PRE-GAME [Round 17, 2024] Broncos vs Warriors

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Looks like we'll be without Ezra in any case as it looks as though he'll be named as 18th man for origin. Which means Josh Rogers and Jock Madden will be our halves in all likelihood. Not sure what the go is with Cobbo, but he was so far off the pace against the Rabbits in terms of ball security.

FACTHUNT

FACTHUNT

QCup Player
May 25, 2021
Looks like we'll be without Ezra in any case as it looks as though he'll be named as 18th man for origin. Which means Josh Rogers and Jock Madden will be our halves in all likelihood. Not sure what the go is with Cobbo, but he was so far off the pace against the Rabbits in terms of ball security.
Gagai named 18th. Piakura and Mam dropped from the squad

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
I can see why Ezra and Piakura would be omitted from the squad. Lets hope this omission is based on club performance, which it obviously is. It might spark some fire in their bellys to get them performing to their 2023 best! Really glad we have both of them and likely Cobbo for the warriors. We will need them!

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
Ezra dropped the ball , and kicked it away early in the tackle count , threw bad passes .
He`s partly to blame surely ?
I somewhat agree but what I meant was, whilst he was bad.. He wasn't as bad as some of the others and far from our worst. But yes, I should correct myself, He's partially to blame

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I can see why Ezra and Piakura would be omitted from the squad. Lets hope this omission is based on club performance, which it obviously is. It might spark some fire in their bellys to get them performing to their 2023 best! Really glad we have both of them and likely Cobbo for the warriors. We will need them!
There's a chance that the broncos requested they not be included or that they would be calling them back to the squad earlier because we'll be playing in NZ straight after origin.

Game 1 we were playing at home so not a huge amount of travel if they're away from broncos training.

If Billy gets any injuries during the origin camp he can call anyone in from outside the 20-man squad anyway.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
well based off the fact Mam has done **** all since he was named 18th man, i think we'll see a return to form.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008

19 and 20 are usually just there to get them going through the camp with the team so they can experience it. It just Luki and Loiero's turn. They're all potentials.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
We play the Warriors after origin 2 so it doesn't matter who is 18th man.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
I think the criticism being lumped on Mam isn't totally warranted. For mine he's a 6 with a running game like Dylan Brown from the Eels not an organiser and playmaker. Mam seems to shine when he's with a dominant 7 and can just react to what he sees in front of him.

The playmaking and kicking will come with more time in the game. I thought he tried hard against the Bunnies but our piss poor ball control just killed us.
I think he struggles without Walsh and Reynolds worrying the defence. When you know who the main playmaker is, it's easier to target/defend.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
I wonder who will be skipper now Riki is out. I’d expect it to be Staggs
We need someone who can argue with the ref and has a bit of game smarts (we really miss Reynolds on this). Even Carrigan, as good as he is with the team, needs to learn how to bug the ref and strategically challenge calls.

I don't know who in our team has that though...

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
We need someone who can argue with the ref and has a bit of game smarts (we really miss Reynolds on this). Even Carrigan, as good as he is with the team, needs to learn how to bug the ref and strategically challenge calls.

I don't know who in our team has that though...
We shouldn’t need to argue with a ref

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

They were only there to get a taste of camp. They weren’t going to be around for the whole series.

They bring in different players all the time.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Didn’t we hate when Cam Smith used to do it? We just need to play better and stop worrying about the fucken refs
Reynolds is good at it too. All the experienced captain's are. I didn't mind it when Smith was doing it for qld. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Unread

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • rnabokov
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.