/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I was at the game and didn’t see everything but this is what I saw:

Our edge defence was terrible, TPJ and Turpin is a bad combo atm. Turpin seems to release way too late and that’s putting pressure on the centre and winger.

Milf at fullback is the future, he was threatening with nearly every touch and looking to break the game open.

Farnworth is incredibly good at finding his front for such a slight build, very impressed.

Boyd was solid but in all reality offers nothing in attack.

Call me optimistic but ffs that second half gives hope for the future... We had every single thing go against us and we were 10 points down with a team of 20 year olds and we fought back and didn't lose.
Chuck in dearden, bird, oates, gillet and o'sullivan with Turpin at dummy half with 20 more games experience to everyone (particularly milf at fb), and mccullough and boyd out of the team and we win that and many, many other games.

Boyd is experienced, like those players.

He is the captain, like those players.

He was in a critical moment of the game, like those players often found themselves in.

When those players were playing in their 310th (or whatever it is) game, with the game on the line, they would make the right call because experience told them what they needed to do. Every time. It might not necessarily have resulted in a win, but it would have been the play that gave their team the best chance to win.

But if comparing him to those 3 is unfair, then perhaps Cronk, Hodges, Pearce or Maloney are better examples. All played a similar amount of games, all played rep footy and all played spine positions.

Regardless, whether Boyd was playing 1, 6, 10 or 13 tonight, has zero impact on what he should have done at that moment.

And to allay any confusion, I’m absolutely bashing Boyd. When we needed him to take the tackle, he threw away our final opportunity to get the win.

I don’t care if you disagree. I expect more from the bloke who’s played more games than about 13 of our team combined.

You clearly are anti Boyd. It wouldnt matter what he does you would find a reason to bag him. He made a break, he had no support, probably saw Herbie trying to make up ground out on the left and went for it. It was the right decision imo, but the execution that was off. Even if he passed the ball backwards and we scored, you would more then likely say it wasnt because of anything he did. There have been plenty of more valid reasons to criticise him this year, tonight isnt one of them.

And i still dont think even the four blokes you mentioned second time around are any better examples. 3 of them for a start are natural halves and game managers. Boyd isnt and never has been that type of player. I'm not sure where you think Hodges fits in. He starred fleetingly for us at fullback, but his main impact was in the centers, he was hardly a career spine player who set up teams to win in clutch moment when a field goal was needed.

Call me optimistic but ffs that second half gives hope for the future... We had every single thing go against us and we were 10 points down with a team of 20 year olds and we fought back and didn't lose.
Chuck in dearden, bird, oates, gillet and o'sullivan with Turpin at dummy half with 20 more games experience to everyone (particularly milf at fb), and mccullough and boyd out of the team and we win that and many, many other games.
Honestly if we didn't have a thousand injuries, we'd be a competitive team this year. It's hard to build any cohesion when we have a different halves combo every week. Oh yeah, and Macca.

Seggy ran for 38m compared to Macca's 28. Obviously he was on the field for half the time. And Macca only made 6 more tackles than him. Siebs likes stats. Stats say Macca offers nothing. Watching the game shows Macca is slow and doesn't play expansively, eyes up or with explosive enthusiasm. We brought Seggy on and started winning.

3. Milford
2. Haas
1. TPJ

Was gonna give Pangai the 2 but those 2 penalties late were just howlers and did massive damage to our chances of actually winning. Milf at fullback is really kicking on and I'm happy with what I'm seeing from him. Maybe he really was unhappy at 6. Boyd getting MOTM is just laughable. He had a solid night but was far from best on ground.
I didn’t watch the game but it sounds like if TPJ or the penalty jerk didn’t strip the ball in front of the goal posts then we hold on to win. End of story. Isn’t he the same guy who will be paid nearly $2m over the next three years by the broncos. That’s a funny way to repay the fans and club isn’t it. Or am I missing something?

I’d be happy to see macca and isaako in bulldogs jerseys for 2020. In fact I’d even be happy if we gave the bulldogs a 2 for 1 deal.
Isaako has no confidence, and I’m not sure we need him anymore.
No goal kicking and not stepping up when we needed a field goal is needed, the bloke is massively down in confidence. Chuck in his defence tonight.. Coates didn’t help the situation, but it is only his 2nd nrl game, hopefully he will improve in that areas.
If I were an opposition play maker, I’d be bombing to isaako all night, he is just way too shaky for my likening.
I’m not sure how you go from rookie of the year and highest point scorer of 2018 to what he has gone to this year.
As for macca, well, let’s just say we were loosing when he went off at the 50min mark and somehow ended the game in a draw.
His attacking options out of dummy half wouldn’t even be welcome in isc, the bloke just needs to be out of this side entirely.

Last edited:
I didn’t watch the game but it sounds like if TPJ or the penalty jerk didn’t strip the ball in front of the goal posts then we hold on to win. End of story. Isn’t he the same guy who will be paid nearly $2m over the next three years by the broncos. That’s a funny way to repay the fans and club isn’t it. Or am I missing something?

