Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Big Ups to the Donkos for lowering themselves to our level. We would not of beaten any other NRL team tonight!

good luck next week for the Spoon race [emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23]
Not of ... [emoji2357]

Bullemor did a great Fifita impersonation tonight, one really good run and then I couldn't find him on the field for the rest of the game.

Maybe we should pay him $1.25m??
Mal's back on the phone

He left a few holes, but generally better then normal from centre, but atleast he doesn't get bulldozed like SoS and Croft by the opposing forwards.

His kicking was good too

I was so hoping to watch Gamble tonight. And I still can't fathom how it's legal for an attacking player to effectively king hit a defender with a deliberate shoulder turn to the head. Duty of care? What a joke

Last edited:
What peeves me off most about this team isn't the losses but some of the efforts of players who are old enough to do what is required but just don't have the application.
I seriously would have hooked Oates halfway through that first half. From his inept catching to his abandoning of the wing twice (once saved by an errant pass) he was presenting everything that is wrong with this team.
Another example was offa's arm grabbing that left a hole bigger than milford's stomach and allow them to score.
The players should not be allowed to be picked two weeks in a row after those kinds of efforts and Oates performance was exactly that.
We have a ready substitute in Kennar and there is no way Oates has justified being selected ahead of him, but our coaches or what ever passes for that title seem to be as haphazard as the players in accepting mediocrity.
It's one thing to be blown away by a red hot roosters or penrith but parra were no where near it.
To be fair, some players were good in admittedly not the worst performance (we have plenty of diabolical ones to choose from) but until we have some accountability there is no way this club goes anywhere.
As for those better players, I thought both staggs and dearden tried hard to ignite a very look warm attack, and fiffita played like he cared a bit more but I'm struggling.
Certainly our kicking wasn't great but it would be harsh to expect a rookie half dealing with a make shift halves partner, and forwards who regularly dial in their games to do better when it isn't his strong suite.
Between now and next seasons start we need to be working on fitness, defensive line speed, and getting our forwards to time their carries something closer to the advantage line.
The other two are obvious, but the way our forwards meet their hit ups it isn't hard to see how we lose our ruck. The amount of times I be seen them try and make yards from standing starts, or have to hooker or half go looking for them to pass it sometimes directly behind the ruck almost should have them hanging their heads in shame.
But after all that the worst thing is attitude. Hopoate is a mediocre player, but one he doesn't lack is effort. He has terrible tackling and virtually no attacking skills with the ball but at least he keeps showing up on his watch. I'd frankly pick him for that reason alone. It's what we need most and if selecting an awful journeyman ahead of some overpaid, under performing potential talent sparks redress of our deficiencies in attitude in effort I'd happily wear the losses.
More than losing, I want those "don't care" performances gone.

Unread

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Old Mate
  • sooticus
  • Xzei
  • levikaden
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.