Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Everyone happy now? I fucking am!
And all that on a Thursday night.
Honestly not really. Dogs are odds on for the worst team in the comp with the worst coach. Beating them doesn't give me much to cheer about but I'm glad we're a bit closer to sneaking into the top 8.

If Penrith (VS Dragons) and the Knights (VS Roosters) lose, we could end the weekend 1 point outside of the 8.

With all those missed conversions tonight I wouldn’t mind giving Isaako another go at goal kicking. Staggs may be a gun in attack but unless it’s dead centre, he can’t kick for crap.

Pretty good win, despite quality of the opposition.

It's been a long time coming, but I feel this forward pack we've assembled is the perfect mix. Workhorses, post contact metres eaters, offloads and flair.

Milford looked good at the back but we're lacking a real general in the halves. If Dearden or SoS can take the reins, we could give it a real shake next year. For all his enthusiasm, I'd like to see Turpin back at 9, let's him simplify his role and play on instinct.

Pleased with our composure most of all. We were strong early but when execution let the Dogs back into the game, we hung tough, kept to the game plan and ground them down.

Would be remiss not to wrap Boyd or Macca for their efforts. Both left it all out there tonight and provided some rare spark. On ya, lads.

Go the dragons!!! Let's cheer on the Roosters and I think the best result for us would be the Warriors although they'd regain a differential lead over us.

Is Staggs/Isaako a good right side combo for us going forward? I remember reading they're good mates and room together, so obviously they've got trust in each other and looked to combine pretty well tonight.

Staggs was great, his kicking a bit of a concern though. I remember last year how much of a relief it was after years of Parker, suddenly having reliable options in Kahu and then Isaako. I always felt confident when Isaako stepped up to kick, not so with Staggs just yet. At this point if Isaako can continue his return to form, I think I'd like him to take back the kicking duties.

The forwards, well. What can I say that won't be said by everyone else. Amazing work from them all. Even Kennedy had some strong runs once he settled down a bit.

Gonna be a good weekend now with the 2 points in the bag!

Agree with John's, imagine Thurston behind our forward pack.

I shudder to think the value he is gonna command on the open market by the time he is off contract. We're gonna need to be PREPARED salary cap wise to be competitive enough to keep him. It's just beyond question. He must be a one club player.
We will have to shed a few players to keep him. He is worth a lot...
Having said that, lodge is not far behind him. People forget lodge is also nowhere near his peak yet. He's only 23.
So it will probably have to be one of or both of carrigan and flegler. Although they too aren't anywhere near their peak age. There's so many variables, and sooo much bloody potential in this pack.
I haven't been this excited about our future for yeeeaars. It makes this year easier knowing their is an obvious plan for the future in place that looks bloody exciting

Honestly not really. Dogs are odds on for the worst team in the comp with the worst coach. Beating them doesn't give me much to cheer about but I'm glad we're a bit closer to sneaking into the top 8.

If Penrith (VS Dragons) and the Knights (VS Roosters) lose, we could end the weekend 1 point outside of the 8.
It's games like that we normally lose. Was extremely important to win and there were some very good signs in that game. Cant please everyone but eh.

I open a champagne when it’s almost half time, this is a enjoyable game, maybe I’m a bit drunk, but I do feel Lodge on the second half is a bit exhausted, isn’t he playing almost the same amount of time as Haas?

Maybe that explains Haas is above lodges level, gotta say love TPJ playing second row, his offload is our “x” factor at the moment! Playing Fifita at center is a good move, our center one on one is always an advantage in this game, which leads the try easily.

Boyd and Milf switch has been looking good to me, even the players seem pretty happy with the position switch, no matter what people say about Macca, I have to give him credit for his kicking and giving pressure to opponents kicking.

Staggs was great, his kicking a bit of a concern though. I remember last year how much of a relief it was after years of Parker, suddenly having reliable options in Kahu and then Isaako. I always felt confident when Isaako stepped up to kick, not so with Staggs just yet. At this point if Isaako can continue his return to form, I think I'd like him to take back the kicking duties.
Just on his kicking I think he was about a 75% type kicker in the 20's... I'm sure someone will be able to confirm, but I remember he struggled big time on that right touchline.

I think the kicking was taken away from Isaako a bit because his form dropped and he was in and out of the side and might've been a bit of a kick up the ass like "we have other goal kickers so you still need to lift your game"

I don't want him in my footy team but macca does seem like a bloke I'd have a beer with haha
No wonder he isn't getting dropped haha

The boys played well. Wish we didnt take the foot off in the last 20min or so.
Hopefully we can really into a run for the finals.
Fingers crossed dearden is back next week, if so, I think we can really start to get a roll on.

Oh, and Haas, yet again wow.

Active Now

• broncoscope
  • Justwin
  • Broncosgirl
  • Aldo
  • BroncsNBundy
  • thenry
  • Wolfie
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • phoenix
  • Bronx48
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Foordy
  • bert_lifts
  • GCBRONCO
  • HarryAllan7
  • Lurker
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.