PRE-GAME [Round 17, 2024] Broncos vs Warriors

Wouldve liked to see Hunt on the bench, but not even named in the squad... do not trust Piakura to get through 80mins and theres no one on that bench that could come in.

All the origin players in the extended so decision on any playing still open... I can see one of Patty or Payne making the squad, because it looks like we need more minutes in the forwards.

Interesting that Karapani has made the bench over Oates
I've never been good at reading Kevvie's mind when it comes to his bench management, but - if there are no back line casualties, I would switch Cobbo into a forward role for the last twenty, and have Karapani take centre or wing (with Arthars to centre). Pretty much what Billy was planning in Origin 1, except starting Selwyn.

This all depends on what kind of state Cobbo is in.

I've never been good at reading Kevvie's mind when it comes to his bench management, but - if there are no back line casualties, I would switch Cobbo into a forward role for the last twenty, and have Karapani take centre or wing (with Arthars to centre). Pretty much what Billy was planning in Origin 1, except starting Selwyn.

That's a good point... he did similar against dogs last year with Mariner on the bench.

I'm ok with Selwyn at lock for a period (like it was vs dogs), but not sure about second row... maybe Kobe pushes to second row?

Just hope Baker at second row isnt the plan, because that did not work against Panthers in the early rounds

Easy win. If the forwards can hold their own, we've got plenty of stars to score points. Mam, Cobbo, Staggs, Willison, even Walters will all step up.

Wtf! Are we going so low now to bypass refs, and it's the draw? The Brisbane Broncos are are a sebiold embarrassment. Clutching at straws now.

I believe DD is right, but the coaching is shit. Can't blame a ref for a shit coaching staff.

I feel like Broncogoat on sebiold now.
That's pretty rude to Broncosgoat TBF

You only have to look at our bench to see why we’ve struggled so much this season. Our depth is absolutely horrendous. Man I want to vomit. We’ve managed our squad very poorly.

If Sailor and Mam don't fire our only chance of looking some what dangerous is get the ball in Selwyns hands as much as possible.
Moving him into a roving lock type role late in the game will do this.

That's if Selwyn is up to to aswell.

Strangely, it’s the same with Josh Patston. Early in the season, he played trails and looked ok but Hunt got the nod over him & Patston disappeared. Now, Hunt has disappeared and Patston apparently been playing good. From Q-cup wrap over the weekend “while Josh Patston was enormous in the second row, scoring two tries, getting two linebreaks and running 142 metres. He also made 22 tackles with one miss.”

Given Riki is out for 2 weeks, we could get Patston on to the bench and see if he can maintain same tempo from cup.
I wouldn't have minded to see Patston's name, but we already know the deal. The Broncos haven't contracted him to an NRL deal and as far as we know they haven't got him on a training deal either.

That could all change quickly, but his form prior to the Seagulls game has been ordinary.

On the other hand, Hunt is on an NRL deal but has been absent the past few weeks for the Seagulls. I presumed he got suspended for the head high and may have been rested for the Warriors game ala Tristan Sailor only to see him omitted again.

Thankfully 1910 was able to pass on that information.

If Sailor and Mam don't fire our only chance of looking some what dangerous is get the ball in Selwyns hands as much as possible.
Moving him into a roving lock type role late in the game will do this.

That's if Selwyn is up to to aswell.
All our backs are dangerous: Mariner, Staggs, Arthars, Karapani are no slouches. And even Billy and Jock can pull one out of the hat occasionally. I'm not writing us off yet.

Wahs have gone all in on the small middles... Jazz and Walker both on the bench... that will be the telling point for this game.

We haven't been able to handle a Jazz style middle for going on years now... Jazz has been in and out of the wahs the last few years, but have noticed he's becoming more of a regular again this year. Not sure if he's been killing it or not, but we absolutely have to control the ruck and not allow him and Walker to get a roll on through the middle.

Their bench is tiny, unfortunately ours is non-existent with Kobe and Willison in the starting side. Baker needs to fucking show something this game FMD!!

I'd be tempted to start Marty and move Willison back to the bench... only because I have very little faith in that bench to keep a roll on going.

I strongly want Kobe to up his game immensely. He has regressed from his last seasons performance & I don’t fathom that. He should lear to play back row.

The likes of Goski, Baker & Tapau if they all end up playing, should put a huge performance on the field. And to Sailor, no more dick fingers or flashy plays. Just hold the ball & no more silly, dumb errors.

I wouldn't have minded to see Patston's name, but we already know the deal. The Broncos haven't contracted him to an NRL deal and as far as we know they haven't got him on a training deal either.

That could all change quickly, but his form prior to the Seagulls game has been ordinary.

On the other hand, Hunt is on an NRL deal but has been absent the past few weeks for the Seagulls. I presumed he got suspended for the head high and may have been rested for the Warriors game ala Tristan Sailor only to see him omitted again.

Thankfully 1910 was able to pass on that information.

Patston meh !
He put in a little grubber in a trial and people want him in 1st grade . I thought Hunt was better allround in the trials . And we saw his level under the big lights .

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Muros
  • Dash
  • Nerd
  • Manofoneway
  • mystico
  • Financeguy
  • Dreaglor
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.