Round 16 Discussion

Parramatta should drop the eels moniker and change it to pretenders. Has a better ring to it with alliteration

Jaydn S'ua looks so good these days. He has become a powerhouse player. I have to admit that I never ever rated him and thought his career would quietly fade away. The best day of his life occurred when Seibs released him. Talk about a pivotal moment in one's career.
He barely had time or opportunity to come into his own at the Broncos. It probably did do him a world of good moving to Souths where he got game time, but he was only here for a short time and Broncos haven't really used second rowers since Gillett left and I dare say truly since Ben Hunt left.

Statement game from South Sydney, they're tearing the Eels apart on the edges and their spine is doing a terrific job of leading them across the park. It appears the combinations have come together at just the right time.

The Eels have been exposed and their playmakers appear to be rattled. They've over-played their hand on numerous occassions or have just gotten the play wrong. As a result, they haven't been in the game and Souths have been able to run away with it.

Certainly was a statement game, one they clearly planned for and executed perfectly. Bennett is certainly getting the best out of his players.

I missed the start of the game, but I assume the Eels didn't receive 3 or 4 6-again calls in the first 10 minutes this time.

I think they got 1 and Souths were all over them in defence. The start of the game was the same as later. Really impressed with Walker, and his combination with the FB and his halves partner

I think they got 1 and Souths were all over them in defence. The start of the game was the same as later. Really impressed with Walker, and his combination with the FB and his halves partner
Ok, and did you notice where? Against the Broncos it was 3 from inside the 30, I think. This makes a huge difference. Anyway, credit to Souths for a strong win, but without the benefits the Eels have enjoyed recently, they seem to be struggling to win (let alone score)

Ok, and did you notice where? Against the Broncos it was 3 from inside the 30, I think. This makes a huge difference. Anyway, credit to Souths for a strong win, but without the benefits the Eels have enjoyed recently, they seem to be struggling to win (let alone score)

Can't remember exactly, but I think it was. It looked almost as if the Eels were shocked at the lack of benefits. But then, Souths played real smart so the friend with benefits would of have a hard time bestowing them. Eels' arrogance was exposed

Last edited:
Can't remember exactly, but I think it was. It looked almost as if the Eels were shocked at the lack of benefits. But then, Souths played real smart so the friend with benefits would of have a hard time bestowing them. Eels' arrogance was exposed
I just saw it. 50m out, nearly scored but threw a forward on the last and didn't get the benefit of a second 6-again after the first advantage. I agree, Souths played smart. They covered the key players well and didn't allow the Eels too much through the middle. That being said, the Eels had issues moving the ball wide, there was always a breakdown in their passing. You're totally right about Walker, but both halves did well defensively too. I wrote something somewhere before that the Eels were allowed to come into form, but it looks as though they have lost their confidence a little. Arrogance is all that is left, and as you said, they were disabused of their quality tonight. I may have been wrong about their status as NRL chosen, but we will see. The Panthers have also reaped the aforementioned benefits for quite some time, but they seem to be a more cohesive unit. I honestly still think the Broncos have had the very rough end of an ugly pineapple this season in terms of ruck infringements and penalties.

Are you saying Wayne is finally teaching a team how to attack?

I just saw it. 50m out, nearly scored but threw a forward on the last and didn't get the benefit of a second 6-again after the first advantage. I agree, Souths played smart. They covered the key players well and didn't allow the Eels too much through the middle. That being said, the Eels had issues moving the ball wide, there was always a breakdown in their passing. You're totally right about Walker, but both halves did well defensively too. I wrote something somewhere before that the Eels were allowed to come into form, but it looks as though they have lost their confidence a little. Arrogance is all that is left, and as you said, they were disabused of their quality tonight. I may have been wrong about their status as NRL chosen, but we will see. The Panthers have also reaped the aforementioned benefits for quite some time, but they seem to be a more cohesive unit. I honestly still think the Broncos have had the very rough end of an ugly pineapple this season in terms of ruck infringements and penalties.
Penrith have been one of the worst hit teams for penalties/6 agains if I'm not mistake.

RCG's spear tackle wasn't put on report. It would have been if it was us. The Eels to me looked genuinely surprised at how they couldn't deal with full on pressure. It will be interesting to see how they respond. The challenge for Souths will be Mitchell's absence. He was outstanding while on. Still, with Johnston to come back, that will ease some of the pain. I also thought Cook's game was different tonight. He played a different role, with Walker and Reynolds constantly getting the ball out wide. It was such a good use of a backline. Timing was almost perfect. Souths are a real threat on that form

Penrith have been one of the worst hit teams for penalties/6 agains if I'm not mistake.
Then they are a quality side, but they have had a lot of home games and also after Ivan's comments were quite nicely treated in the following match.

Ok, based on a random table from afltables.com it seems Penrith are at about 50% (85 for, 81 against). Parra (92 for, 55 against). Brisbane (54 for, 99 against).

Last edited:
Then they are a quality side, but they have had a lot of home games and also after Ivan's comments were quite nicely treated in the following match.

We play them next week I think. Want my prediction?

Thank you ... well, there's a first time for everything. Broncos by .... ah, **** it... just win ffs
Hahaha still valued for a chuckle. Gonna be hard pressed against the chooks, but by the Penrith game we'll maybe know about the new coach.

Hahaha still valued for a chuckle. Gonna be hard pressed against the chooks, but by the Penrith game we'll maybe know about the new coach.

Thanks again. It helps easy my pain. I am so looking forward to the Roosters game to gauge the effect of Seibold's departure as much as Gentle's coaching. For me, it will say a lot. And against Penrith, the same. My ♡ says we can be genuinely competitive. My head says too much lost ground to make up in too short a time against a well drilled side with genuine strike power out wide.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Justwin
  • Brotherdu
  • Mister Wright
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • GCBRONCO
  • phoenix
  • Fatboy
  • Jazza
  • broncos4life
  • I bleed Maroon
  • barker
  • Broncos Maestro
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Maddy
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncsgoat
  • FACTHUNT
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.