PRE-GAME Round 19 - Titans vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

There seems a mental issue with us when we come up against the Tit's. For whatever reason, we rarely seem to turn up against them - thinking it'll be an easy 2 points. There is no doubt that they (like Melbourne) love to turn it on when they play us. Also, they were good in the first 20 mins last week.
I have heard some talk from the playing group this week though, that has kind of addressed this issue. I think we are starting to understand that no win in the NRL is easy, and there are really no guaranteed 2 points against any team.
I am however, a little worried that we already have one eye on next weeks game against the Strom.
We need to win against the Tit's to have any chance of making the 8.
If we can get it done against Melbourne next week then I think we could really shake the top sides. We like playing the Roosters, and I genuinely believe that we will beat the Souffs in a few weeks at Suncorp. We have a horrendous record against the Storm tho.
Hopefully I'm not jumping the gun, but I like what is happening within this team, we just cannot afford a half arsed game tomorrow or we will be done.
I believe the Broncos will go on a winning run now and think they'll give it to both the Tits and Storm. I have been of the belief that Milford and Boyd haven't been happy for a very long time now but the swap seems to have pleased everyone!

I think Milford actually hated the pressure of being either halfback or 5/8 and loves being out back and not always defending. Boyd on the other hand has less time on his hands and now seems to be acting instinctively. I like the teams balance now and hopefully Gillett will be fit and his consistency will give us strength.

Our premiership tilt might start earlier than next year and it might have started three weeks ago. Glass very definitely half full.

I have been of the belief that Milford and Boyd haven't been happy for a very long time now but the swap seems to have pleased everyone!

I think Milford actually hated the pressure of being either halfback or 5/8 and loves being out back and not always defending. Boyd on the other hand has less time on his hands and now seems to be acting instinctively. I like the teams balance now and hopefully Gillett will be fit and his consistency will give us strength.

Totally agree!

I think it will be tougher than some think but there does seem to be a bit of belief in the Broncos at this time. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Tits lead at halftime with the Broncos getting them in the second half.

I thought I heard one of the Tits players say that the fitness regime wasn't really as demanding as at the top end clubs and that isn't an issue with the Broncos and might be to our advantage in the latter stages of the match.

Either way the remaining matches and challenges have to be met head on and overcome convincingly to demonstrate that THIS year we are a threat. Every year should be considered a premiership year and the word 'rebuilding' should never be uttered. No excuses, no apologies.

It was Copley wasn’t it?

Exactly the reason I thought it was stupid to extend a guy over 30 with medical issues. Probably isn't related to the neck injury, but often once you get one injury, others come with it. Seeing as he has had hamstring issues recently, wouldn't be surprised if this is lower back tightness.

At approx $700k a season, he really is offering the least value of our forward pack.
[automerge]1564105976[/automerge]
I think Joffa should be next in line for lock. He's earned his chance.
Has he? Honestly been bung average most games this year. Based on performances this year id rate our forward pack in this order;

Haas, Glenn, Lodge, Fifita, TPJ, Gillett, Flegler, Offa, Carrigan, Kennedy

Lodge has had a couple poor games whilst Glenn has been very solid all year. Gillett, even in the games he has played hasn't been fantastic.

Last edited:
Joe O has looked a little off the pace recently. I've noticed that after he's come on it takes quite a while for him to synch up with the team. Slow into tackles, slow getting off and slow getting on side. Perhaps starting might help or I might just be wrong.

I hope Seibs goes along with this line of thinking (Offa or Carrigan with TPJ back to 2nd row) and try not to get cute with things.

We haven't been this far down in Seibs lock pecking order as Flegs has been filling in when TPJ is elsewhere.

I just hope it doesnt end up being TPJ lock, Glenn 2nd row, Fifi right 2nd row and Coates/Herbie into center.

Against the tits we should look to keep continuity and TPJ has been monstering teams on the edge, whilst Glenn is holding up in center... it's a must win game so keep it simple and go with the obvious answer.

I thought Joffa was doing well early on and into Origin but hasn't come back overly strong after his injury.

Joe O has looked a little off the pace recently. I've noticed that after he's come on it takes quite a while for him to synch up with the team. Slow into tackles, slow getting off and slow getting on side. Perhaps starting might help or I might just be wrong.

...with any luck we will be closer to the truth at the end of 80 minutes against the Tits...

However it raises a question concerning who or what is the pecking order should Broncs lose 1 or both of their starting front rowers (injury, rest, illness etc). Say we lose both, would it be Offa and..????

Id say they'd have to have the ability to churn out 150+ running meters game to come even close to what Lodge and Haas provides...i think Offa can match that and more but who else..??

...with any luck we will be closer to the truth at the end of 80 minutes against the Tits...

However it raises a question concerning who or what is the pecking order should Broncs lose 1 or both of their starting front rowers (injury, rest, illness etc). Say we lose both, would it be Offa and..????

Id say they'd have to have the ability to churn out 150+ running meters game to come even close to what Lodge and Haas provides...i think Offa can match that and more but who else..??
Great question. Lodge is pretty durable and Haas figured out that running sideways isn't clever but he's very young and I could see him having time off. Offa has to be next best but after that we only have young guns and none that really even come close. A couple of injuries as you say and we're done for.

It would be Carrigan and Joffa. Patty is a prop who can also play lock imo, same as Joffa. As much as I like Flegler for me he is better used as a bench forward.

so the way im seeing it we have second rowers Fifita, Glenn, Gillett, TPJ, Front row of Haas , Lodge & Joffa, and then locks Flegler, Patty and.....Kennedy..?

then you can rotate some of those between second row and lock....

Got a lot of options there....but i think right now we'd really struggle to match what Lodge and Haas give us if they are out for any reason....

Also it seems to me losing Glenn and Gillett over the next year or two leaves us short in the 2nd row...who is coming through the ranks in a year or two that can replace them.>??

Brian Kelly out, Copley shifting to centre & Don on to the wing.

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Battler
  • Mustafur
  • Allo
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • Organix
  • ThomasovPreaf
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.