Round 17 Discussion

Seen quite a few incorrect PTB not pulled up lately.
I'm constantly amazed how blatant some PTB are , and the refs just let them go, like holding down players in tackles, offside in defence, and especially forward passes , like Cam Smiths pass to big Tino on the line last night . That was a crucial moment in that game , and even the commentary actually stopped, they paused and then Fittler says... that was a mile forward. We ALL can see it and if the refs calls aren't suss enough that 6 again rule must be a betting ruse for the NRL , or you might suspect so , because the refs can now influence a result more so now than ever.

I'm constantly amazed how blatant some PTB are , and the refs just let them go, like holding down players in tackles, offside in defence, and especially forward passes , like Cam Smiths pass to big Tino on the line last night . That was a crucial moment in that game , and even the commentary actually stopped, they paused and then Fittler says... that was a mile forward. We ALL can see it and if the refs calls aren't suss enough that 6 again rule must be a betting ruse for the NRL , or you might suspect so , because the refs can now influence a result more so now than ever.

I wonder if they’ll ever be able to review a forward pass...

Technology has been around for ages. Could easily introduce it but like the virtual 10 metre line it exposes the nrl. Too much power in our hands.

The reverse angle showed Smith threw it flat.

I wouldn't take Freddy's word for it either, he's very hit and miss when it comes to referees. For a guy who presents himself as a very 'zen' person, he loves a good whinge.

The reverse angle showed Smith threw it flat.

I wouldn't take Freddy's word for it either, he's very hit and miss when it comes to referees. For a guy who presents himself as a very 'zen' person, he loves a good whinge.
Fair point @Big Pete

I wonder if they’ll ever be able to review a forward pass...

I've always wondered this for offside on the kick chase too. Often they'll be extremely close and it just seems to favour whatever the on-field decision was. There was one a few weeks back during the Sharks game where Ramien looked a mile offside but the bunker cleared it as onside.

What I also don't get is how they can refer a knock on to the bunker (say from a contested bomb) and determine who's hand it touched and which direction the ball travelled, yet they can't go back and look at a pass.

I've always wondered this for offside on the kick chase too. Often they'll be extremely close and it just seems to favour whatever the on-field decision was. There was one a few weeks back during the Sharks game where Ramien looked a mile offside but the bunker cleared it as onside.

What I also don't get is how they can refer a knock on to the bunker (say from a contested bomb) and determine who's hand it touched and which direction the ball travelled, yet they can't go back and look at a pass.

Does it have something to do with that momentum garbage. Knock ons off contested bombs are usually pretty obvious whereas the momentum stuff really puts a grey area in whats forward imo. Wish they just went back to having to pass backwards. You can definitely pass forward with hands travelling in a backwards motion.

I've seen some shit calls in my time, but that's the worst!!!!! If that's a punch I'm a skinned goose

If you ever needed evidence that this competition is manufactured this game is it. Parra are being carried by atrocious refereeing.

They're actually a chance in of winning the whole thing if the NRL keeps this up.

If you ever needed evidence that this competition is manufactured this game is it. Parra are being carried by atrocious refereeing.

They're actually a chance in of winning the whole thing if the NRL keeps this up.
The refereeing has been completely bullshit. Atkins is a useless prick and Parra are being carried by him

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Tim K
  • Griffo
  • broncotville
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • I bleed Maroon
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosAlways
  • Clintos
  • GCBRONCO
  • simplythebest
  • Browny
  • PETERN
  • Allo
  • Alec
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • winslow_wong
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.