Round 15 - Warriors vs Broncos - LIVE Discussion

warriors played really well tbh they deserved the win. thats the most fired up i seen there fowards play they were constantly poking holes throuhg our defense. i dont know why they love playing us so much but gee that look 10x a better team when they play us compared to other teams

IMO: We should have scored more than 1 try in the 1st half.

I think we were the better side for large chunks of tonight. Missing key players and being 1 man down for 68 minutes didn't help - at full strength we would have belted them tonight IMO.

Certainly no cause for alarm, we always seem to struggle to contain the Warriors, but Griff does need a better bench hooker option, Stagg just doesn't cut it. Actually, our entire bench was clearly a step below the starters tonight, it was pretty obvious to notice when the interchanges happened.

Bit upset, I felt we were in control for a lot of the game, but hey - it was one of 'those' games. We'll shake ourselves off and bounce back next game.

On the positive side, was great to see a bit of Barba magic!! That brought me to my feet with a shout out of my mouth lol...

Now does everyone remember why we bought Kennedy?

Because Moose and Hannant simply cannot stand up to the bigger packs in the comp.

Our club lacks quality big men. Can't win with midgets playing in the front row.

It's only four weeks until we play them again.

I said a hooker not half/fullback... someone used to playing in dummy half and can give us good service while Granville is off

Yeah I know what you said. Just keep Granville on. He was fine and didn't look tired at all.

I don't see Moose as a prop, I see him as a second rower or a lock...he's not big enough to compete with the bigger props.

We need more quality big men. Target should be JWH when he comes off contract.

I think we were the better side for large chunks of tonight. Missing key players and being 1 man down for 68 minutes didn't help - at full strength we would have belted them tonight IMO.

Certainly no cause for alarm, we always seem to struggle to contain the Warriors, but Griff does need a better bench hooker option, Stagg just doesn't cut it. Actually, our entire bench was clearly a step below the starters tonight, it was pretty obvious to notice when the interchanges happened.

Bit upset, I felt we were in control for a lot of the game, but hey - it was one of 'those' games. We'll shake ourselves off and bounce back next game.

On the positive side, was great to see a bit of Barba magic!! That brought me to my feet with a shout out of my mouth lol...

I love your post, the loss isn't the end of the world and isn't a warning to us or anything like that. It's a dust off and get ready again.

On the topic of the bench, we can't have Lowrie and Stagg in the team it just doesn't work it's one or the other and I'll take Lowrie thankyou.

Disappointed with the loss but seeing Barba score that really gets my crackers covered.
He'll definetly take a shitload of confidence from that, hopefully upwards from here.

Ps I agree about Barba...I think he's going to be dynamic next year when he doesn't have to do all the ball playing on one side of the field....

Lowrie, Stagg, Oates and Hala as our bench screams "Run through the middle!" to me..Tire out our starting props early and we're screwed.

Ps I agree about Barba...I think he's going to be dynamic next year when he doesn't have to do all the ball playing on one side of the field....

And we have a new coach who doesn't stifle his natural style of play.

We got dominated through the middle and our kicking was mostly terrible.

Stagg, Lowrie, Hala...they should be nothing more than depth. Having all 3 of them playing hurt us. Stagg at hooker was pukeworthy.

Barba and Milford in one team will be pretty cool!

With Hodges and Macca out I was honestly expecting us to get belted and have at least 30 put on us. To get so close on the scoreboard but to also play well enough to have won on another day is definitely better than I was expecting.

Disappointing to slip back into the teams that are fighting for a top 8 spot but some of the signs there were pretty positive, most notably Ben Barba. The trick here is to build on. With Griffin persisting with Hoffman and stifling the entire team's attack, that's going to be hard. Here's hoping White has a suitcase of money to offer for Milford's early release.

It was always going to be a tough game to win but I'm disappointed with losing. We looked good until Granville went off. Stagg killed momentum at hooker. That dropped ball from Glenn also killed us. Our goal defence was good but letting in long range tries is unforgivable. Hunt didn't have his best game but our forwards were well beaten. His kicking game was pretty poor.

The bounce of the ball wasn't with us tonight and all the 50-50 decisions and situations occurred. It would have been a vastly different game if Reed had scored in the first half instead of the slight deflection from the warriors, if Copley had scored from the line break and kick and if the ref correctly disallowed the Warriors 2nd try for an incorrect play the ball. The warriors pack was brutal and our forwards were completely dominated.

Hunt was OK, had some good touches and some poor touches. It certainly wasn't the worst he has played, but was a tad disappointing given his experience in the origin camp. I think we really missed Macca - while Granville was fantastic, we missed Macca's defence/workload and direction controlling the attack and defence. I hope all these stupid injuries don't de-rail our season now.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Foordy
  • Jazza
  • LittleDavey
  • Fozz
  • Brocko
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Strop
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • pennywisealfie
  • Fitzy
  • Dazza 92
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Xzei
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Browny
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.