10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
yeh not confident about this at all...then again they may suffer 67 different injuries this week to level the playing field so...

Dee

Dee

QCup Player
Apr 30, 2010
Are you for real?
Surely you're trolling?
Are you delusional?
I got a feeling we are going to win this one.
The performance against the Dragons will have done wonders for the teams confidence and they will come out even more keen in this game.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
the last couple of years we have had one thrashing at the hands of the Rorters and 1 massive upset win over the Rorters
We actually beat them twice in 2018

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Nobody knows, or do they, exactly what influence Seibold had on the game last night. Speculation is not knowledge. For mine, one of the most interesting things about this game is our performance with Seibold back. That will be real evidence of his influence, and future consequences for him as our coach.

As far as this game goes, without Keary, the Roosters are beatable even with our injury toll, assuming our spine remains the same with hopefully Paix starting as hooker, and the energy and effort of last night continuing. The Rorters will of course relentlessly target our edges, but then so does every side. In any case, that is where this game will be won or lost. Aside from that awful 1st 10 minutes last night, I am optimistic about our middle defence. Bench rotation also will be critical.

More importantly, this game, like all the rest this season are opportunities for our team to gain experience and develop, especially combinations, and further gains for Dearden as our leader in the middle. In some way, our injury toll is exactly what we need for players like Kennedy, Riki and Bullemor to get the experience they otherwise wouldn't have. I also hope to see our edge attack less compressed so Fifita and Staggs get a whole more ball.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Nobody knows, or do they, exactly what influence Seibold had on the game last night. Speculation is not knowledge. For mine, one of the most interesting things about this game is our performance with Seibold back. That will be real evidence of his influence, and future consequences for him as our coach.

As far as this game goes, without Keary, the Roosters are beatable even with our injury toll, assuming our spine remains the same with hopefully Paix starting as hooker, and the energy and effort of last night continuing. The Rorters will of course relentlessly target our edges, but then so does every side. In any case, that is where this game will be won or lost. Aside from that awful 1st 10 minutes last night, I am optimistic about our middle defence. Bench rotation also will be critical.

More importantly, this game, like all the rest this season are opportunities for our team to gain experience and develop, especially combinations, and further gains for Dearden as our leader in the middle. In some way, our injury toll is exactly what we need for players like Kennedy, Riki and Bullemor to get the experience they otherwise wouldn't have. I also hope to see our edge attack less compressed so Fifita and Staggs get a whole more ball.
Bad timing for Pies coming back, assuming he does, for the Roosters. Going to get demoralised.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Hope Kennedy and Joffa start again. They both will be better for the run last night. The Haas suspension and Flegler injury may produce some positives in the longer term. This last game will reassure Kennedy he can be a starter. He's a very young prop but having Carrigan by his side will fill him with self belief. He's better than quite a few think. Props really don't reach their peaks until much older.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Bad timing for Pies coming back, assuming he does, for the Roosters. Going to get demoralised.

Then that is exactly what we need to see, or not. But see we will

Last edited:
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Then that is exactly what we need to see, or not. But see we will
I cannot imagine Seeplod changing the team too much. I think using an injury impaired Milford would be plain silly. I'm thinking we'd go with essentially the same team but I'd have to think DB mightn't play. He did look like he'd broken his nose but ****, no sane person could question his commitment to the team.

I hope Seeplod doesn't use either of the injured options, Milford and Croft at 5/8 and instead has Paix or Staggs do a job. I really don't care if they try things and fail, just don't be so predictable that the defence has no decisions to make. ****, I'd see if Fifita wants to give it a go, he has a wicked chip and chase and probably is a decent kicker. Sadly few coaches ever allow forwards to use the skills they all practiced as kids instead they just turn them into pummelled meat.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Pretty confident Sam Walker will play this one.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Pretty confident Sam Walker will play this one.

A showcase then for the next Maroons halfback(s) - Dearden and Walker. Makes this game even more interesting

Last edited:
rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Am I right - Luke charged and misses 1 week? That opens a can of worms. Who replaces him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.