...yeh need to have seen it live.....very close run thing he didn't actually complete the 1 on 1 strip before another guy came into the tackle..
[automerge]1563017689[/automerge]
I’d be happy to see macca and isaako in bulldogs jerseys for 2020. In fact I’d even be happy if we gave the bulldogs a 2 for 1 deal.
Isaako has no confidence, and I’m not sure we need him anymore.
No goal kicking, not step up when we needed a field goal, the bloke is massively down in confidence, and we saw his defence tonight.. Coates didn’t help the situation, but it is only his 2nd nrl game, hopefully he will improve in that areas.
If I were an opposition play maker, I’d be bombing to isaako all night, he is way too shaky for my likening.
I’m not sure how you go from rookie of the year and highest point scorer of 2018 to what he has gone to this year.
As for macca, well, let’s just say we were loosing when he went off at the 50min mark and somehow ended the game in a draw.
His attacking options out of dummy half wouldn’t even be welcome in isc, the bloke just needs to be out of this side entirely.

so.....whos the 1 coming back in that...??

Last edited:
Honestly if we didn't have a thousand injuries, we'd be a competitive team this year. It's hard to build any cohesion when we have a different halves combo every week. Oh yeah, and Macca.

The injuries started kicking in after our season was fucked.

You clearly are anti Boyd. It wouldnt matter what he does you would find a reason to bag him. He made a break, he had no support, probably saw Herbie trying to make up ground out on the left and went for it. It was the right decision imo, but the execution that was off. Even if he passed the ball backwards and we scored, you would more then likely say it wasnt because of anything he did. There have been plenty of more valid reasons to criticise him this year, tonight isnt one of them.

And i still dont think even the four blokes you mentioned second time around are any better examples. 3 of them for a start are natural halves and game managers. Boyd isnt and never has been that type of player. I'm not sure where you think Hodges fits in. He starred fleetingly for us at fullback, but his main impact was in the centers, he was hardly a career spine player who set up teams to win in clutch moment when a field goal was needed.
Gosh, I’m flattered.

You’ve quickly taken the time to read all my posts from the last 2 years, removing all the parts that don’t suit your story, and as you know me so well, have deduced the person that I am and how I think.

Moving on. If you think that was the right play, I truly am happy for you. I mean, I’d be willing to bet just about any of the former elite players who are paid for their opinions would go the other way (pretty sure the ones in commentary did?), but who cares what they think!

The proof is in the pudding. Passing the ball, forward, to no one, is not the right play. Never has been, never will be.

Anything outside of that is pure speculation, amounts to nothing and adds as much to your argument.

I’m done.

Taking a realist's angle here...
Look obviously this year we will be lucky to make the 8, I hope we do so it gives our young guns more experience in finals footy.

The way I see it though - as many have already stated... I think we have to bite the bullet with Macca. Unfortunately the game doesn't suit him at the moment and neither does our team. Solid player and has been great for us, but time to move on. We didn't get the bickies in 2015 and 2016 was probably our next shot with that team and we couldn't do it.

We have to create a new window, most likely while we have Milf but I think we are short a solid organizer and I don't think Boyd is the man.
We need an icer. A DCE or (dare I say it) current PEARCE is just what we need.
Esp. since it won't come form 9.

Anyhow Macca is not the answer and with his current contract situation....
I'd ask him if he wanted to go but if he DOESN'T then I reckon:
play the first 20, tackle your heart out - then off to bench as back up for any backs injury, MAYBE come on first 10 mins of 2nd half.
But really not an ideal situation~

RTS ran for 367m tonight which apparently breaks the NRL record that Tommy Turbo held

I am a big boyd needs to be dropped fan but he played very well in defence, very well. Pulled off some big hits and made some great reads in defence when he led the line speed. Not sure if he deserved mom (haas did in my eyes too) but he was in the top 5
He missed the tackle on RTS which allowed the offload for the Warrior second try. He wasn't that good.
[automerge]1563019574[/automerge]
I do - just the ratings (I’m doing this on the phone so I ain’t gonna post the whole damn article)

Milford - 6
Isaako - 4
Staggs - 6
Farnworth - 5
Coates - 4
Boyd - 7
Turpin - 4
Lodge - 6
McCullough - 6
Haas - 8
Glenn- 6
TPJ - 7
Flegler - 6
Segeyaro - 5
Ofahengaue - 6
Fifita - 6
Carrigan - 6
Don’t know what fucken game they watched; Boyd and Macca getting 7 & 6???
Milford getting a lower rating than Boyd? that will do me. Boyd hardly touched the fucking ball.

Last edited:
Why has nobody brought up the important issues? What happens with the forum bet? Surely as reigning champions we win by default? Put the hard word on those sheepshaggers, demand it. Everybody hates us anyway.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Painin the Haas
  • GCBRONCO
  • RolledOates
  • Culhwch
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jazza
  • Financeguy
  • mitch222
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Alec
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • BroncosAlways
  • whykickamoocow
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.