Round 15 - Warriors vs Broncos - Post-Match Discussion

This is one of the consequences of Kennedy's poor form
well he is injured now. young Wallace does a fair job and is much more likely to make decent meters for us compared to Stagg.

Dont think any of us seriously tipped the Broncs, that said shame we couldn't take it up a notch.

5/8 - seriously what else is there to add that hasn't already been said,

Hunt cant do it all and tonight it showed,

Granville has hardly had a touch in first grade, he gets a pass.

Our forwards were dominated all night, Lillyman had McGuires number

Refs hardly helped, home team got every 50/50

A good effort from Barba tonight, showed some of the reason we bought him. Solid at the back too...

I didn't get to see the game (yet) due to work, but from what I've read here, it seems that Hook has stuffed up in his selection policies again.
Why would you take on the Warriors without at least 3 props in your rotation ?

Stagg at hooker = WTF !!!!

Wallace should have been there instead of Lowrie shouldn't he ?

stagg and lowrie = slowest and weakest forwards in rugby league and not just first grade. wouldn't get a run anywhere

I think after watching the NYC earlier today I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Nikorima, Paia'Aua or Taylor could come up to first grade and play Five-Eighth and we'd improve 10 fold in attack, defensively is the only issue, and it's a minor one in the overall scheme if things if you ask me.

Having trouble sleeping so I thought I'd give my 2 cents.

I tend to agree with most, just didn't have the cattle and the Warriors made us pay through the middle.

Not too cut up about it. To go in minus Hodges, Parker, McCullough and lose Gillett early while carrying an injured Thaiday hurt.

Thought Granville had some nice moments. Shame on the Henry miss but it was a good ball and would have left most for dead. Don't know if he could have played 80 and don't think he would have made a difference if he remained on the field after the Henry try but would have liked him back on the field sooner.

Not too bent out of shape about Stagg playing hooker given the options but hopefully Hook might consider giving Berrell or Lee a run instead. Neither Glenn or Stagg are the answer IMO.

Couple of positives, a few negatives. We'll get them next time.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

A good effort from Barba tonight, showed some of the reason we bought him. Solid at the back too...

He is getting better but I disagree with him being solid at the back. He still has many defensive flaws and struggles in defence non stop.

Everyone is piling on Hoggman, and while I wholeheartedly agree we'd be better off with a real ball player in the position, he wasn't even too bad tonight, and certainly not the reason we lost.

Our ruck defense went down the gurgler without Macca, Parker, Gillett and Thaiday, even more so when we also didn't have one of Hannant or McGuire in there. I thought we ended up doing relatively well given the circumstances, against a team like the Warriors and their brutal pack, especially given they were switched on tonight.

Hunt was really hot and cold, some crappy kicks and some beautiful ones. Some good decisions, some awful ones, etc...

We really noticed how important Macca is to direct this team and shore up the defense in the ruck. Granville looked good with his quick passing and darts from dummy half, scoring a nice try that way, but he should really only be a backup hooker, and possibly a weapon for us to bring on while giving Macca a breather.

I thought Hannant was by far the best forward in the team, with McGuire a close second. Oates is going to be something out of this world when he gains some experience and routine. Sammy did quite well for backing up from SOO, but he was totally rooted in the second half.

Vidot, Copley, Reed and Maranta did their job, especially Dale with good strong runs and speed. Barba was good again and to me it just looks like he's building to something... I hope we'll see him at his damaging best towards the business end of the season.

On the other hand, I was pretty disappointed in Glenn, not only for his costly mistakes, but because he didn't show the leadership I expected and we needed from him. Lowrie wasn't as good as he has been of late, while Hala seriously doesn't seem to have the motor for the NRL and Stagg really should retire from a fantastic career...

Unfortunately, we weren't able to target their weaknesses because we rarely maintained sustained possession of the ball, but I hope we will see a very different game a month from now at Suncorp, hopefully with all the troops back healthy.

I'm thinking Hunt went into the game with a big head, thinking that he would explode after being in Origin camp. He'll steady his head before next week.

He is getting better but I disagree with him being solid at the back. He still has many defensive flaws and struggles in defence non stop.

Defense has been one of his trademarks for the last few years, especially this season... Has saved certain tries numerous times...

Was it just me, or did everyone notice that after the refs called held, the Warriors were allowed to continue to work us over for a few extra seconds/bring us to the ground. Thus preventing us getting quick play the balls, that would allow us to carve up their monster pack.

I'm thinking Hunt went into the game with a big head, thinking that he would explode after being in Origin camp. He'll steady his head before next week.

I guess that might've had something to do with it, but I think it was primarily not having McCullough there, Granville provided some decent service, but McCullough and Hunt have been building the combination since the 9's, suddenly you take him out of hooker and Hunt goes back to his inconsistent ways, I think we can attribute a lot of Hunt's good form to McCullough.

Was it just me, or did everyone notice that after the refs called held, the Warriors were allowed to continue to work us over for a few extra seconds/bring us to the ground. Thus preventing us getting quick play the balls, that would allow us to carve up their monster pack.

It wasn't just you. Warriors had a very quick play the ball all night while we were never allowed to get a quick play the ball because the Warriors were all over us.

I think he's been pretty good in defence. Our defensive flaws happen way before the opposition gets to the fullback usually.

Pretty much what expected. Basically just out muscled due to diminished forward pack. They had a 7&6 we have a 7. The only thing that was a bit discouraging was that Oates really had the chance to shine and for mine we looked a bit intimidated out there. Yes, it is against a monster pack but if you are going to make it as a impact player you got to leave fear at the door.

I was worried going into the game it could be a F&A killer but then we looked like a real chance at winning until that final try (Thaiday nowhere near enough coming across)

We really need to get Kennedy firing.

Last night showed that while our pack is quite impressive talent wise, we still really lack the big bopper to crash through the line.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.