PRE-GAME Round 15 - Knights vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

I agree milford may struggle with the aerobic fitness required and catching challenging bombs from the back.

In relation to ground made from the back, what do we get now? Darius catches the ball (all credit to him, he does have good hands) and then takes a seat. He also would take a dummy half run on the 4th. What may save milford is having oates and kennar to use. I think the game kennar played this year he made about 180m. So milf may try and link with them.

I dont know how it will turn out but it is something different. Fingers crossed.

In the club's history.*

Ah well, can't change it now.

I really hate rewatching these videos when you look at our current roster. Hunt lethal at FB, both Hodgo and Tate tearing defense lines apart, and even good old Carroll getting tries!!

Even our best team of ‘15 would have trouble matching the caliber back then. 😭😭

So many players backing up their team mates. I haven't seen that from a Broncos team in quite a while.

Even Boyd backed up for a try lol. Why don’t they just study this video and get some ideas...

Moving the deck chairs on the titanic. Is it really that impressive?
No. So juniors son gets the ball on the 5th tackle , boots the ball in the air towards Milf who has guerra out leap him to score like Tommy turbo did to ponga on Sunday night. So Klemmer runs straight over the top of Boyd leaving a knee print on his forehead twice every set. This is plain dumb and officially ends our season if it happens. To rub salt in the wounds Drinkwater gets a MOM award for the cowboys. Please prove me wrong 😔

In the club's history.*

Ah well, can't change it now.

I was at this game - amazing!

On a different note; I have tried and tried to find video of an inside, no look flick pass Lockyer threw to KHunt one Saturday night I think against the Sharks (again I think, definitely a night game though). Close to their try line and on the left edge. Hunt was on Lockyer’s right shoulder and they were both running an angle toward the touchline, about 20m in field.

Does anyone know the pass? Does anyone have footage?

Last edited:
some of the reactions to the possibility of Milf moving to fullback demonstrate my point about the Broncos fan base right now ...

this is a move that a good majority of people have been calling for over the last 4 years! ... seibs does it (possibly) and they are now bagging him for making it.

I was at this game - amazing!

On a different note; I have tried and tried to find video of an inside, no look flick pass Lockyer threw to KHunt one Saturday night I think against the Sharks (again I think, definitely a night game though). Close to their try line and on the left edge. Hunt was on Lockyer’s right shoulder and they were both running an angle toward the touchline, about 20m in field.

Does anyone know the pass? Does anyone have footage?

Let's narrow it down.

Karmichael Hunt and Darren Lockyer so it could be between 2004-2009. It happened at night, most likely a Saturday so let's look at all the possible choices.

Round 15 vs. Parramatta 2004
Round 21 vs. Warriors 2004
Round 2 vs. Warriors 2005
Round 8 vs. Manly 2005 (Friday)
Round 10 vs. North Queensland 2005
Round 15 vs. Wests Tigers 2005
Round 8 vs. Canberra 2006
Round 10 vs. Manly 2006
Round 1 vs. North Queensland 2007 (Friday)
Round 4 vs. Sydney 2007 (Friday)
Round 5 vs. Gold Coast 2007 (Friday)
Round 15 vs. Wests Tigers 2007 (Monday)
Round 18 vs. Cowboys 2007 (Friday)
Round 26 vs. Newcastle 2008 (Friday)
Round 5 vs. Sydney 2009 (Friday)
Round 6 vs. Penrith 2009 (Friday)
Round 7 vs. Parramatta 2009 (Friday)
Round 11 vs. Wests 2009 (Friday)
Semi Final vs. Dragons 2009

I've got every game except the 2004 games, I'll have a quick look through but nothing especially sticks out.

EDIT: Did Karmichael actually score from the play? Or was the pass just thrown?

Last edited:
I've had a quick look through all the tries and the closest I can think of is the 2009 Semi against the Dragons.

Let's narrow it down.

Karmichael Hunt and Darren Lockyer so it could be between 2004-2009. It happened at night, most likely a Saturday so let's look at all the possible choices.

Round 15 vs. Parramatta 2004
Round 21 vs. Warriors 2004
Round 2 vs. Warriors 2005

Round 8 vs. Manly 2005 (Friday)
Round 10 vs. North Queensland 2005
Round 15 vs. Wests Tigers 2005
Round 8 vs. Canberra 2006
Round 10 vs. Manly 2006
Round 1 vs. North Queensland 2007 (Friday)
Round 4 vs. Sydney 2007 (Friday)
Round 5 vs. Gold Coast 2007 (Friday)
Round 15 vs. Wests Tigers 2007 (Monday)
Round 18 vs. Cowboys 2007 (Friday)
Round 26 vs. Newcastle 2008 (Friday)

Round 5 vs. Sydney 2009 (Friday)
Round 6 vs. Penrith 2009 (Friday)
Round 7 vs. Parramatta 2009 (Friday)
Round 11 vs. Wests 2009 (Friday)
Semi Final vs. Dragons 2009

I've got every game except the 2004 games, I'll have a quick look through but nothing especially sticks out.
I’m very confident it was an away game, in NSW, and definitely wasn’t a finals match. I also seem to remember it was cool conditions, so maybe somewhere in the middle of the season.

I am also somewhat confident it wasn’t Hunt’s debut season, but could very well have been early on in his career.

I’ve struck out the ones above that I’m pretty confident that it wasn’t.

Thanks so much for looking into it. I just remember it being a cracker of a pass and not one that Lockyer really ever threw, it was quite flashy.

I would love to see Milf at fullback.

No....**** that! I'd put my left nut on the line by saying it's a backward step. I still believe that Milf should be ....and will be .....playing no.7 by the time his career is over.

I’m very confident it was an away game, in NSW, and definitely wasn’t a finals match. I also seem to remember it was cool conditions, so maybe somewhere in the middle of the season.

I am also somewhat confident it wasn’t Hunt’s debut season, but could very well have been early on in his career.

Thanks so much for looking into it. I just remember it being a cracker of a pass and not one that Lockyer really ever threw, it was quite flashy.

It definitely wasn't 2009.

I don't recall such a play in 2006 or 2007 either.

Didn’t he throw a no look inside pass to hunt in the knights game that was just posted?

It definitely wasn't 2009.

I don't recall such a play in 2006 or 2007 either.

Pretty sure it was Round 15 2004 against Parramatta at Parramatta Stadium

I recall Minto being in the same game. Lockyer flicked a pass to Hunt who beat McKinnon to score.

I'm 70% sure.

Milford at fullback would be interesting, I'm still on the fence for reasons people have already mentioned - his seemingly reduced elusiveness (he's done some nice stepping this year mind), his far-improved long kicking and what effect that will have to our end of sets etc etc

I'm happy to see it happen and give it a fair shot. Anything to not see '1. Darius Boyd' every fucking week

Unread

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Morkel
  • Fitzy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.