Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
A solid win completely ruined by a season ending injury to far and away our best prop. You have got to be joking.

3. Milford
2. Oates
1. Maranta

Parker to prop for the rest of the season.

We are really going to need a new front rower to lift and try to plug the massive hole left by McGuire. Whether it's Wallace going to another level, Dodds living up to his potential, or Molo or Ofahengaue kickstarting their development ahead of time. If we can't partially plug that hole, I'm going to be very worried.

It was a bit too sloppy. And absolute Carnage with the injuries.

Poor Copley didn't last long and McGuire a huge loss.

The only silver lining (for lack of a better term) that I can think of out of losing McQuire is finding out whether or not we have the forwards on our roster to fill the gap. If none stand up it will solidify our need to go on the market for one.

I'd have Thaiday starting prop as well, perfect opportunity for him to step up and drive home the need for a new contract.

We are really going to need a new front rower to lift and try to plug the massive hole left by McGuire. Whether it's Wallace going to another level, Dodds living up to his potential, or Molo or Ofahengaue kickstarting their development ahead of time. If we can't partially plug that hole, I'm going to be very worried.

I get the feeling Blair will be given a new role.

I think we need to look at playing 3 props on the bench again...maybe drop the utility and just play Oates.

Oates run was huge out of ingoal. Great cover tackles and of course he scored another try. 80mins to do it this time so it was almost guaranteed.

Parcell with that big miss but there was a gaping hole there with McGuire injured on the ground. He was slow to start but started some great dummy half runs in the latter quarter. At one point i noticed him hold his position when Hodges came sniffing around haha.
Unfortunately Macca and him on the field does seem to create some confusion. Some good hit ups too. Looks very strong.

Gillette definitely played better but did he deserve MOM? (I guess I didn't watch enough of him).

Good to see Maranta charge straight for the line instead of hesitating. Even got the legs pumping on some hit ups.

They were onto Hunt in a big way. He was shut down quite often but he was still good.

It was disappointing for Kahu at left centre but someone said he was injured early in the game then had the concussion. Not much else to say but Wayne isn't too upset with him. Jack Reed's starting to look pretty good now though eh?

Boyd has been great. Much better than I expected.

Dodds and Wallace were fairly solid. Dodds is a great defender even tackling hard in open play.

Losing McGuire for the season has left me feeling very deflated. Doesn't even feel like a win.

Yep. It doesn't help that 2 of Newcastles tries came directly off our 2 props copping injuries. The first was Blair getting kicked in the face close to the line.

Take the 2 points and don't look back.

I'm glad we won, losing would have just soured the Storm win.

A really bittersweet result.

On the plus side the guys scored 44 points and it was beautiful to watch. That Milford try maybe the best individual effort I've seen in lord knows how long. I'm going back at least to 2011 to Jack Reed's memorable try against Melbourne but I thought it was better than that. What a super play and some great work from Glenn in the lead up. Alex has been very one dimensional for awhile now so it's good to see him use his skills more this year.

Also got to give credit to Blair on the chase for Uate. That was a super effort and I'm glad Hadley recognised his efforts after focusing entirely on Uate's effort. I don't think Akuila bombed it as much as Blair limited his options.

But gee that effort on Levi was laughable. The last time I saw an effort like that, it was Kennedy on Korbin last year. Hint of some foul play in the lead up but you can't take yourself out of play like that. If you're going to behave like that, you may as well give up all your dignity and just dive (ala Thaiday on Reynolds).

Watching Hodges give Mata'utia a bath was enjoyable. I've been calling for the Broncos to make a tough call on him for some years now because of how vital roster management is in the NRL but I've always loved watching him play. Those bat-ons for Maranta were sublime and I just loved how late in the game he'd park himself near the ruck and stick up for his players. If he isn't one of the best centres to play for Brisbane, I'm not here.

Fingers crossed he goes out a winner in Origin. Easily one of the best centres to play for Queensland and some of the adversity he's had to come back from is just inspiring. Lesser players would have thrown in the towel such a long time ago.

We're officially through the Origin period. In terms of results it could not have gone any better but with the loss of McGuire I've got a very bad feeling heading into the finals.

Really thought we missed Reed out there. He's one of the best defensive centres in the game and while JK tried hard, he couldn't compensate for Reed.

Jury is out on Copley until he sorts out his luck. The guy needs to quit walking under ladders if the Broncos want to stand a chance.

Is this the first time Brisbane have gone through the origin period without losing?

That Milford try is absolutely brilliant to watch

Active Now

• Brocko
  • NSW stables
  • BroncosAlways
  • Allo
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Santa
  • winslow_wong
  • Swordfish
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.