Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
an unnecessary winger on the bench.... the Seibs legacy :')
Coates will replace Oates on the wing while Oatesy does a stint in the 2nd row. Rather than start Coates on the wing we let Oates start and soak up the initial 20 minutes of the opposition's energy. This way we start with cover for our backline and pack for the possible setback of any HIAs.

I would want to get Coates on a wing at some time as his ariel capability is quite good and will only get better the more he gets to challenge for the high ball in a real pressure situation that only a real NRL game permits.

If we had more troops and we were able to play the younger guys in ISC this would all not be necessary.

On another note I'll miss seeing young Riki this week. His enthusiasm is infectious. All because that little shit Cleary milked for a crusher.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Every game now is like counting down christmas as kid. Only 3 more games of Darius Boyd...
Give it a rest. It's hardly original or clever. As if DB was responsible for the Broncos season. Your next target will be Milford I suppose. Things aren't going to magically be better when DB retires.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
Give it a rest. It's hardly original or clever. As if DB was responsible for the Broncos season. Your next target will be Milford I suppose. Things aren't going to magically be better when DB retires.
Darius Boyd has arguably been better than Milford in 2020.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Darius Boyd has arguably been better than Milford in 2020.
He's been quite solid right throughout the season. I just wish some developed the ability to see the 'now' without blurred vision but it's too much to ask for. Terrible season overall but not down to just one player. Clusterfuck for many reasons.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
He's been quite solid right throughout the season. I just wish some developed the ability to see the 'now' without blurred vision but it's too much to ask for. Terrible season overall but not down to just one player. Clusterfuck for many reasons.
We would have scored a lot more points with Darius at fullback all year and it would be hard to imagine we would have conceded more.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
We would have scored a lot more points with Darius at fullback all year and it would be hard to imagine we would have conceded more.
You're a weird bastard. You write some terrible stuff and some good stuff, even a bit in the middle too. I never thought dropping DB from the captaincy was right but I could see how others thought it might help. I knew moving him was wrong though and always felt that if everyone was doing a good job he wouldn't need to stop 3 and 4 attackers running at him.

If I was in charge you can be certain I'd never run with a youth policy, I'd have at least four hard nuts in my team. 3 average, mature age joe hardman forwards and an angry centre. Emphasis would be on hitting guys from the sternum down in defence. Wrapping arms up really isn't as important when the attacker is using one to carry the ball and one to arrest his fall!. Great tackles are not rewarded. They do however stop top heavy muscle machines from making post contact metres and amazingly hurt them much more frequently than upper chest tackles do.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I'm just happy Glenn is back.

This will be the first time in a long time, but I'm tipping a Broncos win this week. I just think we may have finally turned a corner and even Comfortable Footy might pull his finger out and have a big game to prove a point to his new club.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
I'm just happy Glenn is back.

This will be the first time in a long time, but I'm tipping a Broncos win this week. I just think we may have finally turned a corner and even Comfortable Footy might pull his finger out and have a big game to prove a point to his new club.
Yeh-nah!

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
Not sure if I can handle losing to the titans this time, it might do me in. 😩😩😩

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Usually what happens with titans games is in game 1 for the year they come out hard to try and get one up on big brother and the broncos come out complacent and get caught off guard.

In the second game the fanfare isn't really there to build-up the game and the titans usually don't come out all guns blazing like the first game, typically leading to a broncos win.

This year may be a little different... titans are chest out at the moment and riding some confidence about being the best team in qld... even though they are sitting in 13th. The media will try to hype this one up with Fifita changing teams and the broncos still down the bottom.

It's hard to get a gauge on the mentality of the titans leading into this one... will they be fired up and stay on top of us or will they be complacent having already beaten us and not really having anything to play for (finals being out of reach and no chance of getting the spoon).

I think the broncos have a better mentality at the moment, but the cattle is still missing... our middle still looks weak with no TPJ, Lodge, Flegler or even Riki... and also no Turps for that high energy defence in the middle. We could also use Milford at the moment with the revitalised mentality that we are taking into games. Dearden is cementing his place, but I feel he needs more from the rest of the spine to assist him in attack.

One thing that is a bonus is having two 80 minute back rowers, which should help with rotation through the middle.

It will be interesting to see if Fifita moves back to the right with Glenn being back. I prefer Fifita being outside Dearden... Dearden was providing nice balls to Teo last week, but he wasn't able to break through the line at all so the ball playing that Dearden was putting on was going to waste. Whereas on the left it seemed disjointed and SOS couldn't really bring Fifita into the game... Fifita also always looks to come back in field on the left as well, which has him standing flat footed and fucking up any rhythm out there.

Last edited:
Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016

It won't fix the problems, but things will be better and thats what counts. Team list tuesdays will be that much better. I can't wait.

Last edited:
T

Thelmus

NRL Player
Apr 19, 2016
Usually what happens with titans games is in game 1 for the year they come out hard to try and get one up on big brother and the broncos come out complacent and get caught off guard.

In the second game the fanfare isn't really there to build-up the game and the titans usually don't come out all guns blazing like the first game, typically leading to a broncos win.

This year may be a little different... titans are chest out at the moment and riding some confidence about being the best team in qld... even though they are sitting in 13th.

The media will try to hype this one up with Fifita changing teams and the broncos still down the bottom.

It's hard to get a gauge on the mentality of the titans leading into this one... will they be fired up and stay on top of us or will they be complacent having already beaten us and not really having anything to play for (finals being out of reach and no chance of getting the spoon).

I think the broncos have a better mentality at the moment, but the cattle is still missing... our middle still looks weak with no TPJ, Lodge, Flegler or even Riki... and also no Turps for that high energy defence in the middle. We could also use Milford at the moment with the revitalised mentality that we are taking into games. Dearden is cementing his place, but I feel he needs more from the rest of the spine to assist him in attack.

One thing that is a bonus is having two 80 minute back rowers, which should help with rotation through the middle.

It will be interesting to see if Fifita moves back to the right with Glenn being back. I prefer Fifita being outside Dearden... Dearden was providing nice balls to Teo last week, but he wasn't able to break through the line at all so the ball playing that Dearden was putting on was going to waste. Whereas on the left it seemed disjointed and SOS couldn't really bring Fifita into the game... Fifita also always looks to come back in field on the left as well, which has him standing flat footed and fucking up any rhythm out there.
It's usually a case of the broncos not firing up and taking the titans for granted, them playing their "origin", and the broncos trying to catch up after a slow start.
Could it be that they for first time ever take the win for granted?

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
It's usually a case of the broncos not firing up and taking the titans for granted, them playing their "origin", and the broncos trying to catch up after a slow start.
Could it be that they for first time ever take the win for granted?
That's what I'm wondering... the titans can start slow and rely on their defence to not let things get out of hand before they kick into gear.

If this was a Friday night game the hype would be there (titans on prime time to play a derby against big brother), but I just wonder if the titans will be able to get themselves up for this game with not much fanfare happening for either team. Seibold is gone so the constant negatives around the broncos are gone... things are almost quiet around Red Hill for the first time this year!!

I'm sure if they score they will be cocky ***** about it, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're up for it... just means they're being arrogant despite sitting in 13th and would actually mean they are vulnerable to being complacent.

If the broncos turn up then it shouldn't be a walkover, but I worry that our strike is currently sitting on the sidelines and maybe we won't be able to take advantage of any early possession we may get... and we are still very vulnerable on the edges so we will need a fair few points to win this game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Broncorob
  • mitch222
  • FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
  • Bish
  • Galah
  • Culhwch
  • Brocko
  • Waynesaurus
  • BRC088
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.