Round 17 Discussion

Hiku ball hog tho, give it to your winger ffs

Time for this referee to be dropped
I said to my wife with 10 to go "watch the warriors get fucked over here."

Then...

Lane knock on not called.
No call 6 again next warriors set on tackle 5.
RTS fucking cannonballed. And the Warriors penalised!

I am just sick of way these games are refereed these days. Takes away from the enjoyment of watching.

Eels have always been my second team. But tonight I've discovered a hate for them. Just a bunch of crying sooks backed with a lot of support from the referees

You only just discovered this?

I said to my wife with 10 to go "watch the warriors get fucked over here."

Then...

Lane knock on not called.
No call 6 again next warriors set on tackle 5.
RTS fucking cannonballed. And the Warriors penalised!

I am just sick of way these games are refereed these days. Takes away from the enjoyment of watching.
Brown clearly took RTS legs out

So what was the deal with the two Tigers players refusing to go out for the second half in the Manly game?

Eels have always been my second team. But tonight I've discovered a hate for them. Just a bunch of crying sooks backed with a lot of support from the referees
Early in the 1st half Gutherson ran into a tckle, spun round, bent his head into his chest and then waited for contact from the warrior player to claim a crusher. Not sure who it was but he had sense enough to not be pulled in and as he could'nt secure him by holding his head down he had to grab his face so he got penalised for hands on the face. I just laughed, it's the way the game is going.

The Eels just lack the composure of a top team. They started really well and led 16-0 before the Warriors made a game of it. It was like the Eels weren't mentally ready and as a result really struggled to find the necessary gear. I've seen them argue that losing Mahoney hurt them, but if anything he was just as skittish as the rest of them, Stone actually made them stronger defensively in the middle.

The Warriors tried hard but ultimately were just so down on troops they lost that arm wrestle mid-way through the second half. I think if they had have taken the lead there, the Eels would have found it difficult to recover.

The Warriors definitely received some tough calls, but I thought Atkins let them get away with a bit in the ruck as well. Curran especially was lucky not to give away a dumb game changing 5th tackle penalty for a push on RCG.

That was good ball movement to create the break for Norman. Options either side of Clune and Norman streaks up through the middle to create the extra man. Not enough teams change the angles of their play and it just makes it so easy for the defence to read.

It should have been a try, but the player with all the skills somehow throws a dud of a pass.

I liked the play earlier from Drinkwater where he chipped for himself. The lesson there is to show some restraint. It's a lesson Coates needs to learn as well, you don't have to compete for every ball, just put pressure on, force them to make a play UNLESS you can have a clear shot of scoring a try.

Did Maxwell just get tipped off by the FoxSports commentary team on Dunn's off-side? How is he not involved in the play? He pushes the Dragons player in the back?

Last edited:
That was a good advertisement for what strong outside backs can do for you. Ravalawa, Pereira and Aitken win the set for the Dragons, it allows the Dragons to spread the football and Clune seizes the opportunity. Clune completely bamboozles Drinkwater, giving Host an easy passage to the line.

I thought Host was fortunate earlier to get away with a tackle in the air on O'Neil. I think attacking teams are being given way too much leeway on their 'contests'.

That was a good advertisement for what strong outside backs can do for you. Ravalawa, Pereira and Aitken win the set for the Dragons, it allows the Dragons to spread the football and Clune seizes the opportunity. Clune completely bamboozles Drinkwater, giving Host an easy passage to the line.

I thought Host was fortunate earlier to get away with a tackle in the air on O'Neil. I think attacking teams are being given way too much leeway on their 'contests'.

Love your insights Pete

That's better from the Cowboys. Drinkwater two passes wide with options either side brings Holmes into the play and Valentine scores a very simple try.

I was beginning to worry they had run out of ideas without looking to bring their best strike weapon into play. This is what I want to see out of the Cowboys moving forward, the halves and fullback taking more ownership of the attack.

Right as I say that Clifford kicks right out on the full looking for a 40/20.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Broncosgirl
  • bert_lifts
  • Hurrijo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Rookie Alan
  • winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • Morkel
  • Sproj
  • Bish
  • Painin the Haas
  • Kev_Guz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.