PRE-GAME Round 19 - Titans vs Broncos

Can’t remember where I heard it but TPJ said in an interview that he likes defending in the middle and running out wider.
Hopefully that's what happens. I actually think it's what will happen, but it may take a little while to perfect. Could have been the reason Gillett was played in the middle at the start of the year, to give this option with either TPJ or sua.

Allo

NRL Captain
He probably will but given the damage he's caused on the edges he should be given some reign to venture out there.

I'll be happy to have Gillett's defence on the edge and TPJ's attack
This is the best option I think. I’m a life member of the Gillo fan club, but even I concede his attacking output is at an all time low the last couple of seasons. I do feel he’s not entirely to blame for that as he’s had to emphasise defence with Niko and Roberts on that edge to mind.

That right edge needs his defence, but needs Pangai’s attack. I just hope TPJ can still provide that 3rd prop role at lock that Flegler has been doing the last few weeks without losing that attacking impact out wide by the time we get up the other end.

Of course a lot of stuff is still up in the air long term with whatever happens with the halves and whoever is best suited to be outside them. And the same applies to Glenn + Fifita

theshed

NRL Player
I wonder if everyone who is saying that our for and against don’t matter because of the draw know that if us and the warriors win next week and Newcastle lose, our for and against will decide whether we are in the top 8 or not.

winslow_wong

State of Origin Captain
bris
I wonder if everyone who is saying that our for and against don’t matter because of the draw know that if us and the warriors win next week and Newcastle lose, our for and against will decide whether we are in the top 8 or not.
Exactly... I don’t understand that talk at all. Simple mathematics.....

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
Pretty sure most posters are on to it. For and against became an irrelevance for us against all teams except the Warriors. I think the point was made that if we keep winning it won't matter at all.

broncos4life

International Rep
Brisbane
They are being Top 8 teases atm but they will pull up well short. They would have to chase one down of either Newc, Pen or Parra but those teams are on a different level to the Broncos and it just won't happen. Should beat GC (no guarantee) but I can't see them winning any of the following four matches. Play the Dogs to finish the season but it will be one of those nothing games where the result won't mean anything. Despite a 3 game unbeaten streak, the Broncos just aren't playing well enough to even slightly dream of a playoff spot. Will finish 11th or 12th.
You can tell the diehards, they always refer to ‘their’ team as ‘they’.

abashii

NRL Player
Deep Didgeridoo
No thanks. I have always been a massive Bennett fan but I do think the club made the right choice in Siebs.
I'm also a big Bennett fan and I'm not sure whether Seibold was the right call or not, we'll find out in a year or two, but bringing the big man back now would be quite possibly the worst decision made in rugby league this century. If you exclude any choices made by the Titans, Bulldogs or Knights. Well maybe not the worst but top five surely. At least top ten.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter