Round 18 - Broncos vs. Sharks - Post Match Discussion

Dude. The Rabbits became competitive when Russell Crowe came along and bought the competition. Not just the club, you're naive if you think his money only went into the club. He's got ridiculous influence in the ARLC, media etc.

Guaranteed within 5 years there'll be a Storm-like scandal related to his underhanded dealings.
I am only saying that this squad has been built over years. Not a wholesale spending spree like the Titans of two years ago and what is about to happen at the Eels and Dragons.
Every club needs to fill some positions from outside but our club has not been actively doing this for 3 years now and just prior to that bought players but I would question who and why they purchased the low calibre they did. We have a reasonable nucleus at present but need additions that are just not available, these players have come on the market and then gone

Crowe did not just come along and buy the competition. How long has he owned Souths now and they are only just becoming a force this year.

Last edited:
Err..actually Melbourne built a premiership winning team with none of them being superstars when they went there. Instead they became more highly valued with continuing success. Just like Splinter has pointed out that Souths have done. Of course Inglis was a star before joining Souths but Souths have built a good team otherwise, largely with lesser light players. I missed most of the match last night due to work commitments, how did Robson play ? I saw an ordinary bomb from him at the end but he must have been at least reasonable.

Weakest of four halves. Almost no involvement. When he did need to kick he was good though. Prince had a good running game and Wallace had a generally decent kicking game (not in opp20)

Robson had a shocker by his standards. a few poor knock ons. kicking game was good.

Thanks...checked his stats and they only had him down for one error but made quite a few tackles. Thanks for the update.

Really? I thought I saw at least 2. oh well. He was kept quiet because the forwards were dominated. Carney was the difference. he sparked things when they were struggling.

Active Now

• The Don
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • Old Mate
  • BruiserMk1
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.