PRE-GAME Round 19 - Titans vs Broncos

lynx000

NRL Captain
Waiting to win lotto
They are being Top 8 teases atm but they will pull up well short. They would have to chase one down of either Newc, Pen or Parra but those teams are on a different level to the Broncos and it just won't happen. Should beat GC (no guarantee) but I can't see them winning any of the following four matches. Play the Dogs to finish the season but it will be one of those nothing games where the result won't mean anything. Despite a 3 game unbeaten streak, the Broncos just aren't playing well enough to even slightly dream of a playoff spot. Will finish 11th or 12th.
You a miserable SOB aren't you? I give them a chance of getting top 8, I think they are building.

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
You a miserable SOB aren't you? I give them a chance of getting top 8, I think they are building.
Tend to agree about both of those observations! I will not be surprised if we crush the Coast and then have a solid win over Melbourne. Melbourne's run of excellence takes a toll and I remember Souths doing something similar many years ago. Barely missed a beat during the season, finished the regular season as resounding minor season premiers, didn't fire a shot from that point on. Gone in straight sets.

The Broncos, this Broncos can keep winning and I bet they can't wait to rip into Melbourne to establish credibility. It wiil be no trouble to get up for that game. Owing the coast a beat down will have them in a ferocious state of mind.

lynx000

NRL Captain
Waiting to win lotto
Tend to agree about both of those observations! I will not be surprised if we crush the Coast and then have a solid win over Melbourne. Melbourne's run of excellence takes a toll and I remember Souths doing something similar many years ago. Barely missed a beat during the season, finished the regular season as resounding minor season premiers, didn't fire a shot from that point on. Gone in straight sets.

The Broncos, this Broncos can keep winning and I bet they can't wait to rip into Melbourne to establish credibility. It wiil be no trouble to get up for that game. Owing the coast a beat down will have them in a ferocious state of mind.
Even if they lose, but are competitive and keep it to a close margin that will build self-belief for them.

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
After Newy got belted today, our door to the top 8 is open. If we can belt the Tits for our F/A, we can be in 8th by 1 point by next week.
We don't need to belt the Titans to be in the 8 next week ... If we win by 1 we can be in the 8

mrslong

State of Origin Rep
Patriots Nation
you know...wondering how this team didn't go all the way in 2009...??

oh...Ivan Henjak coach.......yeh.....
Iirc Wallace was injured in the prelim & instead of playing hunt at 7 he put Thaiday into the halves with locky. Against a million $ better Melbourne team in Melbourne. What a disaster!

Accept

NRL Player
Sawtell
Not miserable, just realistic. If that clashes with your Disney style of fan support, then I apologise. If a lucky draw over the Warriors and a home victory against the league doormats is classified as building, then your standards are lower than I thought. I'll talk to you again at the end of the season and we'll compare notes.

Alec

International Rep
Points differential doesn't really matter for us anymore as we are on an odd number of points
It still matters a bit - even assuming no more draws for us, Warriors are on the same amount of competition points, but their P/D is better.

lynx000

NRL Captain
Waiting to win lotto
Not miserable, just realistic. If that clashes with your Disney style of fan support, then I apologise. If a lucky draw over the Warriors and a home victory against the league doormats is classified as building, then your standards are lower than I thought. I'll talk to you again at the end of the season and we'll compare notes.
I will look forward to it.

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
Unless someone else has a draw, and then there will be 4 of us. I think we need to improve our F/A as much as possible.
There has been one draw in something like 3 years ... I think another draw in the space of 7 weeks is highly unlikely...

We just need to focus on winning first and foremost ... Be it by a single point or 30 points

BroncsFan

NRL Player
Next week, apparently.

Seibold has said TPJ will go back to lock, but I don't think he should.
He probably will but given the damage he's caused on the edges he should be given some reign to venture out there.

I'll be happy to have Gillett's defence on the edge and TPJ's attack

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter