Round 19 - Broncos vs Warriors - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
yep if we start a set in their 20m zone we look lost. if we start around half way and just get that roll forward going we look likely to score.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Reed is out for 4-6 weeks it is a fracture.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
You called it 'your' dilemma when referring to the Broncos backline. Think before you post.

You could criticise any backline in the game, there isn't a Storm of 07 backline in the competition, yet you only singled out the Broncos. With or without Reed, there's little that separates us against the majority of the competition and I don't believe backs play that big a role in a success of a side.

It was believed Reed would have been back at the finals even if suspicions were proven correct, so no cause for alarm really.

Also, no, we don't need to be like the Canterbury-Bankstown horders and buy other teams reggie rejects when we have representative reserve graders absolutely dying to play first grade for a club they love.

I'm not going to get into the whole backline argument (although I do think we have a good backline even with the injuries) but I'd like to add that I think Gagai wasn't "not good enough" but rather wasn't selected due to off field issues.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
who was saying how we seem to face teams as soon as they hit form?

warriors played good footy today. if they keep that up they are going to be dangerous (though two weeks in a long time in warrior land).

best mateo has played all year and the first time in weeks he's taken on the line and looked dangerous

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Warriors were shit. Hodges will rip them a new one. Target them on the fringes and we should score plenty

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
oh, were they? i was doing some work while half watching. i heard the commentators getting pretty excited a fair, but i guess they are the kiwis blokes

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
How did the Warriors go today against North QLD?

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
They weren't completely terrible. I think people expected them to beat the weakened Cowboys more easily, but the Cowboys played decent.

They play the Titans next week, which should be interesting. They seem to lift for us though.

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
This is just the type of match we need coming off the bye. The Origin players will have had a 9 day break and the rest of the squad will be fresh from the week off so everyone should be on song.

Which Warriors side will turn up? We'll probably get a bit of both hot and cold. Warriors haven't strung together a consistent 80 minutes all season and it's unlikely they'll get it completely right next Friday.

Quietly confident.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Our best strategy is to just try and pin them in their own end with our forward pack, like we did against Souffs, and then hope our attack clicks or at least gets some lucky passes away.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
we should be able to shut them down. they were alright against the titans but titans were really quite poor. we will have the muscle in the forwards to just work them over.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
This is an important game.

Going in I think we're the superior side and should win but you can't underestimate the Warriors. If they're 'on' I don't think we'll be able to match them for points and will find it difficult to match them in the middle.

Just like last time.

user has gone out of his way to make us aware of the hoodoo which has me shaking in my boots. Would love to see us end the pattern here but Rugby League is a peculiar game & I reckon we'll have a real fight on our hands here.

Hopefully our spine performs. My eyes will be well & truly on them.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
This is an important game.

Going in I think we're the superior side and should win but you can't underestimate the Warriors. If they're 'on' I don't think we'll be able to match them for points and will find it difficult to match them in the middle.

Well, if we can't match them for points, then how can we be the superior side?

I think we will match them up the middle. I believe our forwards will lay down the right platform, in fact I reckon our forwards can hold their own against any opposition. It's how we score our points that is of particular interest to me. It's the way Macca, Norman and Wallace take control that's critical.

We really can't afford to stuff around from here on. The top sides are beginning to show their finals credentials now.

For mine, the true test for this season at least, of how we handle the post-Lockyer era starts with this game.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
The Warriors attack is much more dangerous than ours, with the likes of Johnson and Maloney in the halves. But I'm positive our pack can limit their opportunities by dominating field position.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Warriors defense is shit. We will waltz through them on the edges.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
rnabokov said:
Well, if we can't match them for points, then how can we be the superior side?

Because they're rarely 'on'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Jazza
  • Financeguy
  • Brocko
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Big Del
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • TimWhatley
  • Skyblues87
  • Galah
  • Fozz
  • winslow_wong
  • bb_gun
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.