PRE-GAME Round 15 - Knights vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Pasami Saulo has been demoted with Mason Lino taking his place on the bench.

Knights have cut their squad down to 19 and David Klemmer remains in the reserves so it looks like he is definitely playing.

Seibs looked stressed in his presser today. Irritated and frustrated.

I guess that kind of energy will flow down into the team.

seems the rules surrounding the registrations of players has, once again , changed in term son clubs who are above the cap prior to EOFY. Maybe I need to relook at Broncos passing on Drinkwater if this is indeed the case...

It’d be interesting to see a picture of him in his first week at the broncos compared to now to see how much he’s aged.

He looks like a man who realizes that he is totally out of his depth. Coaching a glamour club isn't always glamorous especially when you are sitting near the cellar.

Last edited:

Yeah, I got that impression too. He looked like he wanted to give a serve to Bennett for the club not being cap compliant but had to bite his tongue. I'd love to be a fly on the wall up at Red Hill at the moment. Got a feeling something big (and not in a good way) is bubbling away in the background. Just got bad feeling about all of this. I hope I'm wrong.

from nrl.com.au

"Craig Bellamy plans to use Melbourne's pocket rocket Ryan Papenhuyzen in a specially-devised 'second fullback' role first created around Billy Slater and Cameron Munster as the Storm charge toward yet another minor premiership..."

....and here we are and can't find 1...!!!!!

from nrl.com.au

"Craig Bellamy plans to use Melbourne's pocket rocket Ryan Papenhuyzen in a specially-devised 'second fullback' role first created around Billy Slater and Cameron Munster as the Storm charge toward yet another minor premiership..."

....and here we are and can't find 1...!!!!!

We do have 1. He’s just slow and bit of a sook at times.

Thing with our recruitment is that we seem to only identify the big, fast, superstar schoolboys as our targets but we don't seem to be able to find that rough diamond that the Storm seem to be able to get.

Yeah, I got that impression too. He looked like he wanted to give a serve to Bennett for the club not being cap compliant but had to bite his tongue. I'd love to be a fly on the wall up at Red Hill at the moment. Got a feeling something big (and not in a good way) is bubbling away in the background. Just got bad feeling about all of this. I hope I'm wrong.

Yep you aren't the only one.

Thing with our recruitment is that we seem to only identify the big, fast, superstar schoolboys as our targets but we don't seem to be able to find that rough diamond that the Storm seem to be able to get.
It’s just poor scouting, anyone can be good in high school when you are bigger and faster then everyone, You get to first grade and everyone is big and fast. it’s the guys that can read the game at a high level and are highly competitive that thrive and turn into something.

Well, it's game day.
I'll be there, but unfortunately, I'm not as excited/confident as what I usually am when we play Newcastle.
This would be the first time in 5+ years that Newcastle are favourites against us.
I expect Oates to play a blinder with Darbs in the halves.
Hopefully this team proves me wrong.

Well, it's game day.
I'll be there, but unfortunately, I'm not as excited/confident as what I usually am when we play Newcastle.
This would be the first time in 5+ years that Newcastle are favourites against us.
I expect Oates to play a blinder with Darbs in the halves.
Hopefully this team proves me wrong.

It is hard to get excited about game day this year. Glad the Lions ate finally doing well.

The thing about that 2007 Knights game is that Brisbane were playing some of their worst football in franchise history around that time. There was a lot going on behind the scenes with the club making some frankly bizarre decisions with their personnel.

In between that was this game where the Broncos were scoring tries at will. Sure, the Knights were decimated by injury but Brisbane hadn't played any football like this through out the entire season. Where did it come from? And then a week later where did it go?

Still, it was a great show of strength by the Broncos. Before that game, they were last on the ladder and the prior home game was the worst Broncos 'victory' I've seen in club history. There were QCup games that would have left the Round 8 Broncos vs. Souths clash for dead. I thought the perfect moment that summed it up was the Rabbitohs just about scoring a length of the field try in the dying stages but poor Johnny Sutton dislocated his shoulder while trying to ground it. I still don't know what K was thinking...dead-set had PTSD after Boyd's effort against Penrith in Round 3.

The thing about that 2007 Knights game is that Brisbane were playing some of their worst football in franchise history around that time. There was a lot going on behind the scenes with the club making some frankly bizarre decisions with their personnel.

In between that was this game where the Broncos were scoring tries at will. Sure, the Knights were decimated by injury but Brisbane hadn't played any football like this through out the entire season. Where did it come from? And then a week later where did it go?

Still, it was a great show of strength by the Broncos. Before that game, they were last on the ladder and the prior home game was the worst Broncos 'victory' I've seen in club history. There were QCup games that would have left the Round 8 Broncos vs. Souths clash for dead. I thought the perfect moment that summed it up was the Rabbitohs just about scoring a length of the field try in the dying stages but poor Johnny Sutton dislocated his shoulder while trying to ground it. I still don't know what K was thinking...dead-set had PTSD after Boyd's effort against Penrith in Round 3.
2007 was a classic post-premiership slump. We finally came good about mid season, then started dropping like flies with injury....headlined by Lockyer.

2007 was a classic post-premiership slump. We finally came good about mid season, then started dropping like flies with injury....headlined by Lockyer.

The Broncs had so many injuries that year - Lockyer, Hunt, Hodges, Tate, Berrigan, any other massive ones? The impressive thing was the way everyone else lifted after most of those players were gone for the season. We didn't win many games, but you couldn't blame them for not trying. Even Steve Michaels looked quality back then. If only that attitude could come back.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Organix
  • Xzei
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Jazza
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Footy Fanatic
  • GCBRONCO
  • Galah
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncosAlways
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Broncorob
  • Johnny92
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Old Mate
  • porouian
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.