PRE-GAME Round 17 - Broncos vs Warriors

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Blessing in disguise losing Shibasaki to injury. He has deadset contracted Tautau Moga syndrome since the Titans game.

Still haven't seen a single positive attribute from him if I'm being completely honest. I think he's had a fair crack at it, might be time for him to head back to ISC after he's healed up to work on his game.

Looking at the Lodge incident, he won't be playing next week.

You can't strike out with the leg. He'll be charged and because of his suspension earlier in the year, he'll miss this week.

You can't strike out with the leg. He'll be charged and because of his suspension earlier in the year, he'll miss this week.
I too think he will get charged. He shouldn’t have reacted, but if he didnt we wouldn’t have got the penalty, then down the field we went and scored and the comeback was on.

Fucking bullshit if he does. Deserves nothing more than a fine at worst. If the refs did their fucking jobs it wouldn’t have happened.

I actually think he showed remarkable constraint considering what had happened to him and hope that is taken into consideration

Last edited:
McCullough will play in this game.

I thought he had a very good game. He certainly did enough to keep the 9 jersey for another week so I think if anyone is expecting a change, they will be disappointed.
I agree, certainly with the injuries and his experience he will play.

if Lodge does get a suspension...undeserved as it is....can Offa back up and replace him in the front row?

Id be happy to move Coates across to centre but I believe Herbie can play there and pay well.....regardless, they BOTH must start next week no question for me...
[automerge]1562493263[/automerge]
also id keep Boyd at fullback and maybe give Milf another week even if he's like 95% ready....wouldnt hurt to have another week of rest, and maybe....just maybe....Boyd can back up with another decent fullback performance....

that also means we keep Herbs and Coates in too....even if Oates comes back in...

Last edited:
Apart from 2 weeks ago against the Samoan national side. Wasn't too bad either.

Complete lottery who Seibold prioritises, I can see it being Coates though. He may even prioritise both and just put Isaako on the list to be released.

I did forget about the Test match sorry. I still say Herbie has done much more tough footballer wise to be able to play NRL centre.

I'm for keeping both in the team.

Despite some horror injury concerns and losing a few winnable games we're still only two points out of the eight at present.

Unpopular opinion but I think Turpin should be playing hooker and Macca at 5/8 or of the bench. For starters Turpin is only young and for his sake I feel like he should be working on his development as a hooker instead of the halves. The NRL are short of decent hookers and Turpin is turning into a very good one. I can see him being turned into a Daniel Mortimer which would be sad for a player of his ability. Macca has a decent kicking game and already handles the touch finders so why not?

Anyway, why not give Paix his debut, the more rookies the better 😜

Imagine saying this at the start of the season. Right now it's still completely crazy but also 100% bang on accurate.
I'm sure this is jumping the gun here but I just can't shake the feeling that he'd be the kind of guy who'd look great in a Queensland jersey on Wednesday night.

Bear in mind Seibold has stated those who do their job will keep their jerseys. So did they. Coates and Herbie. Also said he will continue with Milf at FB and Darius at six. Injuries and maybe suspensions will largely determine next weeks side.

Hopefully team is something like this.

1. Darius Boyd
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Coates
5. Isaako/Farnsworth
6. Turpin
7. Milford / Paix (If he has a niggling knee i doubt they would have Milford at fullback where he needs to run more)
8. Haas
9. Macca
10. Lodge
11. Glenn
12. Fifita (assume Gillett is rested / not playing)
13. TPJ
14. Seggy
15. Offa
16. Flegler
17. anyone but carrigan

Hopefully Dearden isn't far off either. I really would like Macca to be out of the team.

I'd be inclined to put macca at 7 and turpin/milf @ 6 . Some experience in the halves wouldn't go astray, and I think macca is a better choice than boyd in the halves. Also isaako at center not wing

Last edited:
I know TPJ indicated he likes second row but i would like to give him a "roaming" 13 in attack. He can turn up both sides of the ruck but run off the halves which gives him that extra width to run at the opposition halves.

This will let him use his offload more too.

I know TPJ indicated he likes second row but i would like to give him a "roaming" 13 in attack. He can turn up both sides of the ruck but run off the halves which gives him that extra width to run at the opposition halves.

This will let him use his offload more too.
So like a jack bird lock but with a bigger frame?

Hopefully team is something like this.

1. Darius Boyd
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Coates
5. Isaako/Farnsworth
6. Turpin
7. Milford / Paix (If he has a niggling knee i doubt they would have Milford at fullback where he needs to run more)
8. Haas
9. Macca
10. Lodge
11. Glenn
12. Fifita (assume Gillett is rested / not playing)
13. TPJ
14. Seggy
15. Offa
16. Flegler
17. anyone but carrigan

Hopefully Dearden isn't far off either. I really would like Macca to be out of the team.

Interesting people always think that but it's not true. Data from GPS shows that halves run the most, prop the least 4597m

Fullbacks 7760m
Half 8500m
Five eighth 8402m

Half has more high intensity runs too.

Interesting people always think that but it's not true. Data from GPS shows that halves run the most, prop the least 4597m

Fullbacks 7760m
Half 8500m
Five eighth 8402m

Half has more high intensity runs too.
Hmm that is interesting. I still think the workload at fullback would be more pressure on the knee though with likely more need for changing direction, quicker bursts of acceleration etc, and also likely forced to do more hitups. If Milford is fine though I would prefer him at Fullback. he did look alright there against Knights, especially for his first game in a long time there.

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.