PRE-GAME Round 17 - Broncos vs Warriors

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Interesting people always think that but it's not true. Data from GPS shows that halves run the most, prop the least 4597m

Fullbacks 7760m
Half 8500m
Five eighth 8402m

Half has more high intensity runs too.
I wonder if theres anyone that really brings down that average for fullbacks... :|

1. Anthony Milford
2. Corey Oates
3. Kotoni Staggs
4. Herbie Farnworth
5. Xavier Coates
6. Darius Boyd
7. Jake Turpin
8. Matthew Lodge
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Payne Haas
11. Alex Glenn
12. Tevita Pangai Junior
13. Thomas Flegler

14. James Segeyaro
15. David Fifita
16. Joe Ofahengaue
17. Patrick Carrigan

That's what I'm expecting to see.

1. Anthony Milford
2. Corey Oates
3. Kotoni Staggs
4. Herbie Farnworth
5. Xavier Coates
6. Darius Boyd
7. Jake Turpin
8. Matthew Lodge
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Payne Haas
11. Alex Glenn
12. Tevita Pangai Junior
13. Thomas Flegler

14. James Segeyaro
15. David Fifita
16. Joe Ofahengaue
17. Patrick Carrigan

Yeah I think that’ll be pretty bang on. If Milf isn’t right Darius back to fullback and I’m guessing Macca in the halves. Dunno what the plan would be for the interchange hooker.

1. Anthony Milford
2. Corey Oates
3. Kotoni Staggs
4. Herbie Farnworth
5. Xavier Coates
6. Darius Boyd
7. Jake Turpin
8. Matthew Lodge
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Payne Haas
11. Alex Glenn
12. Tevita Pangai Junior
13. Thomas Flegler

14. James Segeyaro
15. David Fifita
16. Joe Ofahengaue
17. Patrick Carrigan

Drop Carrigan and bring in Kennedy.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...144NgZ5WkwzaaVL_0CtmyyQd7PVwZZ--5CoHt3zhJd21A

The Baby Broncos are set to unleash the “next Cooper Cronk” this weekend after injured halfback Sean O’Sullivan looks set to spend an extended time on the sideline following their famous win over Cronulla on Sunday.
Coach Anthony Seibold gave his first indication on Sunday as to who is next in line for the No.7 jersey – which has already been worn by Kodi Nikorima, Tom Dearden and Sean O’Sullivan in 2019 – naming 19-year-old Cory Paix as a possible starter.

Toowoomba teen will come into contention as the fourth Brisbane halfback this year as the Baby Broncos look to continue their new found form in their run to the finals.

O’Sullivan was ruled out for up to a month with a hamstring strain he suffered at the end of the first half of Sunday’s game.

Broncos centre Gehamat Shibasaki has also been added to Brisbane’s growing injury list after suffering a compound fracture in a finger which will keep him sidelined for three weeks.

Seibold said after Sunday’s epic 24-22 win at Shark Park that he would look at blooding yet more young players after Brisbane’s injury toll continued.

“Cory Paix will come into the reckoning I would have thought,” Seibold said.

“We’ll have a good look at him.

“Sean O’Sullivan is out for a few weeks.

“Gehamat Shibasaki has a compound fracture on his finger so that’s going to be a long time.

“(Anthony) Milford and Tom Dearden are out at the moment so we’ll probably have to give some other guys their debut.”

Broncos skipper Darius Boyd left Sunday’s match full of confidence about the future at Red Hill.

He said the Baby Broncos had been buoyed by their incredible win and issued a statement to Brisbane fans to prepare for the future.

“I’ve been saying all year, and we had a couple extra debut here today, we’ve got such a young group of really talented kids and we’re trying to keep a hold of them and sign them all up,” Boyd said.

“This roster will be very special if they can all stick together for the next couple of years.

“It’s been a bit of a tough time now and we’re not accepting that we’re having some losses.

“We can win. We’ve beaten the Roosters and a win like Sunday night, we know we can put those performances in.

“It’s just about being consistent.

“If you’re a Broncos fan, you should be excited about the future because there’s some great talent coming through.”

What did Carrigan do wrong yesterday?

I reckon it will be:

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Coates
6. Turpin
7. Paix
8. Carrigan
9. Macca
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. TPJ
13. Flegler

14. Segs
15. Joffa
16. Kennedy
17. Fifita

Given I am expecting all of Milf, Bird, Shiba, Isaako, Lodge, Gillett and SOS to be out.

As long as Segeyaro is in the team we will win. We are undefeated with him aren't we?

What did Carrigan do wrong yesterday?

