POST GAME [Round 18, 2024] Broncos vs Panthers

Worst club in the comp.
Tigers.
Got hooked as a kid and unfortunately I can't get out.
That is fucking insult. Even though My Mum is a Pussies I mean Tigers supporter her pussies don't have any energy compared to the broncos they is a reason why they are last meaning Tigers. Broncos and Tigers in the same comment shm broncos are better than Tigers and the only time my mum's pussies deserve to be in the same comment as the broncos is when they are playing each other
How is that @Big Del

That is fucking insult. Even though My Mum is a Pussies I mean Tigers supporter her pussies don't have any energy compared to the broncos they is a reason why they are last meaning Tigers. Broncos and Tigers in the same comment shm broncos are better than Tigers and the only time my mum's pussies deserve to be in the same comment as the broncos is when they are playing each other
How is that @Big Del
Let me guess, you're from Caboolture.
Go back and read what I said a bit closer love..

HGH will make your skull grow .
EPO makes more red blood cells aiding cardio and endurance and is not a steroid as far as I know . It was one of Lance Armstrongs faves .

I`m an MMA fan I have seen plenty of beef cake steroid users get busted , also guys with cardio for days who get popped for EPO .
Tj dillashaw comes to mind

Not only missing Reynolds (countered by Cleary out) but also missing Riki & Staggs, 10+ injuries total, and losing our halfback at half time... against the Panthers... and we didn't get beaten by 24+? I'll take that compared to the previous 4 games. Good signs IMO.

Yep... really fucking pissed that we have a good game that could reset the season... and then mass fucking disruption for the stupid fucking origin game again.

After seeing the way game 2 was manipulated and manufactured into a result I can't be fucked giving a shit about it compared the broncos
I have always felt that way about Origin. Like, yeah, cool, but it absolutely has cost the Broncos a few premierships through injuries, and ladder position, etc.

there are countless rumours around but the media just cannot come out and say it and the nrl will not investigate it. the nrl do not want to find cheating sides the only time they do is when a whistle blower is about to leak it to the media and they have no choice.

The way the panther players phsyically became so much more bigger and fitter in a short amount of time is so reminiscent of those Shark years.

And the media would bang on and on about how Sharks are the fittest team in the comp and countless fans like us would say there must be doing somthing illegal. And the truth did eventually come out.

Of course you ever bring any of this up you get accused of just sour grapes. but any nrl fan who has watched the modern games for last 20-30 years knows when something seems off.

In saying that they still are a very well coached side that does the simple things well. I just dont believe that they have found some magic secret training formula that makes them the fittest bunch of players the game has ever seen to date. not legally anyway
The NRL can't have another scandal for a top team. They have basically reinstated Melbourne's trophies these days. They allowed Sharks their Premiership in the one single year that they apparently weren't cheating BETWEEN years they were (this does my head in!). The ASADA scandal with the Sharks was really bad for the game, and they had to make a song and dance about how thorough they are, but really, are they? How is it in the NRL's interest for a superstar team, in an AFL contested area, which is one of the fastest growing, profitable regions in Australia, to be caught cheating and for them to have all their titles stripped.

It won't happen. It is probably just like the whole Broncos and their cocaine/whatever drugs situation with Lockyer, etc. If they can cover it up, they will. If they get caught, or someone blows the whistle, well... then it's alarm bells, but until then, just cover for them by saying how marvelous they are.

The NRL is actually just fucked, eh

I’ve been on the train for a while now - you just can’t continually run 200+ metres, be almost impossible to tackle one-on-one, and never get tired for 30+ weeks a year. No matter how good your preparation is.

Players can likely do that every other week or continuously for a short period of time, but they will crash or have some off games in and around them

They don’t.

It all reminds me of how Gallen magically played 80mins at prop in Origin in 2011, the same year Cronulla was later investigated and found guilty of doping, to which he took the ban, admitting guilt

The difference is I think, as stated above, Penrith have been so highly successful that to strip them of titles would be a huge black mark on the competition, and more importantly probably spell the end of Vlandys as this happened right under his nose at the least. It would also be a big blow to the war for western sydney against the AFL.

They didn’t care about the ramifications of the Melbourne stripping because they know it’s a lost cause compared to something like the Penrith area and the huge player and fan base they have out there, now and in the future.
Ah shit, I posted before I read this. You hit all the same points. It does add up to something fishy.

But then again

Don't know if you lot watched this, but the former head of WADA, Dick Pound (teehee) said multiple damning things in 2016:
  • Sports were simply saying they had doping programs for marketing.
  • It seems easy to get away with doping because they only catch ~2% of drug cheats.
  • A study on the testing methodology has been held back because it suggests a 39-40% of all athletes in Sport are doping.
As if we could expect ASADA to be better than WADA, and as if we can expect the NRL to better than either of those institutions. Furthermore, the entire Chinese Olympic Swim team was caught doping and it only came out well after, and it was basically known then. Now they reckon it will be worse in Paris.

Moral of the story is that you may as well just juice it, nobody remembers second place.

Haven’t read all the comments but something my Mrs said in the pre match warm up made me think. She said the panthers were warm up routine was a team effort, and then you looked at our lot and they were all doing their own thing.

Must admit I spent a lot of time sitting and watching what they were doing and couldn’t help but be impressed.

Much better from the Broncs in this one, certainly not as low a feeling in defeat as recent weeks.

Season starts now. No more excuses. Time to put a run together and go into the finals in good form and confidence up.

Haven’t read all the comments but something my Mrs said in the pre match warm up made me think. She said the panthers were warm up routine was a team effort, and then you looked at our lot and they were all doing their own thing.

Must admit I spent a lot of time sitting and watching what they were doing and couldn’t help but be impressed.

Much better from the Broncs in this one, certainly not as low a feeling in defeat as recent weeks.

Season starts now. No more excuses. Time to put a run together and go into the finals in good form and confidence up.

Apparently, we do most of our warmup in the dressing room, which isn't typically seen

Yeah but there’s only so much you can do inside though.

Out on the grass there’s more realism perhaps….

Worth thinking about
It's something that I've not really understood.

Maybe they want it for "consistent conditions", but I would've thought getting them out on the field makes more sense.

Is the grass dewy, how's the ground feel under foot for stepping and footwork, is the ball slippery, is it raining, is it windy, day game vs night game, how are the lights, get acclimatised to the weather (canberra cold / qld hot), take in the crowd's energy, etc.

You also have more space out on the field compared to running passing drills and stuff in the sheds and running around columns and not having to stop at the walls.

We've been training indoors since at least the Seibold days, but has probably been longer.

Maybe they want it for "consistent conditions", but I would've thought getting them out on the field makes more sense.

Is the grass dewy, how's the ground feel under foot for stepping and footwork, is the ball slippery, is it raining, is it windy, day game vs night game, how are the lights, get acclimatised to the weather (canberra cold / qld hot), take in the crowd's energy, etc.

You also have more space out on the field compared to running passing drills and stuff in the sheds and running around columns and not having to stop at the walls.

We've been training indoors since at least the Seibold days, but has probably been longer.
I really agree on this. All you said makes so much sense.

I’m sure warm ups inside are good but outside in their working environment would be better

You can only do inside at the bigger venues, some places the Broncos warm up outside.

At home the outside backs go and get kicked to outside but the whole team warm up is inside.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • theshed
  • Dash
  • bb_gun
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • Redfern_1980
  • pagey
  • Battler
  • Johnny92
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.