Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

As good as it was to win, we shouldnt forget that if Sharks had a kicker, they could quite easily have had another 8 points and beaten us. Even if we did lose i wouldnt have been too upset because we toughed that game out.

Yep but the onus is on the players who actually go out there and play each week.

Massive raps go to the players for that win. They didn't give up and stayed at it.
Coach may have something to do with it perhaps.

He looked more confident (or was covered better) with staggs inside him. Might just need someone other than shiba inside him

I reckon we’re only playing Shiba just because Bird’s injured & the one who doesn’t want to dug in was let go.

With Bird fit and healthy next season at Center, we’ve one of the best arsenal at our disposal at our right side. With more game awareness, bit of experience & extra kilos over the off season, Coates will only get better mate. Fear not!

Nah, he’s our nine. Hard to go past SOS and Dearden as six and seven with Seggy or Paix as back up on the bench. Got all positions covered then. **** yeah!
Yeah that’s the way it has to be.

As good as it was to win, we shouldnt forget that if Sharks had a kicker, they could quite easily have had another 8 points and beaten us. Even if we did lose i wouldnt have been too upset because we toughed that game out.

Yeah but you play to the score at the time

P.S. Macca is still a spud.

The thing that slows Macca down at dummy half the most is that stupid wide stance he gets into before passing. The ball rolls towards him then he does the splits, picks up ball then passes it. I’m not sure if other dummy halfs do this technique.

Most of what I was going to say has been mentioned by others, but my thoughts:

Lodge and Haas were immense. Haas is just pure power and Lodge is aggression. Can’t split them, both as valuable as each other and are a premiership-quality front row pairing right now.

TPJ should look at that and have Will Smith in his head - “From now on, that’s how you drive”. Hard running and hard hitting, and the opportunities stem from it. The try and the assist are rewards that will come his way often through effort. Not by trying to force it.

Staggs is just a great footballer. All effort and grit.

Coates had a shaky debut but has a higher ceiling. I can see Farnworth retaining a spot because he seems more ready now, with Coates being sent back to Q-Cup to perfect his trade. Interestingly Coates looked way better when Staggs was inside him. Shiba just doesn’t seem to have the physicality for NRL.

Criticism of McCullough is unwarranted and misplaced. The fucker even made a line break and got the ball away to a supporting Boyd. Who’d have thought that sentence would ever exist.

Lastly, the fire is there. It just seems like we need a reason. Like the grubby Dogs a few years back, the knee from Flanagan made our pack take it personally. Woods was niggling all night and they finally retaliated after the knee, snotting him a few times to the point where he didn’t want to run so would pass, so we just snotted him as he passed instead. He’s one of their leaders and for mine, taking him off his game went a long way to putting the Sharks on tilt as a team.

So proud.

Yep but the onus is on the players who actually go out there and play each week.

Massive raps go to the players for that win. They didn't give up and stayed at it.
With due respect - anyone that doesn’t think we have the right coach and a bright future after that game needs to watch a replay, look at the players we have going forward, and if they still can'’t / won't see it ....give yourself an uppercut.

I was looking forward to watching our 2 new wingers pre-game...geez I was not disappointed.....looking forward to them both developing this year....

can't say I saw too much of Palasia..??...anyone got any comments on how he went tonight..?

Are you a goat in wolfs clothing. If we didn't have a kicker no one would give a ****.

I was looking forward to watching our 2 new wingers pre-game...geez I was not disappointed.....looking forward to them both developing this year....

can't say I saw too much of Palasia..??...anyone got any comments on how he went tonight..?
I thought he did well. Nothing great but defended well. Can't recall more then two runs but he looked a lot like a certain forward we just let go to souths.

In saying that I would mark him as a pass on debut. Didn't make an error and defended well inside Glenn.

Mentioning Glenn he was great tonight on return. He is big for us at the moment. Good leadership is so valuable.

Broncos never should have had to come back from 10 points down.

Morris first try, how was that a try? Arm carrying the ball touches the ground before the try line and then he reaches out. It wasn't momentum that got the ball over the line. They have been calling those double movement's this year.

Love the look of his leg speed. Few times it definitely helped get a few extra tough metres out of our red zone. Either he or Coates should be starting for the remainder of the season. Isaako has bigger things to worry about family wise plus he will now need to earn his jersey back.

100%, Farnsworth’s leg speed into contact really helped him find his front and he had a few occasions where he poked his head through to really get our sets rolling.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.