10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Well didn't take long for Gordy to take another potshot at Bennett. Using the injury of Milford and Hunt being dropped just to do so.

N

Number6

QCup Player
May 21, 2016
Bunji to five eight. Hunt to bench. Rest Oates and Gillet at this stage. Not opposed to resting all origin except Thaiday. Agree not like he does anything. Sends a nice message to him.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
Bunji to five eight. Hunt to bench. Rest Oates and Gillet at this stage. Not opposed to resting all origin except Thaiday. Agree not like he does anything. Sends a nice message to him.
I'm pretty sure Hunt will slot straight back into the #7 as it is the much safer option. Kodi is a liability defensively and not much better offensive wise. You need experience down the stretch drive especially when your star playmaker is out indefinitely rather than a kid who may or may not be the regular HB in the coming seasons.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
Put Hunt on the Benji and keep Niko at half and to 5/8. Otherwise keep Hunt in reserve grade until he actually proves himself.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Put Hunt on the Benji and keep Niko at half and to 5/8. Otherwise keep Hunt in reserve grade until he actually proves himself.

Hunt took us tp a GF , thats proven . Hunt to partner benji , knik to bench.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
That's history pagey. Perry also took Brisbane to a grand final...nobody was calling for him to be in the team 2 years later.

You don't make a tough call on a player, only to roll out the red carpet at the first opportunity. Hunt has to work his way back into the team and the only way he deserves a look in is off the bench.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013

choofed.gif

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
That's history pagey. Perry also took Brisbane to a grand final...nobody was calling for him to be in the team 2 years later.

You don't make a tough call on a player, only to roll out the red carpet at the first opportunity. Hunt has to work his way back into the team and the only way he deserves a look in is off the bench.

Tough call or not , with milf out I'd put hunt in as a 6 and let benji take control. Kodi can either sub on for macca or hunt.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Tough call or not , with milf out I'd put hunt in as a 6 and let benji take control. Kodi can either sub on for macca or hunt.

That's cool and you're entitled to your opinion. I just wouldn't use '2015' as an argument for Hunt since he hasn't 'proven' he's gotten over it yet.

I don't want to drag this into the millionth Hunt thread either and can see your POV.

I'm keen to hear how Ese'ese, Fai and Su'A go today for Souths Logan against PNG. It will be a great test for them, especially with no Scarlett and if they can have big games they could put themselves right in the mix. Fai especially is a player I'm keeping a close eye on...I've seen enough of the others and haven't been that impressed, Fai has great foot-work and could be a strong inclusion off the bench.

Last edited:
P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
That's cool and you're entitled to your opinion. I just wouldn't use '2015' as an argument for Hunt since he hasn't 'proven' he's gotten over it yet.

I don't want to drag this into the millionth Hunt thread either and can see your POV.

As i can see your POV. Yeah it is getting exhausted.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

I'm keen to hear how Ese'ese, Fai and Su'A go today for Souths Logan against PNG. It will be a great test for them, especially with no Scarlett and if they can have big games they could put themselves right in the mix. Fai especially is a player I'm keeping a close eye on...I've seen enough of the others and haven't been that impressed, Fai has great foot-work and could be a strong inclusion off the bench.

Ese ese has been a little quiet lately but early on I think he has shown signs of a lot of potential. Apparently he also possesses a handy ball playing game which we've yet to see in first grsde. Between him, Fai, Sua, and TPjr I think we are in a great spot for forward potential.

I'm not disagreeing with your comment, I've just personally enjoyed watching Ese ese play.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Ese ese has been a little quiet lately but early on I think he has shown signs of a lot of potential. Apparently he also possesses a handy ball playing game which we've yet to see in first grsde. Between him, Fai, Sua, and TPjr I think we are in a great spot for forward potential.

I'm not disagreeing with your comment, I've just personally enjoyed watching Ese ese play.

Ese'ese is one of the most skillful players in the team and I'm hoping he can sort himself out in the Q Cup. In the mean time, I'd be keen to see one of the more talented forwards given more time in first grade.

I'm also happy to admit a part of the reason is Origin related. Queensland need as much help as they can and Fai is one of the better prospects coming through the system.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
It'll be Hunt in ISC still. I'd think it will be Knik and Bunji but the SOO players will all be rested I'd say. WB won't listen even if they want to play. Canberra should be a certainty. Hate the Origin period, like a few others I'm very over the effect it has on my team in particular and the leg up it gives other busted arse teams

Bennett wanted to rest players for the Roosters, but they all wouldn't take no for an answer so Bennett decided to let them play which I thought was a bit unusual..

I'm not sure if he will do that again because our Origin players just looked very tired out there. I think this time Bennett won't take no for an answer. Especially since we have Storm the following week and I think he will want them to be fresh for that game.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Bennett wanted to rest players for the Roosters, but they all wouldn't take no for an answer so Bennett decided to let them play which I thought was a bit unusual..

I'm not sure if he will do that again because our Origin players just looked very tired out there. I think this time Bennett won't take no for an answer. Especially since we have Storm the following week and I think he will want them to be fresh for that game.
Yeah, that's why I wrote he wouldn't listen especially after the ordinary performance of the players backing up.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Sounds like Souths Logan put up a nice fight against PNG Hunters going down 12-8 with goal-kicking being the difference.

No signs of Georgey Fai but Ese'ese got through 67 minutes for the Magpies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Jedhead
  • Broncos Maestro
  • broncsgoat
  • Redfern_1980
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.