16. Temu
16. Gosiewski

Oof that’s rough.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I'm reverting to my thoughts on Madden earlier in the season. I think he's already pretty close to terminal velocity, and won't mature in a substantial way, enough to supplant Adam Reynolds. His deficiencies in game management have been papered over by Reece Walsh, only winning one game without him. And that was against Manly, where he kicked the winning field goal. Notable in that game was Cobbo at fullback and MOZER at hooker, when Billy was injured. He has no "spark."

I doubt Kevvie will drop him, but I would bring back Josh Rogers, who has a superior kicking game. I don't say this with massive confidence.

Without Reynolds or Walsh's direction, we flounder relying on effort and skill alone. Our spine is rudderless. Billy and Tyson can get the job done when everything else is firing, when there's a leader in the spine, but without they bring only perfunctory dummy half duties. Ezra does his own thing, usually brilliantly, but he's no leader. Sailor appears destined to the file that contained Niu and Isaako.

It's time to elevate Mozer. If you think he hasn't done enough, I give you Jock Madden. Give him a few weeks to find his feet.

I recommend we all watch the U'19's Origin on Thursday night, and pay attention particularly to Black and Bukowski. They may very well be our not too distant future.

S

Seibs

NYC Player
Oct 29, 2018
I'm reverting to my thoughts on Madden earlier in the season. I think he's already pretty close to terminal velocity, and won't mature in a substantial way, enough to supplant Adam Reynolds. His deficiencies in game management have been papered over by Reece Walsh, only winning one game without him. And that was against Manly, where he kicked the winning field goal. Notable in that game was Cobbo at fullback and MOZER at hooker, when Billy was injured. He has no "spark."

I doubt Kevvie will drop him, but I would bring back Josh Reynolds, who has a superior kicking game. I don't say this with massive confidence.

Without Reynolds or Walsh's direction, we flounder relying on effort and skill alone. Our spine is rudderless. Billy and Tyson can get the job done when everything else is firing, when there's a leader in the spine, but without they bring only perfunctory dummy half duties. Ezra does his own thing, usually brilliantly, but he's no leader. Sailor appears destined to the file that contained Niu and Isaako.

It's time to elevate Mozer. If you think he hasn't done enough, I give you Jock Madden. Give him a few weeks to find his feet.

I recommend we all watch the U'19's Origin on Thursday night, and pay attention particularly to Black and Bukowski. They may very well be our not too distant future.
Who are all the Broncos players in the 19s game? Am I right that a couple of the bench forwards are Broncs?

Leota Bukowski Black….. who else?

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I reckon we’ll be missing Riki due to a suspension for sure.
Probably even though Murray said he didn't even get him in the head.

Should be Dangerous contact Grade 1 for hitting on suspension which would be a fine

Skyblues87

Skyblues87

QCup Player
Feb 9, 2017
Probably even though Murray said he didn't even get him in the head.

Should be Dangerous contact Grade 1 for hitting on suspension which would be a fine
Murray could of rolled over on the floor clutching his face and Riki would have been off. Respect to him for not doing this. Riki however, may cop a suspension.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Oof who is even available. Something like:

1. Sailor
2. Arthars
3. Staggs
4. Karapani
5. Mariner
6. Mam
7. Madden
8. Jensen
9. Walters
10. Willison
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Herherington

14. Smoothy
15. Baker
16. Temu
16. Gosiewski

Oof that’s rough.
I think Piakura has to be dropped back to the bench.

Cant be as lazy as he was on that first try and not get some sort of punishment... he's on easy street at the moment because there is literally no one competing for his spot.

Starting all of Jensen, Willison and Kobe concerns me as well.

That bench is getting absolutely flogged when the starters come off.

If Kobe is to prove anything then we need him playing near 80mins this week, but does he still have that in him

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

God no......

Jerry Seinfeld GIF

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
Murray could of rolled over on the floor clutching his face and Riki would have been off. Respect to him for not doing this. Riki however, may cop a suspension.

True, and particularly notable given the number of his teammates lingering on the ground clutching their necks or gingerly touching their cheekbones....

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
If riki is out I think Walters has to put hethrington there and tell him to put in a good 50 min shift there and prove you can play edge or you're out the following week for tapau. If he goes well tapau in for gojetski.

I'm probably in the minority but I don't think gojetski has been that bad, he just isn't that good. He's a solid replacement, that's it. But he can cover edge and middle, and we need another big guy in the middle.

I also don't get the fear of putting carrigan and/or haas to the bench during origin period. It's much easier to cover up plodders starting then off the bench. Teams are just weathering the 1st 15mins knowing they will dominate in the middle once our starters go off bcos willison is complete lone ranger duing that period as carrigan and haas are either off or tired after 20 mins because of origin. It's a 17 man game with full 80 mins these days. The bench is as critical as the starters ffs and we are just handing the game to the opposition in 20 mins of complete mediocrity.

Active Now

• kman
  • marw
  • Aldo
  • Morkel
  • TimWhatley
  • Justwin
  • Rough and Ready
  • Wolfie
  • Hoof Hearted
  • I bleed Maroon
  • sooticus
  • Swordfish
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.