PRE-GAME [Round 17, 2024] Broncos vs Warriors

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Surely walsh plays after that belting Qld had.
I would like to see Walsh play. He needs as much game time as possible before the finals to work on his errors. And Tristan hasn't exactly put his name in lights during his absence. Albeit returning prematurely from injury.

Patty and Payne could do with a break, but if they're champing at the bit, I wouldn't say no.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
I'm sure - or at last hope - Kevvie has seen enough of Patson during his train & trial to have a good reason for not picking him up for a bargain when our cupboard is bare of someone with his exact skillset. But the small amount I've seen of him, he looked class for depth. Well, compared to Gosiewski who I honestly can barely picture doing anything notable for us or the Cowboys. That he's gone direct to bench is pretty troubling.

This is one of those situations where you have to have faith in the coach, and if it doesn't pan out, you can blame said coach.

Anything less than an emphatic win on Saturday is not good enough.
Why does it have to be emphatic?

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
Why does it have to be emphatic?
I would be happy with a one point victory with us limping over the line at this point.

We aren't doing the basics right at the moment. Nobody should be expecting a polished performance with our origin stars either backing up or not playing at all. Specifically without our halfback who got us through this period last year.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
I wouldnt bother playing Patty & Haas. Not with the fact that we have to travel to NZ as well (thanks NRL for that dumb fucking scheduling)
Walsh can play but. He has had almost a month off

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
I'm for resting Haas and Carrigan, they have smashed themselves up. Walsh needs to be backing up as he needs time on the field. It's such poor scheduling to have us travelling to NZ on Origin week.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I would be happy with a one point victory with us limping over the line at this point.

We aren't doing the basics right at the moment. Nobody should be expecting a polished performance with our origin stars either backing up or not playing at all. Specifically without our halfback who got us through this period last year.
**** that weak shit. Why do you keep apologizing for mediocrity?

We're the Broncos. Start playing like a premiership contender, and that includes with depth.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Haas isnt an aggressive prop and never will be. He is a work horse and damn good one at that. Aggressive doesn't always mean they make 200 metres a game. Most aggressive props play 30-40 minutes a week at max. Could you imagine the outcry if Payne only played that a week.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Play them all. Maybe give Carrigan reduced mins because Slater played him for 70 minutes last night

Unread

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Lostboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.