PRE-GAME [Round 19, 2024] Broncos vs Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just need to not expect too much from this game and reboot our season after Origin now.
I really disagree
This is a very winnable game and our opponent is missing their 2 best players
If we drop this game we can only lose one other game for the rest of the season to make the 8 (unless we get lucky)

Va'a Semu

He comes off the bench for Souths Logan. As you can see he's a big body but even by Cup standards, he's a developing player.

Broncos promoted him to development deal a month ago and NRL deal for 25, 26 and 27.

They must have thought a month ago they could use him soon. I agree his form hasn't been pick me but choices might be thin. He's been good off the bench for Souths. His defence is excellent and it's not often you can say that about a Magpie. If he can defend well for 20 minutes, then Broncos might have a bench use out of him.

I mean he can play there, and that way you could bring on Mozer. Although I don't know if that makes the team any better (especially defensively).
Would allow us to use the only healthy position in the squad with our 4 hookers... although did Paix get injured??

7. Billy
9. Smoothy

14. Mozer

I understand the Mozer > Smoothy argument but it’s a side ways move especially right now
I think last night showed why Mozer needs to be getting through consistent high quality minutes before they take the leap.

We lost our 7 last night and Smoothy had to play extended minutes... if they bring Mozer in and suddenly he's required to 60mins like Smoothy last night... then the club need to be confident he will get through it.

Even when we lose a forward or a back sometimes Smoothy is required to spend time at lock. He's more of a tackle bot when he's at lock so it's not always going to be quality, but is Mozer or Billy able to do that if the team needed them to.

I think Mozer gets picked against the dragons and Smoothy spends some time at lock, because we have no one left, so hopefully he gets to spend some serious minutes there and provides us with something to give the coaching staff some thoughts.

I really disagree
This is a very winnable game and our opponent is missing their 2 best players
If we drop this game we can only lose one other game for the rest of the season to make the 8 (unless we get lucky)

We will likely have Patty, Payne, Cobbo and Walshy out for this game after the big Origin game. Its going to be tough.

I think last night showed why Mozer needs to be getting through consistent high quality minutes before they make the jump.

We lost our 7 last night and Smoothy had to play extended minutes... if they bring Mozer in and suddenly he's required to 60mins like Smoothy last night... then the club need to be confident he will get through it.

Even when we lose a forward or a back sometimes Smoothy is required to spend time at lock. He's more of a tackle bot when he's at lock so it's not always going to be quality, but is Mozer or Billy able to do that if the team needed them to.

I think Mozer gets picked against the dragons and Smoothy spends some time at lock, because we have no one left, so hopefully he gets to spend some serious minutes there and provides us with something to give the coaching staff some thoughts.

I'd love to see all three hookers get picked and Mozer to play so well he can't be left out the week after.

We just need to not expect too much from this game and reboot our season after Origin now.
Problem is we’re going to have to win in Newcastle so our origin guys may need to back up

We will likely have Patty, Payne, Cobbo and Walshy out for this game after the big Origin game. Its going to be tough.
It's before Origin. This game is 13/7 and Origin is 17/7. They're in doubt for the Knights game on the 20/7.

Records are made to be broken. If anyone can do it, its us.
Outside backs got mauled against the best coming out of out own 10m. Weak bench. No depth.

We will fly direct to Newcastle though
They flew home from Sydney after game 1 and then played against Sharks.

More that after game 2 they would've been flying home and then jumping straight onto a plane to NZ... post Game 3 is less disruptive

They flew home from Sydney after game 1 and then played against Sharks.

More that after game 2 they would've been flying home and then jumping straight onto a plane to NZ... post Game 3 is less disruptive
I agree. Bummer it’s not a home game though. The travel no good for them
That said 2 days at home before travelling Friday arvo isn’t too bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • davidp
  • sooticus
  • Tim K
  • MrMoore
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • I bleed Maroon
  • johnny plath
  • ostin86
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Dash
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.