Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I think the no try was a fair call tbh. Fairly sure Coates touched it.

I cant change that even though im happy with the win, and im very happy with how we played, i cant help feeling its still a game we could have lost. Thats probably quite a positive in a lot of ways if we can pull games like that out of the bag when we need to. I'm not saying we didnt deserve the win either because we did. Sadly, this side has pissed me off royally this year and i currently dont have much trust in them to keep up this level of performance. If they did, i probably wouldn't have my glass half empty view.
I think that's the issue though, it has to be conclusive to overturn an on field decision.
No way anyone can say it was touched for certain. These bunker refs are stinking the joint up atm. They got one completely wrong in the Warriors game as well yesterday.

Yeah we had a bit of luck but I would have felt ripped if we had lost with the double movement from Morris and the overturn on Coates.

Last edited:
Great win by the boys. Only watched the second half and had no sound so couldn't hear what the commentators were saying but **** me, the Sharks are a grubby side. Just seemed like they were niggling all second half.
I've been wanting someone to knock Prior out for years hahaha.

I've been wanting someone to knock Prior out for years hahaha.

I kinda hate JT, but I still want Prior flogged for that dog elbow shot from years ago when he was at the Dragons

1. Boyd - You could definitely tell he was actually trying to lift and had some good moments among his bad. He will need to do a lot more than that to prove he deserves to play on beyond this year though. Remains a huge defensive liability. 5
2. Farnworth - Should absolutely not be forgotten in light of Coates. His stats don't lie, he had a solid ass debut short of scoring points. Making 100+ metres with no errors in your debut game is nothing to stick your nose up at. Absolutely deserves another crack next week. 7
3. Staggs - Alongside Coates he really struggled in defence on that edge which the Sharks attacked all night. Letting a player as long in the tooth as Morris score a hat trick on you, it's not a great look. Happy to put that down to lack of composure while trying to build trust with the debutant, but he needs to clean it up. 5
4. Shibasaki - He remains the weakest link in this young squad. He is just not up to it at this level, not yet anyway. He seems to struggle physically to keep pace with the defence and the team really suffers for it. He is looking like a clone of Aaron Whitchurch. 3
5. Coates - Ultimately a very hot and cold debut but I was happy with the job he did. That try was the most exciting moment from the Broncos in what feels like an age, and again while he absolutely struggled with the defence on the right, I'm confident he can clean it up with experience and composure. 7
6. Turpin - What a runaway success this guy is turning out to be. Playing in a foreign position and still putting in a kicking performance that a Reynolds or a DCE would be proud of. Provides so much more than McC and Boyd, it's frightening. 8
7. SoS - Until he went off injured, he was close to our best on ground. Looked dangerous with every run with the footy and had the Sharks panicking. Dearden will still come back in but it's gonna be hard to keep SoS out of the side. 9
8. Lodge - He seems to be providing a lot more mongrel in the middle at the moment which is useful to have, but he always seems to find himself in situations that could end up costing us. I get he was hot about getting a knee to the head, but that trip was a brain explosion we didn't need. Now he's likely to be suspended from an already heavily depleted side. 6
9. McC - Admittedly his best performance in a while, but if this is the best he can provide after being put under such a spotlight, then this really is his ceiling. Happy with his effort today but I've seen nothing that tells me he deserves to stay. 5
10. Haas - Back to his freakish best. When he really gets going, he has to be one of the hardest players to bring to a stop in the comp. Bent the Sharks pack over and spanked them and even netted himself a try. I guess he took his snubbing personally. 9
11. Glenn - Has to be in career best form at the moment, which is really unfortunate for him that it came when the team as a whole is struggling. He's clearly taking his role as a forward leader seriously and worked hard all night. By all rights should probably be captain right now. 8
12. TPJ - His best game since the Cowboys. His offloads were lethal and his running was almost back to his barnstorming best. Now the question remains whether he can find any consistency, but his position is clearly 2nd rower. 8
13. Flegler - In a dominant pack, I thought he was the weakest, just because he comes across as a bit of a penalty magnet at crucial times which cost us a try at one point. Happy to stick with him though cause his ceiling is clearly high. 6

14. Segeyaro - the right man at the right time when we lost SoS. Came on and apart from 1 or 2 costly errors did a great job to keep the Sharks on the back foot. His dummy half running is so much better than McC, it's night and day. Needs to be in the 14 for the rest of the year. 7
15. Kennedy - A steady if not unassuming debut, but he didn't do anything terrible. He's definitely a big unit so I hope he finds something to lift his game to keep his spot. Seibold seems to have wraps on him so, we'll see. 5
16. Carrigan - That's the best I've seen from him personally. His hitups had plenty of intent and starch to them and he was clean with errors and penalties. Kept the cogs turning from the bench. 7
17. Palasia - I barely noticed him out there to be honest, so I assume he had limited minutes or was ball shy. Another one that is wait and see I think. He seems to be leaning more towards the serviceable Mago type forward at the moment. 5

