Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Te Maire in reserves. That means he'll be back next week. Maybe Tesi will move to centre.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Te Maire in reserves. That means he'll be back next week. Maybe Tesi will move to centre.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Tesi get a crack there.

He's been average defensively, but attack wise he's been good the past couple of weeks and has been a real handful for the opposition. He's willing to take the game on and look to create opportunities.

I don't think we'll be worse off defensively having Niu there over Lee, and we'll have more speed and spark on that left side.

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
I never go into an Eels game with confidence they just get up for us but we are better placed than we have been for a long time.

It is a vital game for our top 4 aspirations, if we lose it will be two wins out and we could be leap frogged by teams like Parra
It wasn’t long ago I wasnt confident going into Bulldogs games. And now they’re on the up that probably won’t change.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
A return to the Broncos of recent years will definitely NOT happen.

Of that I am confident. We certainly can win against these pumpkins but this one will definitely come down to how cohesive our forward pack is on the night. Parra have some heavy artillery up the middle. If we can match them we are a real solid chance.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I predict the ref is going to destroy us.
Interesting you should say that: only three teams have been penalized less than us, and the one who's been penalized least is the Eels.

The last time we had Gerard Sutton was in Round 12 where we beat the Titans 35: 24. In that game we won the penalty count 4:8. And the Titans are one of the other teams less penalized than us.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Get ready for a statement to be made.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I actually wouldn't mind seeing Tesi get a crack there.

He's been average defensively, but attack wise he's been good the past couple of weeks and has been a real handful for the opposition. He's willing to take the game on and look to create opportunities.

I don't think we'll be worse off defensively having Niu there over Lee, and we'll have more speed and spark on that left side.
He’s had a crack there. Got dropped because he was nonexistent in defence.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014

I can't imagine defending the centres would be any easier than defending at fullback.

You have the make split second defensive decisions with full commitment and the way the centre reacts makes it so the man on his outside has to follow suit, get it wrong and they probably score untouched.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I can only guess that Gamble has been dropped because our bench would be too small with Paix, Kobe and Gamble all there... also noting that Kobe comes on for Pat at lock, so where would Gamble come on, unless we want to run with Kobe and Gamble in the middle for a period of the game, which isn't ideal.

I think for Gamble to get onto the bench we would need to move Pat to prop and Kobe to lock, with Gamble and Kobe to share the lock duties... then we have Flegs and Jensen on the bench for the prop rotation.

I do like that as a rotation; however Patty has just come off winning the Wally Lewis medal and has been very good for us in that 13 jersey, including his ball playing, which I think has improved a lot this year. Although it's likely he is also playing a bit of prop throughout the game when Kobe is on at the same time.

It could be something we look to transition to over the next preseason, but not necessarily something you look to jump to in the middle of the season... maybe we revisit it near the backend of the year pending how Kobe, Gamble and Palasia are looking.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I can only guess that Gamble has been dropped because our bench would be too small with Paix, Kobe and Gamble all there... also noting that Kobe comes on for Pat at lock, so where would Gamble come on, unless we want to run with Kobe and Gamble in the middle for a period of the game, which isn't ideal.

I think for Gamble to get onto the bench we would need to move Pat to prop and Kobe to lock, with Gamble and Kobe to share the lock duties... then we have Flegs and Jensen on the bench for the prop rotation.

I do like that as a rotation; however Patty has just come off winning the Wally Lewis medal and has been very good for us in that 13 jersey, including his ball playing, which I think has improved a lot this year. Although it's likely he is also playing a bit of prop throughout the game when Kobe is on at the same time.

It could be something we look to transition to over the next preseason, but not necessarily something you look to jump to in the middle of the season... maybe we revisit it near the backend of the year pending how Kobe, Gamble and Palasia are looking.
Or Gamble just twiddles his thumbs waiting for one of the halves to get injured. Which always happens.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I guess Gamble is injured, he looked a bit ginger when he came off last week. It would be odd for him to not even be on the reserves list if he was fit.

Our bench should be the trump card, with injuries and games out, it is arguably as good as or perhaps even better than a number of our starters and that is exactly what you want, a cracking engine room.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

That was when the team were getting flogged on a weekly basis and down on confidence. Even our gun players looked bad.

I’m willing to forget about the performances from that period and give him a crack in a side that’s going well and full of confidence.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
I'm hoping my first visit to Commbank coincides with the Bronco's maiden victory at the ground. It's a hell of an ask though. The weather conditions are going to be downright nasty and the venue is pretty imposing to visiting teams. But the Top 4 is almost guaranteed if they can scrape out a W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dee
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.