10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jamesqld

NYC Player
Jun 6, 2013
Am I right - Luke charged and misses 1 week? That opens a can of worms. Who replaces him?
I think Croft could do a job off the bench for 20-30mins at hooker and is the likely choice given the other options haven't played/hardly played any footy..

I'm not sure how O'sullivan would go in the role but It would be an opportunity to give him some minutes which would be good to see.

Gamble was solid last time also.

Last edited:
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I think Croft could do a job off the bench for 20-30mins at hooker and is the likely choice given the other options haven't played/hardly played any footy..

I'm not sure how O'sullivan would go in the role but It would be an opportunity to give him some minutes which would be good to see.

I'd be happy with any of them in a minor role. I'm wondering if Milford on one leg gets picked and if not, what happens?

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Is SOS back?

O

ostin86

NRL Player
Jun 15, 2010

The thing that stood out to me about Gamble was how quickly he got tired. Not sure if he was just nervous maybe, but I was praying they wouldn't run at him because he would have been unable to effectively tackle any committed runner.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The thing that stood out to me about Gamble was how quickly he got tired. Not sure if he was just nervous maybe, but I was praying they wouldn't run at him because he would have been unable to effectively tackle any committed runner.

It's a big ask with the relentless speed of the "new" game. Maybe it should be Croft instead, given he has had good game time. Defensively though ... The consequences of Luke's suspension become more significant, as does our hooker recruitment. Looks like Paix may have a long night.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
I loved Ben Hunt during this era. Though he still did the most Ben Hunt thing ever and almost threw the game away with 15 seconds to go.

This game also features one of my favourite bronco moments - the Maranta field goal block.

Block?! He nearly tipped it over!

Just from those highlights alone he was doing his best to lose that game

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I loved Ben Hunt during this era. Though he still did the most Ben Hunt thing ever and almost threw the game away with 15 seconds to go.

This game also features one of my favourite bronco moments - the Maranta field goal block.

"block"

He almost helped it go over!

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Block?! He nearly tipped it over!

Just from those highlights alone he was doing his best to lose that game
"block"

He almost helped it go over!
It would have been the first "own field goal" in rugby league history.

Maranta really was a useless player, loved it when Hodges gave him a spray every game for being so shit.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
What a time to be alive. Was at this game right in front of bhunt scoring that try. Damn I loved that guy. What a shame he broke!

Can’t believe it’s 5 years later and we didn’t win a premiership and we are now in the conversation for the worst team in history. Sigh.

Also, crowds, loved them.

I was thinking this. If you had said fast forward five years and one of these teams were going for three straight after losing a star centre and the other would be gunning for a wooden spoon as one of The worst sides ever, who would have thought that horrible side would be the Broncos?

Last edited:
L

Locky888

QCup Player
Aug 28, 2015
Why TF did Maranta pass the ball in the dieing seconds of the game. Brain explosion.
He didn't block the field goal, the ball hit the crossbar. Yeah Maranta is as useless as Scott Minto. Only reason why Broncos kept Maranta was because of nepotism). His grandfather, Barry Maranta, was a Brisbane Broncos co-founder, his father, Brett Plowman, played six seasons for the team and his mother, Robyn, was an assistant to then-Broncos coach Wayne Bennett.

Last edited:
Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Why TF did Maranta pass the ball in the dieing seconds of the game. Brain explosion.
He didn't block the field goal, the ball hit the crossbar. Yeah Maranta is as useless as Scott Minto. Only reason why Broncos kept Maranta was because of nepotism). His grandfather, Barry Maranta, was a Brisbane Broncos co-founder, his father, Brett Plowman, played six seasons for the team and his mother, Robyn, was an assistant to then-Broncos coach Wayne Bennett.

giphy.gif

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

I’m almost tempted to perma ban you for this type of sacrilege. Hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Ondi
  • kiwibronco
  • Alec
  • Harry Sack
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • Dash
  • mitch222
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.