Last edited:
Turpin is the problem on the right side. Not used to playing there and is over committing himself leaving the outside men stranded
Yes i agree with your assessment of turpin's defensive decision but last week SOS was on that side and our defence was poor too.
[automerge]1562501557[/automerge]
Shout out to mah main man, Alex Glenn for this:

He would not look out of place with a 4 on his back.

Last edited:
Yes i agree with your assessment of turpin's defensive decision but last week SOS was on that side and our defence was poor too.
[automerge]1562501557[/automerge]

He would not look out of place with a 4 on his back.
Yes but the right side defence was solid with Deardon at half. Maybe he is a better communicator or knows when to hold off slightly in defence. Reads the game better than the other two.

Only problem with Glenn at centre is that he can't catch and pass to save his life, and if he comes up against a centre with a bit more footwork & speed than the glass Duge, he'll get burned.

Backrowers should never play centre. Ever. Not unless they are forced to by an injury during the game.

There is a reason why clubs opt to replace centres with another centre. We have cover for Shibasaki. We don't need to move any of our forwards into centre.

Good wins usually bring good news, hopefully we get some re-signing news this week with Lodge and TPJ.

Thank you youngsters you showed plenty of heart and courage even if you are light on in experience.. a bright future beckons. I see there seems to be an acceptance amongs some that mediocre now equals a 'good performance'. Boyd and McCullough played with a little more enthusiasm today but for me the rookies positive vibes dragged them off the bottom of the usual pile of rubbish they have been putting in and made them look a lot better than they are. If Boyd cant at least give us some intelligent fullback decisions after all the years he has been playing and the huge (unjustified daddy deal) money he is on.. then whats the point of having him there at all? For me he is totally done and should retire... worst FB in the comp on some of the biggest money. McCullough put a few little kicks in that weren't total shit but still looked confused at every play and is so damned slow he robs all momentum every time he touches the ball... he creates nothing. Weakest hooker in the game imo. Turpin, O'Sullivan, Drearden, Farnsworth, Coats, Fafita, Haas, TPJ, Ofahengaue are the real future of the Broncs and then add Oates, Milford, Glenn, Lodge, Flegler and Segi and I think we have the side to deliver our next premiership. I left out Bird because I still believe his heart is in Sydney and Gillett because like Boyd and McC he seems to just turn up when he feels like it. If this team can get behind their coach and develop into a side that is full of youth, power, confidence, fearlessness and commitment to each other.. we will beat any side in the comp. The talent is there now we need the will.

Last edited:
No it wasn’t. Momentum carried him over, he was still sliding. Had his body stopped and he moved his arm, yes - but he was still sliding along.

Fair try.

It wasn't a fair try.

This is the interpretation of the double movement rule.

A try will be awarded if:

'a tackled player's momentum carries him into the opponent's in-goal where he grounds the ball even if the ball has first touched the ground in the field of play'.

In the process of scoring a try a player in possession must not promote the ball from the position the ball has been grounded.

If the momentum of the player in possession carries him into the opponent's in-goal area, it will not be a double movement if the ball would have finished over the goal line regardless of any subsequent movement of the ball or the arm carrying the ball.

If you take a look at where the ball was when the arm carrying the ball touched the ground, if he does not promote the ball, he ends up just short. The momentum would not have carried him far enough for the ball to end up over the goal line. That's a double movement and that's the way they have been ruling it this season.

We now have 9 more rounds to season end of which, we ONLY play in SHITney once in Round-25. We play at home, Suncorp mostly for the reminder of the year and what bonus it would be if the playing group can take away the win and build on it with less errors and more intensity. Boy, we're in for a ride for the back end of the season.

Personally, I want to see us getting the W in Round-20(Storm) & 23(Souffs) especially, R-23.
The way I see it, we could win all 9 remaining games and make up for the season we missed out on so far. Go the Broncos. Explode away!!!

There was a moment in the match where someone put a kick in to Moylan and he dropped it, Broncos regathered but got a scrum instead of play on, what’s up there? Should have been a try.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Xzei
  • sooticus
  • eggstar10
  • Manofoneway
  • Socnorb
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • Financeguy
  • Alec
  • Bongo
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.