PRE-GAME [Round 17, 2024] Broncos vs Warriors

B

Broncorob

QCup Player
Jul 26, 2020
i would send Ezra back to Qcup and play Rogers 7 Madden 6. punt sailor Walsh to back up. Piaks to bench start hunt and jetski given Riki

Throw some chlorine in the pool!

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
Well he must've done something okay. It was a tossup between him and Tommy D for Origin, and it went to Tommy purely on seniority. Admittedly, he hasn't had the strongest season, and those with "very very low IQ's" are fixated on his missed tackles, without taking the nature of the attempts into context. But he's scored more tries and had more try assists this season than DCE and Tommy. And they killed it in Origin one.

But speaking of being "really really ordinary" and "shit options" how do you feel about persisting with Billy at 9?
Billy on his last two performances have been far better than Mams I guess. Probably our best spine member in all three of our losses. But I'm actually a Mam fan, I was calling for him to be in the origin 6 jersey over Dearden. I'm a fan of all the Broncos players but you have to be kidding yourself if you think he usually does things brilliantly. This year he has occasionally been brilliant but mostly very lacklustre.

But agree, he has more try assists than DCE and Dearden but he has missed more than double the tackles which wins you games. Most of our tries are scored on his side of the field by some margin. But it's not just missed tackles. Throwing the ball to nobody, poor kicks costing 7 tackle sets are compounding the shit handling and errors from the lesser paid players. He's on big money now, we need more from him and the expectations are higher.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Billy on his last two performances have been far better than Mams I guess. Probably our best spine member in all three of our losses.
Your expectations on Billy are lower than Ezra. You're fawning over him playing half the minutes and not being a complete turnstile. He doesn't chase kicks, or run 20 metres in defence. He's not the target of every forward trying to maim him in attack. Most of what he does is shovel the ball and come in as 2nd or 3rd defender around the ruck. Because he handles the ball more than anyone else he will inevitably get some try assists from being on the spot. That's minimum requirement.

Ezra is expected to make magic happen. It hasn't in the last couple of games. There is room for concern and criticism there, but if your Billy were to play the position he was hired to play and wanted to play (6), his best would not be on par with Ezra's worst.

I will agree, Billy was not our worst player of the last two weeks. Competition for that title is fierce.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
DWZ with a one week ban for the warriors
And for JWH...

::::::drum roll:::::

Yep you guessed it he's received another $3k fine ... well Uncle Nick has anyway

Shocked Kimmy Schmidt GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Your expectations on Billy are lower than Ezra. You're fawning over him playing half the minutes and not being a complete turnstile. He doesn't chase kicks, or run 20 metres in defence. He's not the target of every forward trying to maim him in attack. Most of what he does is shovel the ball and come in as 2nd or 3rd defender around the ruck. Because he handles the ball more than anyone else he will inevitably get some try assists from being on the spot. That's minimum requirement.

Ezra is expected to make magic happen. It hasn't in the last couple of games. There is room for concern and criticism there, but if your Billy were to play the position he was hired to play and wanted to play (6), his best would not be on par with Ezra's worst.

I will agree, Billy was not our worst player of the last two weeks. Competition for that title is fierce.

**** mate, let it go. Yes, the expectation on Billy is far less than Mam because he's on like 1/3 of the pay. Is there a hooker in the comp on the same money as Billy who offers so much more?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
And for JWH...

::::::drum roll:::::

Yep you guessed it he's received another $3k fine ... well Uncle Nick has anyway

Shocked Kimmy Schmidt GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Absolutely ridiculous. All those fines over the years have sure helped him learn not keep doing it hey.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
**** mate, let it go. Yes, the expectation on Billy is far less than Mam because he's on like 1/3 of the pay. Is there a hooker in the comp on the same money as Billy who offers so much more?
You're right: we need to spend more on a hooker than budget Billy. If we can offload Paix, we might be able to fit one under the cap.

Nerd

Nerd

QCup Player
Sep 27, 2020
I think the criticism being lumped on Mam isn't totally warranted. For mine he's a 6 with a running game like Dylan Brown from the Eels not an organiser and playmaker. Mam seems to shine when he's with a dominant 7 and can just react to what he sees in front of him.

The playmaking and kicking will come with more time in the game. I thought he tried hard against the Bunnies but our piss poor ball control just killed us.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I’m it halves barely have the ball because we keep dropping it. Add to that our forwards are getting beaten most games. If they don’t get the job done when we’ve dominated they’ll get the criticism they deserve.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
You're right: we need to spend more on a hooker than budget Billy. If we can offload Paix, we might be able to fit one under the cap.
You missed the question. But for argument's sake, say we move on Billy and Paix - who do we get in lieu?

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
I think the criticism being lumped on Mam isn't totally warranted. For mine he's a 6 with a running game like Dylan Brown from the Eels not an organiser and playmaker. Mam seems to shine when he's with a dominant 7 and can just react to what he sees in front of him.

The playmaking and kicking will come with more time in the game. I thought he tried hard against the Bunnies but our piss poor ball control just killed us.
This is exactly right. Mam not to blame, handling errors killed us the last two weeks massively. Just doesn't help that madden was also pretty bad the last two games as well which really affects Mams game.

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
DWZ, riki and JWH all cop sanctions this weekend. DwZ and JWH both direct contact to the head, one gets a one game suspension, the other gets a fine.

How does Riki end up with 2 games suspension with no contact to the head.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
DWZ, riki and JWH all cop sanctions this weekend. DwZ and JWH both direct contact to the head, one gets a one game suspension, the other gets a fine.

How does Riki end up with 2 games suspension with no contact to the head.

No white thingy .
And whip lash .

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • easybreezy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.