside of the drama over Alfie retiring and initial dread of the possible spoon. The boys showed a lot of guts and determination to turn it around(by the time we got to the final against Cronulla though we were out of gas, it did however set us up right for 2000), a lot of the youngsters stepped up, Ben Walker especially who I thought was really going to have a future at the club, shame that never really turned out. i have a habit of crapping on about the past don't I?
Alfie quitting should’ve been the end of us but to make the finals and then win it the year after - anything is possible!

M

maximus84

Jun 10, 2024
Biggest worry about this game is we have one team with their tails up after a good win and a team with 0 confidence currently, we are so exposed with no Reynolds or Walsh there in regards to creativity in attack, Madden is just not the answer you never see him take the line on and his kicking game is just not NRL standard. Desperate to see a win here, but I just struggle to see it.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
1. Sailor
2. Arthurs
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo
5. Mariner
6. Mam
7. Madden
8. Jensen
9. Walters
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Smoothy
15. Willison
16. Hetherington
17. Oates

This team should beat the Rabbitohs.

Broncosgirl

Broncosgirl

Deep in the Heart of Queensland
Contributor
Nov 9, 2022
Is Arthurs due back this week?

Broncosgirl

Broncosgirl

Deep in the Heart of Queensland
Contributor
Nov 9, 2022
He brings an amazing vibe to the Broncos .. I think we've missed him more than most realise to be honest.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Looks like Cam Murray could be back this week too. It is going to be a big test for us to get back into the winners circle this week. We can absolutely do it but we will need to be a lot better.
Murray is overrated. He's past it.
I really don’t know how we are gonna win this game
Our bench is just awful
Willison completely changes our bench. Hetherington will step up too.

Emanon

Emanon

QCup Player
Apr 26, 2021
I think the trick to this may be to name Mam as the acting vice captain until Reynolds returns. It's pushing a masterstroke, but it might work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.