Round 19 - Broncos vs Warriors - Post Match Discussion

I think I saw the incident where he broke it too. If it's the one I'm thinking of, he dead set broke it by just walking backwards in the ingoal.

Strangest broken leg.

Kid was walking around alright.

Heard it was just an ankle.

Got the info from a journo on twitter who said Hook believes Copley has a suspected broken leg

Twitter journo says broken leg

Broncos.com reporting shin

Courier Mail reporting ankle.

What are the odds it's actually a wrist injury. :tongue_smilie:

Well I suppose if Hook said suspected broken leg he must have no idea.

Settle beads. Big Pete just saying nobody out there seems to know. The fact they sent him to hospital lends weight to the thought it might be a fracture.

Dislocated hip.

We shouldn't have won that game, but we should've won the Manly game. Swings and roundabouts.

First game post origin, we'll be better. McCullough outstanding as well as Parker and Thaiday so courageous playing on with what could've been a broken jaw. Goalkicking owes us a victory and tonight that was it.

let me firstly say i am thankful we have a pretty disciplined defensive team that does the basics right. we don't (often) drop the ball in our own half and our forwards work really hard and are absolutely superb.

but this attack issue is getting laughable. our attack is so two dimensional and uninspired it is depressing. i was at the game and my eyes are a little poor, but where does hoffman go when we have the ball? he seems to disappear from the field. FLAT FLAT FLAT. where are the inside runners, short balls, second man option.. etc. admittedly we had to reshuffle again because of injury but that doesnt excuse it. and yes yes it was wet. but come on. aside from the usual solo efforts, we dont even look like scoring a try when we start sets within the opposition 20. i feel alot better/confident if we start from around the halfway because we can often create a bust up the middle with a short ball/dummy.

our attack looks like one of them crappy rugby league computer games. all players in a straight line. you can either pass left, or pass right.

maybe alfie should get out of their ears and let em play footy.

/frustrated.

Last edited:
Hunt to halfback, Beale to fullback - in a deep attacking line.

Wont happen but would help our attack immensely.

If thats a broken leg then Copley is tough, coz he was limping around for a while in the defensive line and then finally got taken off.

anyways, this was the first game after origin, and we are traditionally very flat in this game. so im stoked with a win. we will be better next week. I really fear Wallace is in one of those form slumps that he cant get out of ala late 2010.

I thought we went ok really. Hook has said he wants to base our game on D and that's what we did. I don't agree with the philosophy myself because I think you should have a crack at winning a game rather than try to just outlast the opposition but that is how he has called it.

If this is how we are going to play it then we need a to improve our kicking game ( find the grass more often) and make better decisions when we do make a break ( Hunt tonight ). Also the box needs to let the captain call a shot for goal, I know we won tonight because of goalkicks but we were lucky , we were all over them when we took that first penalty, it was a bad read of the game IMO.

Not sure why everyone seems so down about our performance... I'm delighted!

The Warriors played quite well, yet time and time again our defence stood strong and gave them absolutely nothing.

You can complain about our attack, but to be honest, we didn't really get that many chances to attack - it was an end to end, entertaining game, but no team really set up camp in the opposition's half - both teams displayed some excellent defence.

Gutsy performance and one we can build on. Happy with it.

Attack is non existent. Parramatta had more dangerous attack tonight. Just because our defense is so good doesn't mean we should neglect our attack. Broncos are a very tough team don't get me wrong but the top sides can put two or three quick tries on us in the big games and I can't see us coming back unless it's through flukey lucky tries. There is no go to set play in crunch situations

On another note, I laughed for about five minutes straight during the call when Lockyer said he expected Copley would come back later in the match, at the exact moment Channel Nine showed him in the sheds in a fresh change of clothes. It was brilliant. :haha:

Loved the play the Warriors scored on through Vatuvei. It's a play that works really well in touch and should theoretically work better in league. It's simple but if done properly and quickly very hard to defend.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Lurker
  • Broncorob
  • Xzei
  • Horseheadsup
  • broncoscope
  • Galah
  • Allo
  • Manofoneway
  • kman
  • Broncs1459
  • Battler
  • TimWhatley
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mr Fourex
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.