Round 18 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
4461.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Mr Dragon - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 25, 2015
REACTIONS: 1,744
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
Missed it. I am doing paperwork

4517.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]bruce - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 1, 2015
REACTIONS: 26,981
When Lachlan Lewis first appeared I thought he looked the real deal.

Trainspotter

How people keep writing the Bunnies up as premiership threats have to be on something. They are cooked, just like the Roosters were once we beat them.

How people keep writing the Bunnies up as premiership threats have to be on something. They are cooked, just like the Roosters were once we beat them.
I think when they’re on they’re on.
But nobody is beating Melbourne.

4275.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]BeastMode - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 7, 2015
REACTIONS: 17,749
When Lachlan Lewis first appeared I thought he looked the real deal.
When he first appeared I thought he looked like a little brat

That's the issue, against the good teams, if your off your not getting back in. Too many mercurial players in one team.

They have lost 1 game more than Penrith and Melbourne. They are absolutely premiership threats. All that matters is form in the finals. Melbourne look unbeatable but there's almost two months until we're in the elimination games for the top 4.

1133.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Joshaz87 - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 5, 2011
So Pangai Junior to see out 2021 at the Panthers...?

"As a proud Kokatha, Naghiralgal and Dauareb-Meriam man it's incredible" Patty Mills

1133.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Joshaz87 - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 5, 2011
So Pangai Junior to see out 2021 at the Panthers...?

"As a proud Kokatha, Naghiralgal and Dauareb-Meriam man it's incredible" Patty Mills

Just goes to show, agitate for a release for a higher wage and potentially gain a premiership on the way out. This doesn’t sit right with me.

1133.jpg
8423.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Sproj - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 5, 2013

Just goes to show, agitate for a release for a higher wage and potentially gain a premiership on the way out. This doesn’t sit right with me.

Don't rule out Pangai Junior costing Penrith a finals game with a sin binning, or being sent off....

Probably no loss for them if they have to suspend him for visiting the bikies, I meant barber shop.

35.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Jordan - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 27, 2004
Doesn't seem too fair for me. Strengthening an already gun team.

People can discredit him for visiting a bikie barber shop or being a 'grub' or whatever but at the end of the day he has the potential to be the best forward in the game. He still makes an impact for the reigning wooden spooners, who knows how good he could be in a team like the Panthers where he'll be catching the ball with a scattered and retreating defensive line in front of him.

"In layman's terms, Parry is now the top dog in our football department." Laurence Lancini. July 29, 2018 .

1133.jpg
Doesn't seem too fair for me. Strengthening an already gun team.

People can discredit him for visiting a bikie barber shop or being a 'grub' or whatever but at the end of the day he has the potential to be the best forward in the game. He still makes an impact for the reigning wooden spooners, who knows how good he could be in a team like the Panthers where he'll be catching the ball with a scattered and retreating defensive line in front of him.

This could go either way. Great clubs don't tolerate d*ckheads, and the winning environment (and peer pressure to remain disciplined like everybody else) makes players afraid to stuff up.

But there are just some blokes that can't get right, and hurt the culture of even the top clubs.

1133.jpg

Don't rule out Pangai Junior costing Penrith a finals game with a sin binning, or being sent off....

Probably no loss for them if they have to suspend him for visiting the bikies, I meant barber shop.

I don't care about TPJ and I don't care about Penrith, I care that this sets an ugly precedent. TPJ has not been bad this year at all and he is a genuine gun player going to the premiership favourites for nothing, that isn't right. This will just continue to make the gulf between the good clubs and the rubbish ones like us even wider.

Not only that, this is also rewarding a player for allegedly meeting with another club while under contract directly leading to his current club being forced to jump on the front foot and boot him out.

So TPJ (more likely his agent, TPJ isn't this smart) has managed to 'legally' get a better offer from the Dogs and likely win a premiership on his way out. How can the NRL just be ok with these machinations? I'll answer it, they are incompetent that is why.

1133.jpg
8423.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Sproj - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 5, 2013

I don't care about TPJ and I don't care about Penrith, I care that this sets an ugly precedent. TPJ has not been bad this year at all and he is a genuine gun player going to the premiership favourites for nothing, that isn't right. This will just continue to make the gulf between the good clubs and the rubbish ones like us even wider.

Not only that, this is also rewarding a player for allegedly meeting with another club while under contract directly leading to his current club being forced to jump on the front foot and boot him out.

So TPJ (more likely his agent, TPJ isn't this smart) has managed to 'legally' get a better offer from the Dogs and likely win a premiership on his way out. How can the NRL just be ok with these machinations? I'll answer it, they are incompetent that is why.

I agree with your pain and frustration, but I am not sure the Broncos had any other choice (even if the NRL tightened the rules).

Kevie is a club legend, and a relatively new NRL coach. He and Ikin are trying to set new standards at the club, and can't have destablising forces ruining that (no matter even if they happen to be good players in their own right).

Maybe the Broncos thought.... well we aren't going to sack Kevie because he just got here, and the mess was create by Wayne and Anthony etc. But we can fix the joint up, and get two quality dudes for the price we were paying for Pangai who is extremely promising, and sometimes even MOTM, but most of the time, unreliable and an absolute flog who is a dressing room cancer.

1133.jpg

I agree with your pain and frustration, but I am not sure the Broncos had any other choice (even if the NRL tightened the rules).

Kevie is a club legend, and a relatively new NRL coach. He and Ikin are trying to set new standards at the club, and can't have destablising forces ruining that (no matter even if they happen to be good players in their own right).

Maybe the Broncos thought.... well we aren't going to sack Kevie because he just got here, and the mess was create by Wayne and Anthony etc. But we can fix the joint up, and get two quality dudes for the price we were paying for Pangai who is extremely promising, and sometimes even MOTM, but most of the time, unreliable and an absolute flog who is a dressing room cancer.

I am not sure if you would have seen it but this post has been liked.

1133.jpg
2179.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]The Who - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 29, 2010
I agree with that.
What I can't understand is that the Broncos are supposed to have all these gun players that other clubs are desperate to recruit (and are recruiting). If these guys are so good why is Brisbane so poor? I was astounded at how easily they capitulated against the Tugers on the weekend.

Talking 'bout my g-g-generation

They got blooded into the NRL at the wrong time.

Bennett left a mess at the Broncos (that the media doesn't call him out for because he is Bennett).

Siebold comes in, and in trying to fix the mess, acts as extreme as a footy forum person proposes by wanting to drop nearly everybody for a young player or reserve grader.

In fixing Bennett's mess, Seibold left his own mess. Now Kevie is trying to fix both of their combined messes. All while this is happening, the young players have faced hiding after hiding, and while losing, the discipline has slipped up or worsened for those who are inclined to be that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Culhwch
  • Justwin
  • Jazza
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Old Mate
  • Strop
  • Xzei
  • winslow_wong
  • broncsgoat
  • Financeguy
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • kman
  • PETERN
  • Battler
  • Bronx48
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Wolfie
  • eggstar10
... and 74 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.