I reckon it will be:

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Coates
6. Turpin
7. Paix
8. Carrigan
9. Macca
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. TPJ
13. Flegler

14. Segs
15. Joffa
16. Kennedy
17. Fifita

Given I am expecting all of Milf, Bird, Shiba, Isaako, Lodge, Gillett and SOS to be out.
Lodge hasn't been charged??

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...144NgZ5WkwzaaVL_0CtmyyQd7PVwZZ--5CoHt3zhJd21A

The Baby Broncos are set to unleash the “next Cooper Cronk” this weekend after injured halfback Sean O’Sullivan looks set to spend an extended time on the sideline following their famous win over Cronulla on Sunday.
Coach Anthony Seibold gave his first indication on Sunday as to who is next in line for the No.7 jersey – which has already been worn by Kodi Nikorima, Tom Dearden and Sean O’Sullivan in 2019 – naming 19-year-old Cory Paix as a possible starter.

Toowoomba teen will come into contention as the fourth Brisbane halfback this year as the Baby Broncos look to continue their new found form in their run to the finals.

O’Sullivan was ruled out for up to a month with a hamstring strain he suffered at the end of the first half of Sunday’s game.

Broncos centre Gehamat Shibasaki has also been added to Brisbane’s growing injury list after suffering a compound fracture in a finger which will keep him sidelined for three weeks.

Seibold said after Sunday’s epic 24-22 win at Shark Park that he would look at blooding yet more young players after Brisbane’s injury toll continued.

“Cory Paix will come into the reckoning I would have thought,” Seibold said.

“We’ll have a good look at him.

“Sean O’Sullivan is out for a few weeks.

“Gehamat Shibasaki has a compound fracture on his finger so that’s going to be a long time.

“(Anthony) Milford and Tom Dearden are out at the moment so we’ll probably have to give some other guys their debut.”

Broncos skipper Darius Boyd left Sunday’s match full of confidence about the future at Red Hill.

He said the Baby Broncos had been buoyed by their incredible win and issued a statement to Brisbane fans to prepare for the future.

“I’ve been saying all year, and we had a couple extra debut here today, we’ve got such a young group of really talented kids and we’re trying to keep a hold of them and sign them all up,” Boyd said.

“This roster will be very special if they can all stick together for the next couple of years.

“It’s been a bit of a tough time now and we’re not accepting that we’re having some losses.

“We can win. We’ve beaten the Roosters and a win like Sunday night, we know we can put those performances in.

“It’s just about being consistent.

“If you’re a Broncos fan, you should be excited about the future because there’s some great talent coming through.”

As obi wan once said, that boy is our last hope

We could be equal Eighth on Sunday afternoon, another reason to put in on home soil.

Bear in mind Seibold has stated those who do their job will keep their jerseys. So did they. Coates and Herbie. Also said he will continue with Milf at FB and Darius at six. Injuries and maybe suspensions will largely determine next weeks side.
I don't think we'll ever see Boyd at 5/8 ever again. Even with disruption we had rhythm in the later part of the second half. I loved Maccas work to be honest. Seggy kicks, Macca kicks , I think losing Milf and Nikorima has been a blessing in some ways. SoS was great until injured so there's a keeper for the inventory cupboard. Dearden and Turps are two more keepers and Macca's experience and direction were really surprising. Call me an optimist but the glass is way better than half full. I haven't seen Paix and he may be another keeper but Coates and Farnworth can only get better. Carrigan and Flegler, **** things are not bleak. Amazingly we've already got Haas locked up and he's not even accumulated a season worth of games yet.

If Seibold can really coach and our experienced guys feel the lifting tide we can become a tremendous force. The scare put into Boyd and Macca will hopefully make them into true believers and on top of all this energy we have the brilliant Oates and the reliable Gillett and Glenn.

I felt gutted in recent weeks but this win has stoked the embers.

If Milford is still out I expect to see

1 - Boyd
6 - Paix
7 - Turpin
9 - McCullough
14 - Segs

People might be getting a bit ahead of themselves here... there was similar chat at about round 11 and we went on to lose 3 in a row.

We still have a lot of injuries (origin hasn't even been played yet) and will be backing up 4 days after a decider.

The guys didn't back up well last time specifically Fifi... and warriors always come to play at Suncorp. Hoping for the best, but definitely too early to be talking top 8.

If we come through origin and this game without picking up yet another injury I think we will be able to turn the corner for the run home and start to get some consistency on the field in the 17.. games against dogs and titans with a relatively full strength 17 would be great to see after the season we've had.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Kev_Guz
  • Swordfish
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • Culhwch
  • johnny plath
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Harry Sack
  • Browny
  • Clintos
  • Midean
  • broncoscope
  • Fitzy
  • leon.bott
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.