Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Honestly Tristian Sailor has to be in the talk for outside back spots if that is what is available, he is the number 1 player in Qcup for run meters on average for games played, which to me shows he has proven himself on the tough carry's, include his skills as a half and he might even be in the talk for the vacant centre spot post Herbie.

He is also first in try creation stats by an average marker from fullback.

Put him there he could unlock Gary at his best while being another kick option as well as a back up half if need be.

Very similar player to Walsh tbh, but he is a bit more of a runner, though he still has those half skills.

Would like to see him cover an Outside back position this year off an injury or what not I feel he would work there whilst adding some more creation to the mix.

I thought Of all players not in our top 30 he was easily our best in the pre season and he did a good job in his only game at fullback with a good grubber try assist as well as solid defence saving what should have been a try.

S

Spoon

QCup Player
May 24, 2015
Honestly Tristian Sailor has to be in the talk for outside back spots if that is what is available, he is the number 1 player in Qcup for run meters on average for games played, which to me shows he has proven himself on the tough carry's, include his skills as a half and he might even be in the talk for the vacant centre spot post Herbie.

Put him there he could unlock Gary at his best while being another kick option as well as a back up half if need be.

Very similar player to Walsh tbh, but he is a bit more of a runner, though he still has those half skills.

Would like to see him cover an Outside back position this year off an injury or what not I feel he would work there whilst adding some more creation to the mix.

I thought Of all players not in our top 30 he was easily our best in the pre season and he did a good job in his only game at fullback with a good grubber try assist as well as solid defence saving what should have been a try.
I'd love to get him into the 17 but where does he defend? Full back is alot different to centre.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Soni Luke (this will be another inconvenient truth for you as he is a hooker you rave about)
Not sure I "rave about" him, but he's definitely more of a threat in the red zone, ball in hand, than that bloke you keep going on and on about being "good."

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Soni Luke has done nothing, one try ever. Walters has been more threatening in the red zone because he’s scored five tries.

You just say things, mate.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Mariner will take that spot, with Arthars and Hoeter in the queue. Sailor is our backup fullback, and probably 6. Any of those four could play wing. Pereira's had a good season in Cup, but is coming off contract and we probably won't need him.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

You're right he runs a lot and makes a lot of ground. But I have been saying for 12 months now how wild and erratic he is and how poorly he handles the ball.

He was great against the Warriors, but I still have the fear that under pressure week after week he wouldn't be as safe as he was against New Zealand.

17 handling errors in 10 games this season for Souths and 17 in 10 games in 22.

34 dropped balls in 20 Cup games.

Outside backs require quick hands and decisions.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
You're right he runs a lot and makes a lot of ground. But I have been saying for 12 months now how wild and erratic he is and how poorly he handles the ball.

He was great against the Warriors, but I still have the fear that under pressure week after week he wouldn't be as safe as he was against New Zealand.

17 handling errors in 10 games this season for Souths and 17 in 10 games in 22.

34 dropped balls in 20 Cup games.

Outside backs require quick hands and decisions.
Also comes with the turf:

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Also comes with the turf:

If you want to make a side you need to be better. Outside saying he makes three handling errors a game too won’t get you in.

Walsh is playing at a higher level under more fatigue and pressure. Sailor needs to get his mistakes down so he’s forced the choice,

To break into the Test side you need 150 not 80 because Smith got 80 last week.

Donald Garner

Donald Garner

NRL Player
Feb 5, 2017
Walsh any chance of being suspended do we think?

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
I reckon only flegler backs up, maybe haas (as he is just a freak)...

All the titans will back up. They need the win more and their players didn't play the minutes ours did...

B

Broncorob

QCup Player
Jul 26, 2020
we will destroy them...Payne will want to remember what winning is about. Back with his MATES

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Walsh any chance of being suspended do we think?
Should only be a Grade 1 Dangerous Contact, which is a fine. Grade 2 is 1 week, which is what Victor got, but he had priors... anything more than a Grade 2 is more of a piss take than what Klown was putting out tonight

Luai's headbutt was actually worse... Reece was just going in when they were both shaping up... bitch face goes in with a full headbutt when Reece took his head back from it

B

Broncorob

QCup Player
Jul 26, 2020
p
Should only be a Grade 1 Dangerous Contact, which is a fine. Grade 2 is 1 week, which is what Victor got, but he had priors... anything more than a Grade 2 is more of a piss take than what Klown was putting out tonight

Luai's headbutt was actually worse... Reece was just going in when they were both shaping up... bitch face goes in with a full headbutt when Reece took his head back from it
posted same elsewhere. Luai actually used the neck to generate a butt. Reece pushed from the head. he is fine..plus Reece had just been coward punched by Carr

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Yeah I'd be resting Walsh and Carrigan. I would be considering resting Haas too but would do that after game 3.

So:

1. Sailor
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Jensen
9. Walters
10. Palasia
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Smoothy
15. Taupau
16. Flegler
17. Mariner

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015

Best part was if they wanted to suspend Walshy, they had to throw their grub to the same fate, was never going to happen.

Reece Walsh (QLD)
Grade 1 Dangerous Contact, 54' on Jarome Luai
1st offence
Guilty at panel 10% of match fees
Early guilty plea 7% of match fees
PLEA: TBC

Reece Walsh (QLD)
Grade 2 Striking, 80' on Jarome Luai
1st offence
Guilty at panel 33% of match fees
Early guilty plea 23% of match fees
PLEA: TBC

B

Broncorob

QCup Player
Jul 26, 2020
Yeah I'd be resting Walsh and Carrigan. I would be considering resting Haas too but would do that after game 3.

So:

1. Sailor
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Jensen
9. Walters
10. Palasia
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Smoothy
15. Taupau
16. Flegler
17. Mariner
Haas needs a short and sharp 2 x 20 to bring him back to his mates. things got personal in origin
Needs to play

trying to proof read my posts lol thanks for patience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • GCBRONCO
  • Big Del
  • Santa
  • bazza
  • I bleed Maroon
  • thenry
  • Mr Fourex
  • Harry Sack
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Sproj
  • Dash
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.