Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I get why people complain about it. Arey wouldnt have done anything to stop that try. The rule is stupid, but its the rule, and its obstruction, so no point complaining it was given, complain to the NRL to change it.
Nah I don't agree, it isn't about whether the player that gets knocked over can get there to make the tackle it is about that it throws off the entire sliding defense. Players that would have been sliding further over now need to cover a larger gap than they should have to. You know this.

There's a difference between diving on a ball and rolling onto your back and refusing to get up.

He was gaining an advantage by not continuing the play as he would have been bailed into touch.

Options are pretty thin how to treat that, blow the penalty or let them have a solid "crack" at getting them over the line.
What happens if no one touches the player lying on the ground in a voluntary tackle?

Oh @McHunt the Broncos were penalised last night for obstructing the kick chase .
Your pet the last cpl of weeks .
No one is talking about that but ?
Ah yes, the @john1420 plan where you break the rules while the ref is looking the other way. Never saw that coming.

Nah I don't agree, it isn't about whether the player that gets knocked over can get there to make the tackle it is about that it throws off the entire sliding defense. Players that would have been sliding further over now need to cover a larger gap than they should have to. You know this.

I dont agree either 😄 i think if they all stick to their jobs they cover things like that. They need to adapt on the fly. He could have just slipped over for example instead of being knocked over and we would still have needed to adjust and stay on track.

Still think the rule in its current state is no good.

294334915 10227717157102662 791649190813853161 n

I dont agree either 😄 i think if they all stick to their jobs they cover things like that. They need to adapt on the fly. He could have just slipped over for example instead of being knocked over and we would still have needed to adjust and stay on track.

Still think the rule in its current state is no good.
Yes he could have slipped over but he didn’t he was bowled over illegally.

I don’t follow your logic, whether or not we can cover the incident is irrelevant if the incident is illegal.

The issue with obstruction calls is that they'll often leave it to interpretation. Often they'll acknowledge that an obstruction has occurred but it didn't impact the play or it was a defensive decision and play on. Last night I was fairly confident once Reynolds went down they'd likely call it back. However, I was expecting them to call it a defensive decision by Reynolds since he could have slid off Makatoa before contact was initiated. That would have made it a 5-3 Eels play, so on probability, the Eels would have iced it.

Again, I was happy the official used common sense and penalised Makatoa for knocking Reynolds over but as long as you leave it to interpretation there's always going to be confusion.

Yes he could have slipped over but he didn’t he was bowled over illegally.

I don’t follow your logic, whether or not we can cover the incident is irrelevant if the incident is illegal.

Its pretty simple. I didnt dispute under the current rules thats its not illegal. I said i can see why people dont like the rule. Plenty of players get taken out and they have no impact on the play. Its happened to us previously. The interpretation of the rule is flawed imo.

You've never seen loose carry decisions before? Player gets tackled, hands may be around the ball but no deliberate raking/hands on the ball = loose carry called.

Happens plenty of times each week.

I’ve seen plenty of loose carry decisions before. I’ve seen plenty where the player making the tackle touches the ball with the arm/hand and it being called back for a knock on even when not playing at the ball. I can’t say I’ve seen one of them let go before last night.

I’ve seen plenty of loose carry decisions before. I’ve seen plenty where the player making the tackle touches the ball with the arm/hand and it being called back for a knock on even when not playing at the ball. I can’t say I’ve seen one of them let go before last night.

Hopefully this is how they are going to rule of those sorts of situations from now on.

Has never made sense that they have called knock on against the defending team when they clearly weren't playing at the ball.

**** I love that they sing the old song.

When they've sung the new song over the last few years it's been such a dour mood and half of them don't seem to know the words... but it seems like they're just waiting for the real song to be sung, which is great.

I'd imagine that was definitely a Kevvie / Alf initiative to get them singing the old song.

Active Now

• Browny
  • Ondi
  • Culhwch
  • broncos4life
  • bert_lifts
  • sooticus
  • Lazza
  • Lurker
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.