PRE-GAME [Round 17, 2024] Broncos vs Warriors

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I'm probably in the minority but I don't think gojetski has been that bad, he just isn't that good. He's a solid replacement, that's it.
You reach a certain critical mass of players in this category and you find yourself losing more than winning. Same with too many marquee players eating up your cap.

We seem to have both.

S

Shane Tronc

QCup Player
Apr 7, 2018
1. Sailor
2. Arthars
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo
5. Mariner
6. Mam
7. Rogers
8. Jensen
9. Walters
10. Willison
11. Piakura
12. Hunt
13. Hetherington
14. Mozer
15. Taupau
16. Baker/Oates
17. Gosiewski

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
That surprises me tbh, but I'm ok with it. I thought he should have been sent off, but a Grade 2 when there wasn't even contact with the head seems a bit much considering some of JWH's charges this year. But asking for consistency is too much apparently.

Yeah I have no problem with the charge or suspension but when you have JWH constantly getting fined for the same thing and doing it for over a decade, it makes it hard to take.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
That surprises me tbh, but I'm ok with it. I thought he should have been sent off, but a Grade 2 when there wasn't even contact with the head seems a bit much considering some of JWH's charges this year. But asking for consistency is too much apparently.

Watching it frame by frame, there is definitely contact to the head.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I think we need to expect to go on a five or six game losing streak and that isn't the end of the world but what we do need to do is rest the guys screaming out for a rest. It isn't until we lose 7 in a row that I will be worried. We have the talent to go on a run in to finals, we just need to get our guys refreshed enough to do it.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Assuming he’s not deliberately targeted in origin 2, Walsh can surely back up. He’s missed the past two games and played under 10 minutes in origin 1. He’s played like 1 full game in the past 5 weeks

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Assuming he’s not deliberately targeted in origin 2, Walsh can surely back up. He’s missed the past two games and played under 10 minutes in origin 1. He’s played like 1 full game in the past 5 weeks
He won’t be backing up. Not gonna happen.

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
I think we need to expect to go on a five or six game losing streak and that isn't the end of the world but what we do need to do is rest the guys screaming out for a rest. It isn't until we lose 7 in a row that I will be worried. We have the talent to go on a run in to finals, we just need to get our guys refreshed enough to do it.
I dont think there are guys screaming out for a rest. We are just defending long periods due to errors which makes us look exhausted at times. If we hold the ball we won't look as tired.

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
I'm reverting to my thoughts on Madden earlier in the season. I think he's already pretty close to terminal velocity, and won't mature in a substantial way, enough to supplant Adam Reynolds. His deficiencies in game management have been papered over by Reece Walsh, only winning one game without him. And that was against Manly, where he kicked the winning field goal. Notable in that game was Cobbo at fullback and MOZER at hooker, when Billy was injured. He has no "spark."

I doubt Kevvie will drop him, but I would bring back Josh Reynolds, who has a superior kicking game. I don't say this with massive confidence.

Without Reynolds or Walsh's direction, we flounder relying on effort and skill alone. Our spine is rudderless. Billy and Tyson can get the job done when everything else is firing, when there's a leader in the spine, but without they bring only perfunctory dummy half duties. Ezra does his own thing, usually brilliantly, but he's no leader. Sailor appears destined to the file that contained Niu and Isaako.

It's time to elevate Mozer. If you think he hasn't done enough, I give you Jock Madden. Give him a few weeks to find his feet.

I recommend we all watch the U'19's Origin on Thursday night, and pay attention particularly to Black and Bukowski. They may very well be our not too distant future.
How can you possibly think that Mam has done anything brilliantly? He has been really really ordinary the last few games. Cobbo to FB is also a stress, he dropped more than Sailor did last night. Both are shit options if they cant catch the high ball. IF we held the ball win the last two games.

Active Now

• marw
  • PeterBarne
  • Swordfish
  • kman
  • Johnny92
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Aldo
  • Morkel
  • TimWhatley
  • Justwin
  • Rough and Ready
  • Wolfie
  • Hoof Hearted
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.