PRE-GAME Round 15 - Knights vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

0A03EA20 BB9C 499B BDA7 67E240299993

If the switch is on, this will be the most excited I've been for a Broncos game in recent times. Milf V Ponga (if he plays) would be a great sight.

Shit we may have a fullback who can function like one? What kind of parallel universe have I found myself in?
I'm not totally confident with him at fullback. Not sure he will be great under the high ball and if his fitness is where it needs to be. I hope it is though. He will definitely bring a bit more spark i'd imagine.

lol I wonder if old mate just read the forum.

If true don't forget Kyall. Kyall gets credit too.

This is very good because it's a sign that Seibs has had enough of Boyd. This would be like Munster moving to FB and Slater to 5/8 if Slater hypothetically turned to shit and refused to retire.

I'm happy to give Milf a crack at Fullback, because guess what, if it it works and S.O.S performs in the halves we can look at this in 4-6 weeks -

1. Milford
6. O'Sullivan
7. Dearden

With Boyd in the centres or gornnnnn.

I want to see Coates given a go, and we may as well blood him given our chances this year, so Boyd has to compete with Isaako or go.

Last edited:
I'm not totally confident with him at fullback. Not sure he will be great under the high ball and if his fitness is where it needs to be. I hope it is though. He will definitely bring a bit more spark i'd imagine.

And you maybe right, he hasn't played fullback for a while and he isn't running the ball nearly as much as he would a few years back either but at this stage I don't see a real downside in at least investigating it then pointlessly continuing with Boyd at fullback and not looking at other options.

Boyd has nowhere to hide in the front line. He'll be forced to make tackles and his tackling is not bad, that's not his issue.
I defence of boyd, he reads the play pretty well, his body is just up the shit which it cant be in fullback. When he was in centre last year, he did pretty well organising that side and shutting things down. Even got an intercept in the cronulla game leading to an oates try.

At least something is being attempted to spark things. Because even in the games we won recently (roosters, warriors) our attack wasnt flash.

And you maybe right, he hasn't played fullback for a while and he isn't running the ball nearly as much as he would a few years back either but at this stage I don't see a real downside in at least investigating it then pointlessly continuing with Boyd at fullback and not looking at other options.
Yeah definitely agree that a change needed to happen. I hope this is the first step in phasing boyd out of the spine completely.
[automerge]1561605704[/automerge]
I defence of boyd, he reads the play pretty well, his body is just up the shit which it cant be in fullback. When he was in centre last year, he did pretty well organising that side and shutting things down. Even got an intercept in the cronulla game leading to an oates try.

At least something is being attempted to spark things. Because even in the games we won recently (roosters, warriors) our attack wasnt flash.
I'm not okay with people blaming his body for this. He has come out multiple times saying how fit and good he is feeling. It's a mental and effort thing. He just hasn't been putting in the effort or putting his body on the line. It's as simple as that.

Last edited:
We have a player actively a avoiding contact. I know a good idea, let’s move him into the frontline.
We also have a 6 who until the start of this season was our best player, let’s move him out of position to a place he had some good games at 5 fucking years ago.

**** me dead

We have a player actively a avoiding contact. I know a good idea, let’s move him into the frontline.
We also have a 6 who until the start of this season was our best player, let’s move him out of position to a place he had some good games at 5 fucking years ago.

**** me dead
Yeah i do sort of agree with this sentiment. It's very much moving Milford to give Boyd his 1 millionth chance... Imagine if our recruitment wasn't asleep and we got Drinkwater... How did the Storm manage to sign 3 fullbacks and we can't sign one...

Will be interesting to see what happens with this.
When dearden comes back, depending on how well this works could spell the end for Darius, at lest in the FB position.
7. SOS
6. Dearden
1. Milf

Darius to the centres or q cup. Much of a muchness in the centres between he and shiba for mine.

Have you guys noticed how Milford has been doing a lot more press this year as well? I think perhaps he is being groomed for captaincy... Was captain of Samoa also.

**** me dead
Hang on, you’re being critical of what the coach is doing?
That’s new for you...

Last edited:
Hang on, you’re being critical of what the coach is doing?
That’s new for you...

Moving the deck chairs on the titanic. Is it really that impressive?

Active Now

• Morkel
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mister Wright
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Socnorb
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Midean
  • Bucking Beads
  • sooticus
  • Old Mate
  • Tmac
  • Fatboy
  • simplythebest
  • Lozza
  • achievedrap
  • Cavalo
  • Organix
  • lynx000
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.