Round 15 Discussion

Keep it classy Burgess.
lol it was very, very obviously intentional.
[automerge]1561673475[/automerge]
Broncos may suck at the moment but I take great satisfaction in knowing James Roberts is yet to win a game in a souffs Jersey since having his tantrum transfer..
Honestly hardly noticed him and Gagai last night.

Last edited:
That was a good reward for the Wests Tigers. They're like the island of the misfit toys and while they have their moments they usually acquit themselves nicely. They remind me of Henry's Tigers where teams fall in the habit of under-estimating them and either have points scored on them quickly or just don't take their chances and end up losing to them at the death. The challenge for Maguire will be evolving their style and making them more dangerous with the football, but he's doing well with the base that Ivan Cleary provided him.

Souths were slow off the mark and just looked lethargic all night. By rights they should have been comfortably beaten, but they have enough class in their structures to stay in the game. I thought Sutton and Walker did a good job of trying to rally the troops but they just didn't receive enough support on the night.

Souths are definitely in a slump right now and it'll be interesting to see how they recover. They've got a bye coming up which will be a relief and the returns of T. Burgess, S. Burgess, Johnston as well as the signing of J. Su'A should right the course. However it's far from a gimme with the Sea Eagles, Cowboys (A), Dragons and Sharks (A). Outside of the Dragons, I'd be worried about all those games including the one in Townsville since the Cowboys can be a real threat in Townsville. An interesting few weeks coming up, because anything less than a Top 4 finish for Souths would be disasterous.

I still think Souths will finish top 4, but I have strong doubts about their premiership chances. In fact, I'm still at a stage where I haven't seen a side capable of winning a premiership just yet.

Melbourne Storm way hi.

Melbourne Storm way hi.

I'm keen to see what they have in store post-Origin, but I find it difficult to see them getting any better. They've been ultra consistent, but there is a vulnerability to their play and I think they'll pale in comparison to the 'serious' teams should they meet.

I'm guessing 5 weeks minimum and about 8 weeks max.

Apparently Burgess is actually facing one of the longest suspensions in years.

He is facing up to 10 weeks on the sidelines. The MRC considered it too serious for a grading so that should add an extra few weeks onto it.

So 10 weeks...at the end of the season...after it is over?

It's not really comparable. Burgess' act was deliberate. The Sharks were forced to inject against their will, in fact, they were completely unaware, it was administered while they were asleep by fairies sent by Dank.

Without one of either SB or Arey on the field Souths are crap. They look like a bottom 8 team without SB's on field leadership IMO. I thought them re-signing him for the length they did on a mil+ was dumb at his age, but now it's making sense.

Dufty is shit
[automerge]1561710863[/automerge]
Drinkwater been a bit patchy, but a great try for him

Last edited:
LOL the Dragons fans applaud him for picking the ball up correctly. Maranta is probably thinking wow I got it great now with him there.
[automerge]1561711275[/automerge]
Dragons needed that try so bad just before halftime, Cowboys just all over them for the majority of the first half.

Last edited:
Watching Drinkwater slice over for that Cowboys try makes you wonder why the Broncos weren't able to compete for him.

If moose put on that shot Sims did on Morgan he would be off to the match review committee

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • Aldo
  • lynx000
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.