CROSS FORUM Round 19 Discussion

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
747.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Mark from Brisbane - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .October 2, 2008
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
1769.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Foordy - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 3, 2008

both.

the club prefer Sunday games because they have always tended to get higher crowds to these games

JOIN THE #KEVOLUTION
Interesting, the club , and the fans want Sunday games but don’t get a choice.

The power of TV.

Fan for over 50 years and founder of the Manly Warringah Travelling Supporters, you can also follow me on Twitter @MarkTramby Enjoying the retired life and all that brings.

Isn't one of the popular theories doing the rounds that it was Channel 9 who called for all these rule changes to open the game up and add more gimmicks like the 2 point field goal?

Looking at the Panthers lists of outs, it was probably a blessing in disguise that the game wasn't on prime time. If Melbourne puts a score on them it doesn't do much for the finals.

My titans mate (has one of the 2, Don is the other) just messaged me about fifitas game today. Said he looked like a million dollar player today.....

Coming off the bench against the dragons reserve grade side and they swapped his side of the field to catch the opposition off guard... Yep.... that's a $1.35 million player alright haha...
I honestly don't see the problem. He had the most run metres of any forward in the game, just about scored two tries on his own and had both a line break assist and absolutely gifted Marzhew a try.

Is being able to play both sides of the field well not an advantage? Not as if we lost anything replacing Proctor. I personally thought it was good to see our game plan adapted to the team we were versing.

No Norman so let's say reserve grade side. pshh Fogarty has better stats than him this seasons ffs. I tend to agree with your mate. He won us the game plain and simple.

2179.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]The Who - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 29, 2010
[/st_td_row][st_td]Lockysillegitimatechild - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 10, 2015

Ye true... the wall we built blocking out all the scouts from other NRL clubs has worked a treat! You do realise around 40% of players in the NRL are from Queensland right. Do the maths, every club has scouts up here. In fact, per person I reckon there would be more up here then in Sydney haha and even when Brisbane do develop a player they just get pinched with big money offers from other clubs anyway, thanks to no reward in development (Sydney clubs love this!) and the salary cap (invented originally so clubs like your tiny sea village club could keep up with big clubs without folding)...

Your thinking is exactly the type of thinking that holds rugby league back worldwide, same thinking in the north of England. Instead of thinking "hey,the Broncos make money, the rest of us don't-that's unfair! They have an advantage!" Why not thibk WHY ARE CLUBS THAT ARE INCREDIBLY UNSUCCESFUL OFF THE FIELD/FINANCIALLY/WITH FAN NUMBERS getting helped out and kept in the top league?! The NRL/arlc should grow the game, not constantly try to make it fairly pulling big clubs back.

I look forward to the day a Queensland side has a competitive club in the NRL.
Perhaps one of those new clubs will be competitive? Better still, why don't Queensland re-locate the Storm to Brisbane? The Broncos fans could then have a decent team to support.

Talking 'bout my g-g-generation

2179.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]The Who - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 29, 2010

I look forward to the day a Queensland side has a competitive club in the NRL.
Perhaps one of those new clubs will be competitive? Better still, why don't Queensland re-locate the Storm to Brisbane? The Broncos fans could then have a decent team to support.

There probably actually already are more Storm fans in Qld than there are in Melbourne.

2179.jpg
8423.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Sproj - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 5, 2013

There probably actually already are more Storm fans in Qld than there are in Melbourne.

So the NRL should simply re-locate the Storm to Brisbane. Melbournians haven't really embraced rugby league, and the Storm haven't development many local products, so let's just play RL in the two States that follow the sport. It would also mean the NRL wouldn't have to expand the number of clubs.

2179.jpg
So the NRL should simply re-locate the Storm to Brisbane. Melbournians haven't really embraced rugby league, and the Storm haven't development many local products, so let's just play RL in the two States that follow the sport. It would also mean the NRL wouldn't have to expand the number of clubs.

But then the AFL wins, and the NRL just doesn't have the guts to admit that the people in Melbourne will never embrace League. So instead the NRL will continue to prop up the Storm on and off the field in order to keep their bandwagoners interested. If the Storm ever went through 2-3 years of not being a genuine premiership threat I guarantee their members would halve.

But then the AFL wins, and the NRL just doesn't have the guts to admit that the people in Melbourne will never embrace League. So instead the NRL will continue to prop up the Storm on and off the field in order to keep their bandwagoners interested. If the Storm ever went through 2-3 years of not being a genuine premiership threat I guarantee their members would halve.
Half my son’s footy team are storm supporters, none of them are from Melbourne 🙄🤮 (I’m talking the dad’s too)

Half my son’s footy team are storm supporters, none of them are from Melbourne 🙄🤮 (I’m talking the dad’s too)

That's the exact point - would any of them be supporters if not for the fact that they are winning the comp every 2-3 years? Of course not. The fact that they had / have some Queensland heavy hitters is just a pitiful excuse. Lazy bandwagoners want to support a winner, and they'll use any excuse to justify any tenuous link they can manufacture. The NRL know this, which is why they prop up teams like the Storm and Titans because of essentially strategic / political reasons (ie, they want to be seen as having a foothold in those areas despite it not being justified via genuine fan/community interest).

That's the exact point - would any of them be supporters if not for the fact that they are winning the comp every 2-3 years? Of course not. The fact that they had / have some Queensland heavy hitters is just a pitiful excuse. Lazy bandwagoners want to support a winner, and they'll use any excuse to justify any tenuous link they can manufacture. The NRL know this, which is why they prop up teams like the Storm and Titans because of essentially strategic / political reasons (ie, they want to be seen as having a foothold in those areas despite it not being justified via genuine fan/community interest).
Agree. They’re despicable human beings. Worst of society.

Agree. They’re despicable human beings. Worst of society.

I don't know if you're talking about bandwagoners, or the NRL powerbrokers, but whichever it is I agree, even if you're not being super serious.

3558.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]globaleagle - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .October 7, 2011
Are we still doing these? I didn't see a round 20... unless it too got locked down?

2.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Dan - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 15, 2004
Are we still doing these? I didn't see a round 20... unless it too got locked down?
We didnt set one up for some reason. I was a little jaded last week with so much going on with Covid

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.

2.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Dan - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 15, 2004

We didnt set one up for some reason. I was a little jaded last week with so much going on with Covid

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
I wondered what happened.

Surely Turbo brings you joy.

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • Evander
  • Mustafur
  • Johnny92
  • Brocko
  • Aldo
  • Organix
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mr Fourex
  • Foordy
  • Jazza
  • Fozz
  • broncos4life
  • PETERN
  • Battler
  • kman
  • cento
  • Justwin
  • kiwi2
  • FACTHUNT
... and 32 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.