PRE-GAME Round 19 - Titans vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

You a miserable SOB aren't you? I give them a chance of getting top 8, I think they are building.
Not miserable, just realistic. If that clashes with your Disney style of fan support, then I apologise. If a lucky draw over the Warriors and a home victory against the league doormats is classified as building, then your standards are lower than I thought. I'll talk to you again at the end of the season and we'll compare notes.

Points differential doesn't really matter for us anymore as we are on an odd number of points

It still matters a bit - even assuming no more draws for us, Warriors are on the same amount of competition points, but their P/D is better.

Not miserable, just realistic. If that clashes with your Disney style of fan support, then I apologise. If a lucky draw over the Warriors and a home victory against the league doormats is classified as building, then your standards are lower than I thought. I'll talk to you again at the end of the season and we'll compare notes.
I will look forward to it.

When’s gillet due back? He’ll walk straight back into the team due to past reputations

Next week, apparently.

Seibold has said TPJ will go back to lock, but I don't think he should.

Don't pay too much attention to him. He's just still bitter that the Broncos sacked Wayne Bennett.

Well at least Wayne has just done us a favour.
Souffs have beaten the cowgirls so we will stay where we are on the ladder.

Unless someone else has a draw, and then there will be 4 of us. I think we need to improve our F/A as much as possible.
There has been one draw in something like 3 years ... I think another draw in the space of 7 weeks is highly unlikely...

We just need to focus on winning first and foremost ... Be it by a single point or 30 points

Next week, apparently.

Seibold has said TPJ will go back to lock, but I don't think he should.
He probably will but given the damage he's caused on the edges he should be given some reign to venture out there.

I'll be happy to have Gillett's defence on the edge and TPJ's attack

Last edited:
He probably will but given the damage he's caused on the edges he should be given some reign to venture out there.

Can’t remember where I heard it but TPJ said in an interview that he likes defending in the middle and running out wider.

Can’t remember where I heard it but TPJ said in an interview that he likes defending in the middle and running out wider.
Hopefully that's what happens. I actually think it's what will happen, but it may take a little while to perfect. Could have been the reason Gillett was played in the middle at the start of the year, to give this option with either TPJ or sua.

This is the best option I think. I’m a life member of the Gillo fan club, but even I concede his attacking output is at an all time low the last couple of seasons. I do feel he’s not entirely to blame for that as he’s had to emphasise defence with Niko and Roberts on that edge to mind.

That right edge needs his defence, but needs Pangai’s attack. I just hope TPJ can still provide that 3rd prop role at lock that Flegler has been doing the last few weeks without losing that attacking impact out wide by the time we get up the other end.

Of course a lot of stuff is still up in the air long term with whatever happens with the halves and whoever is best suited to be outside them. And the same applies to Glenn + Fifita

I wonder if everyone who is saying that our for and against don’t matter because of the draw know that if us and the warriors win next week and Newcastle lose, our for and against will decide whether we are in the top 8 or not.

I wonder if everyone who is saying that our for and against don’t matter because of the draw know that if us and the warriors win next week and Newcastle lose, our for and against will decide whether we are in the top 8 or not.

Exactly... I don’t understand that talk at all. Simple mathematics.....

Even if F/A didn't matter, would you rather win by 1 or 51?

Pretty sure most posters are on to it. For and against became an irrelevance for us against all teams except the Warriors. I think the point was made that if we keep winning it won't matter at all.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Lurker
  • Broncorob
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.